Eating my way through life, from one meal to the next!

OpalLilyEats

Gold Member
Hi everyone

I've been an old hand at SW now for a few years and been a familiar face around here for a while but I thought my old diary was getting old and rusty! My goals have changed and my challenge is a different one, so time for a fresh start!

I first started about 3-3.5 years ago when I was bridesmaid for one of my best friends and did not want to hate how I looked in photos that would be displayed in her home forever. I never went to classes but began following SW at home and started to run using C25K. I knuckled down and followed SW until I only had 1/2 a stone left to lose and when I struggled to get any further, I combined it with 5:2 which helped shift the last bit. I reached target over 2 years ago in June 2014.

I then became very good at "balance". I still followed 5:2 and exercised regularly, but began to reduce the number of days I actually followed SW. The weekends got longer.... they started on a Thursday night and ended on a Monday morning... with the treats increasing and the willpower decreasing! Luckily, I have been able to maintain my weight generally around the 8st 7 mark with this approach over the last couple of years.

However, recently I've found myself heading closer to the 9st mark. With training for a marathon and being very busy in work, I've not been following 5:2 as strictly and with that cushion not there anymore, my weight has very slowly been increasing...

I am getting married on NYE and I want to look and feel amazing and I won't feel like that if I don't take some action.

I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks (I was 8st 9.5 when I last did) but since then I've turned 30 and had ridiculous celebrations involving lots of food and drink! My clothes are tight (if they're even fitting at all) so it's time to claw it back.

I'm going to get back into the swing of weighing myself every Friday from this week. I am going back to what I know best and what I know works, SW coupled with 5:2 and regular exercise... but being stricter than I have been.

I have a few things coming up in the next month or two but generally the next 4 weeks before the marathon are pretty quiet so I have enough time and energy to focus on getting my routine back and shifting some of this weight.

Feel free to join me on this new and exciting journey, and feel even free-er to crack the whip if I begin to deviate...

Last edited:
Yesterday was a successful fast day! Hurrah! It was also a rest day but we took advantage of the lovely evening and went for a nice long walk. I got a new fitness tracker for my 30th so I am obsessed with getting my steps in!!

Yesterday's grub...

Monday 23rd Aug - Fast

oriental stir fry veg - 88 cals
wholegrain rice - 192 cals
75g frozen prawns - 54 cals
1/2 egg - 36 cals
packet of wotsits - 90 cals
piece of choc - 55 cals

TOTAL = 515 cals

Today's plan...

Tuesday 23rd Aug - EE

B - creamy bacon and mushrooms (1) on toast

L - crustless "quiche" Lorraine (2 for 10g cheese) with salad

D - fish, Cajun roasted veg/baby potatoes, broccoli, 2 clementines, liberte yog (1)

Others - banana, pear, PB cornetto (10)

HExA - SS milk
HExB - WM toast

Syns - 14

Exercise - PT session after work

Last edited:
Yesterday was a success! Hurrah! Even had syns left for a sneaky cornetto, felt so bold!
I went to bed at 9.30pm though and slept right through. I am a little concerned at how exhausted I am at the min and how much I'm sleeping but hoping it's just the training!!

I have my wedding dress fitting tonight, eek! I'm not where I want to be but I'm only around half a stone out so hopefully it'll be ok. Fasting again today as out for most of the evening. Not quite sure on eats but will update later when I know more :) xx

Weighed in today at 8st 10.5lb so 0.5lb over target. Been 3 weeks since i last weighed and it's a gain of 1lb. Had 2 weeks off plan birthday celebrations in there though so I'm delighted with that. Onwards and downwards!!

Yesterday's grub was EESP, over syns too, naughty

B - porridge and mixed frozen fruit

L - quiche (2) and salad

D - 2 veggie sausages (1), beans, toast and mushrooms

Others - 2 easy peelers, pear, apple, banana, freddo (5), red wine (10), chips (6?)

HExA - SS milk
HExB - oats/WM toast

Syns - 24

Exercise - 10k run

What a lovely sunny bank hol weekend! I got lots of fresh air as me and the mister went camping and hiking but we also went eating and drinking...

I fell off my bike on Sat and cut my knee quite badly so no running over the weekend, just walking. Going to have to venture out tonight though and brave it!!
Back on the SW wagon today with a carby, veggie green day... BNS mac n cheese is my fave <3

Tuesday 30th Aug - Green

B - scrambled egg and toast

L - apple, banana, pear, protein yog (1)

D - BNS mac n cheese with salad (can't wait for this!!)

HExA - SS milk / 1/2 gruyere, 1/2 parmesan
HExB - WM bread/alpen light

Syns - 1

Exercise - easy 5k jog

Thanks! It was delish, that mac n cheese is bloody amazing!

I had a successful fast yesterday too which even included a meal out at nandos! :)
Back today with a red day but will post diary tomorrow after the day is done. It will be a 100% day though as in work until 9pm so no time for naughties!

Weigh day tomorrow - eek!! Espec after being a total chuba chubster over the weekend... oh well. line drawn! x

Wed 31st Aug - Fast Day

1/4 chicken breast - 330 cals
corn on cob - 144 cals
salad - 11 cals

TOTAL = 485 cals

Back