'Low syn' taster night! Would you think I was crazy for bringing my roasties?

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
I was going to take my chilli con carni but I don't really want to spend time making it when I don't want it for my tea tonight so it would be left for lunch tomorrow - just seems like a waste. However - following someones advice on here I made some roast potatos last night with garlic salt and soy sauce and they were amazing!

I wondered if its a bit weird to take roast potatos? :p They won't take long to make and I think they are really nice - also since I hadn't had a roast dinner since I started until yesterday maybe it will let some of the newer members know it can be done.

Last edited:
I think roasties are a great idea. I made a roast dinner last night and made rosemary and thyme roasties and was so impressed with them that fry light achieved even better ones than my Christmas 'goose fat' roasties.

They sound yum I'd definitely be giving those a try!
I've made choccy cake (Stacey's recipe) and cut it into 0.5 syn squares for our taster tonight....was initially worried people might not want to try it but to be honest at least that means I get to take it all home :D

ohh yes take them, when we had a taster night it was nearly all couscous this and couscous that or quiche

They sound yum I'd definitely be giving those a try!
I've made choccy cake (Stacey's recipe) and cut it into 0.5 syn squares for our taster tonight....was initially worried people might not want to try it but to be honest at least that means I get to take it all home :D

Ohhhhh I hope someone has something yummy like that - I would def try one! :D

I took Britmum's chickpea cake and it all got woofed!

I would love roasties!!!
My MIL has also made the mini quiches in the latest magazine (eggs and a spot of milk) and they are heavenly...very moreish!

Is everyone having taster nights except me this week?!

Is everyone having taster nights except me this week?!

We always have ours on the last WI of the month. I love taster sessions!

we are having a taster night this week too, could i have the recipe for those?

Here you go!

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

Total syns: 60
30 truffles = 2 syns per truffle
(can make truffles bigger or smaller to suit – just adjust syns accordingly)

200g good quality chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
6 tbsp strong black coffee (such as espresso - I use instant made up quite strong)
2 tbsp clear honey
2 tsp Splenda, or to taste (optional)
1 tbsp cocoa powder, to dust

1) Melt chocolate in a large bowl over simmering water or alternatively microwave until melted.

2) Gently pour in the coffee and slowly mix it into the chocolate until the consistency thickens. The texture of the chocolate will start to seize and thicken almost instantly.

3) Add the honey a tablespoon at a time and slowly mix it in until you get a highly glossy chocolate mixture. This should only take a couple of minutes. Taste and add Splenda if desired.

4) Chill the bowl in the fridge for an hour or until the truffle mixture is nearly solid.

5) Sieve the cocoa powder onto a plate. Scrape a teaspoonful of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a marble-sized ball, then roll through the cocoa powder until fully coated and pop into an airtight container. Repeat the process until all the mixture is used up and store in the fridge. Dust with additional Splenda if desired.

stacey what chocolate would you recomend fot the truffles???? id really like to take these to group on thursday xx

I usually use a nice one like Green&Blacks but it doesn't really matter so long as it's a dark one that's at least 70% cocoa.

Also you may need to leave it in fridge for more than an hour - I seem to recall leaving it for a couple of hours to somewhat solidify as it made it easier to roll. They tend to go melty quickly in your hands so if the mix is firm and crumbles, don't worry as you can warm it with your hands to make them truffles, whereas if the mix is too soft still then it will just stick to your hands.

brilliant- ill have to give these a try thanks so much xx

Yum these are going to my taster session tonight! Even better that I can make them at work on my lunch hour and leave in fridge until end of day until i can roll them into balls! Thanks xx

Back