Low Syn ready made sauces

sarah83

Try and try again
Hi

I've been struggling to stick to SW over the last couple of weeks as there have been too many days when I've gone for the take-away option as too lazy or too busy to cook!

To avoid days like this in future, can anyone recommend any low syn Indian, pasta or Chinese sauces (5syns or less per person)

I don't drive so a bit restricted on shops, mainly:
Tesco (home delivery)
Co-op
Iceland
Lidl

Any ideas would be great, and might stop me falling off the wagon again!

Theres some of the blue dragon stir fry sauce sachets under 5 syns for the whole packet

black pepper-4.5
chinese mushroom and garlic-5
chop suey-3.5

few just over 5

canton black bean-5.5
chow mein-5.5
thai red curry-5.5

For pasta i would mainly just use passata since its free, sometimes crumble a HE amount of goats cheese in it

PS If you can find the chop suey sachet tell me where as I cant find it anywhere and used to use it quite a lot!

Also I make extra portions of meals and stick some in the freezer so that when I cant be bothered cooking/busy I just lift them out and bung in the microwave and hey presto a low syn meal with no fuss

Just make your own. I make a big batch of tomato sauce and freeze it in portions but you can easily rustle one up in the time it takes to cook the pasta.

Thanks for your suggestions. I do love cooking and do often freeze leftovers, but you know those days when you just really fancy a takeaway and really can't be bothered? Low syn sauces should hopefully quash some of that, making me feel a little bit naughty when really it's not!
Does anyone know of any low syn Indian or Italian sauces?
I do often use passatta but find it quite tasteless so end up adding garlic, shallots, balsamic, herbs, sweetner etc to liven up which brings me back to the whole 'can't be bothered to cook' problem...

theres a mushy pea curry recipe on her which is free on a green or ee day, havent tried it as not a pea fan though it supposedly doesnt taste like peas, ill have a look for the link

This Bhuna cooking sauce from Asda is really nice (well I think so :p ). You get a large jar and fairly low syn (especially if you are serving a family)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asda Good for You, Bhuna Cooking Sauce, jar 570g jar[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
7 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 7 Syns
green.gif
Green 7 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[/FONT]​

Thank you for all your suggestions, I will try them

Hi

I use the Schwartz Biryani spice mix. It is only 3.5 syns for the full packet and it is so easy to use. It has an easy to follow recipe on the back and it is really lovely. They also do a lovely Cajun Rice with Beef one too and that is only 4 syns. Both of these make lovely meals with no effort and very little syns. Hope this helps.

Oh and by the way Asda are doing them at two for £1.50.

Back