Low syn chocolate cake - now with picture

_becca_93_

Hi got this off of the slimming world website and thought i'd post it on here. I have not tried making it yet but will have a go this afternoon. Has anyone tried it and if so what is it like? Do you think the main texture of the cake would be scanbran or would it actually taste chocolaty?
Hope this has not been posted before
Hope you don't mind me posting this on here. :)

Could easily be cut into 6 slices aparently

Low-Syn chocolate cake
Syns: 9 Syns for the whole cake
You will need:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener
Method:

1. 1Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
  2. 2Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
  3. 3Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
  4. 4For a free topping, pile with (defrosted) frozen forest fruits or top with chocolate spread (4½ Syns per tbsp).

Just made the cake it looks ok and tastes kinda chocoatly but am a bit disapointed with the texture :( does help with a choccie fix though :)

cake becky made 002.jpg

click to see a bigger image :)

Last edited:
I made this a few weeks ago - it does taste chocolately, so does help when you're having a weak moment, but it definitely doesn't taste like or have the texture of real chocolate cake :(

yes it is a little dissapointing however it is nice with a yogurt over the top if you are not veggie would be yummy with a muller light over it heated up or even frozen like people do as icecream :D

Try it with a Mullerlight chocolate sprinkles yoghurt over it, I am going to make this cake and I think I shall do that, thank you for the recipe.

There's a weetabix version around somewhere, which is the one I tried.

Wasn't impressed as it didn't really taste of or have the texture of chocolate cake. I suspect this one will probably be the same.

You could try adding some chocolate extract, which I buy from Waitrose, quite expensive, but really makes a difference when making chocolate mousse.

Hope this helps.

Back