Low point baking

QtNutmeg

Hi all, I adore baking but have trouble with eating the mixture as I go and making things which I can't afford (points wise to eat afterwards!)
I' ve come across what looks like a great low point cookie recipe which I'm going to try but does anyone have any baking secrets, tips and recipes they are willing to share? :)

Spice Cookies

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 10
Number of Servings: 36
Ingredients
1/2 c whole wheat flour (7)
1 1/2 c all purpose flour (20)
2 t ginger, ground (0)
2 t cinnamon, ground (0)
2 t allspice, ground (0)
1/2 t salt (0)
1 t baking soda (0)
1/2c margarine (115g, check packet in case but was 17pts for lite olivani**) nb can replace 1/2 of this with apple sauce or pureed apple as well
1/2 c brown sugar (11)
1/2 c very ripe banana, pureed (can replace with pumpkin) (0)
1 t decorating sugar, candy sprinkles or sugar in the raw (or can use jelly crystals)

Directions
Sift all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Place the margarine in a mixing bowl, then add the sugar and mix until creamy. Add the banana and continue to beat at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. If the mixture looks loose, add one tablespoon of the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Add all the flour mixture in small amounts until combined. Divide the dough into 2 balls, wrap and press each one into a flat disk. Chill for at least two hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the dough balls between two sheets of wax paper and roll out as thinly as possible. Stamp with a small (1"-1 1/2") cookie cutter. Sprinkle with decorating sugar; bake 10 minutes. Immediately after cooking, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an air-tight container for up to one week. One serving equals two cookies.

Number of Servings: 36
I calculate this to be 3pts for 2 cookies if make 36 :)
** If use flora ultralight 1/2c is only 10 points! which = 3 cookies for 4 pts :) :) (1.3pts a cookie)

Last edited:
Back