Low syn Stir Fry Sauce, or flavouring of some style needed!!

t11cky

I cooked a lovely stir fry yesterday using 'Tesco Chinese stir fry sauce'. I have just discovered that the syn value of the sauce is 18syns!! Luckily I made enough for it to be spread over 2 days so not the end of the world!!

Does anyone know of a stir fry sauce of any kind that is lower in syn value? as I cooked this thinking I was cooking a healthy meal!!

If there are no low syn sauces or similair, Is there any really easy low syn recipes to make a sauce for a stir fry???

I would be so gratefull as everything apart from the sauce was syn free and I loved it so much!!

I never use sauces as lovely as they are. I'm no expert but I do have a stir fry about 2 or 3 times a week and just make a sauce using a mixture of things... Pasatta, ginger, garlic, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce, chillis and Worcester sauce are all good used randomly as a concoction, I tend to add other spices as I'm going along too.
If you want something tastier you could mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chillis and honey and it will still be very low in syns :) x

I like our style, Sounds good to me!!
I might have a go later in the week and come up with some sort of concoction, Pasatta sound good. Maybe try it with diet coke and then a variety of spices like you said!!

Thanks, I was just in shock with the syns in the tesco sauce!!

Blue dragon sauces are low syn. By the stir fry packets (they serve 2) and look at the calories per portion.20 cals is 1 syn. I like black bean with beef and I think thats 3 syns per portion. Tete are a few I opt for and each are between 3 and 4 syn a portion. Sweet chilli sauce (from a bottle also by blue dragon) isn't very high. U can just use a tbs to coat ur prawns.

Lovely, Thankyou I will keep an eye out for blue dragons as well, Do they sell them in Tesco's, Do you know??

Hoi Sin is a lovely Chinese sauce....1.5 syns per tbsp. I use it in most of my Chinese food

Forgot to say if you mix it with some soy sauce it makes it go a bit further....soy sauce is free.
Also sweet chilli sauce is another good one....think again its 1.5 syns per tbsp.

I like the fanta chicken. It tastes just,like sweet and sour.
1 can fanta zero
7 tablespoons of passage
Peppers
Pineapple
Chicken

Put it all in your wok/pan and leave to reduce. Makes a very sticky gorgeous sauce. My oh thought I had bought it!

As mentioned before the Blue Dragon ones are great, they vary in syns but they are lovely. I buy the small sachets from Tesco and they will give me 2 meals easily if I bulk them out with veg :) x

i use the wasabi brand teryaki sauce, 1tbsp = 1 syn, and bulk it out with soy sauce! the OH doesn't even notice!

I use 1 tsp honey (1 syn), 1 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce (either 1 or 1.5 syns) and soy sauce (free)! So so yummy!

In my stir fry sauce I use 2 oxo cubes, soy sauce, ginger, chilli, garlic and enough water that you require. The sauce is very thin, but if you are having it with noodles or rice then this absorbs the sauce

1 can fanta zero
7 tablespoons of passage
Peppers
Pineapple
Chicken

Put it all in your wok/pan and leave to reduce. Makes a very sticky gorgeous sauce. My oh thought I had bought it!

Don't forget you would have to add the syns for cooking the pineapple (2 syns per 100g) but it would still be fairly low depending how much pineapple you used hugs Crystal xx

Thanks Lukasmummy for posting about cooking pineapple.. I didnt realise cooking it would add syns! :)

Lukasmummy said:
Don't forget you would have to add the syns for cooking the pineapple (2 syns per 100g) but it would still be fairly low depending how much pineapple you used hugs Crystal xx

hkilleen said:
Thanks Lukasmummy for posting about cooking pineapple.. I didnt realise cooking it would add syns! :)

You could always add fresh pineapple right at the end of the cooking then as it hasn't cooked, it'll still be syn free :)

I just used chilli, garlic, ginger all chopped up. Then add soy sauce, sometimes some marigold vegetable bouillion and some water, and some sechzuan peppercorns. Yum

Same as most of the above, soy sauce, chinese five spice, garlic, chilli powder or tabasco. Sometimes if I dont have five spice I literally just throw whatever i can in and hope for the best. Sometimes ketchup and soy sauce can be yummy! If I could afford sweet chilli sauce though i totally would (also OH hates it) *grumpy face*

1 can fanta zero
7 tablespoons of passage
Peppers
Pineapple
Chicken

Mmm this sounds fab Lilprincessvic!! :thankyouthankyou:Thanks!! I will deffo be trying this!! x

i always use ketchup chinese and of course pepsi max its not just good for chicken it makes loveley sauce if you get ya quantities right

Back