lowcarb megastore - Does anyone use this site?

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Atkins Product, bar | Low Carb Megastore, Carbohydrate Diet, shopping, chocolate, diet, food

Hi beautiful people, i wasn't sure where to post this but i hope i'm in the right place :)

I came across the above site when searching for low carb protein shakes and i was wondering if anyone has used this site before and if they could share their experiences of the products?? I'm interested to know how they would taste because almost every protein shake i have tried (apart from the Cambridge Diet shakes) taste all chemical and grainy.

There is such a variety of products on there to help live a low carb lifestyle so i'm really interested in using the site. I want to start off with the shakes and then move onto the bars and snacks.

I would really appreciate any advice/experiences.

Thanks in advance for your replies :)
xx

I use it and its great. I found the delivery always to be fast.

The product i use are;

Barnetts sugar free sweets - love em!
Davinci sugar free syrup - always have a drop in my morning coffee:)
Dreamfields pasta - Fantastico!
Chocolite shake - tastes fab
Low carb Ketchup - tastes great
Atkins crackers - tastes ok but satisfies the crunch monster
Shirtaki noodles - nice, look odd though.
Akins Bars - nom nom.

Please be aware that all of these are taken in moderation, i see them as treats not an everyday staple.:)

Hope this helps.

Hi, are you joining us? I don't really use any LC or SF products myself.

Hiya

I am awaiting a delivery from LCM as we speak. I use -

- the Barnetts sweets too like Zim, ditto shirataki noodles
- am trying the carb free gum today
- Atkins chocolate (for treats) - cheaper than anywhere else

For shakes I use the Holland and Barrett 90% soya protein and add some Splenda and nutmeg or coffee, mixed with half water, half soya milk.
Holland and Barrett - 90 % Soya Protein Powder

Susie

The tomato ketchup is nice (not heinz mind lol) and the bbq sauce with honey is revolting ;)

I just had a lok at the site and they are 2 miles from my house, this may come in handy :)

Hi lovelies, thank you so much for all of your replies. Its good to know that some of you use the products and find they yummy :).

I think i'm going to order some advantage shakes and then maybe try the bars and treats. I didnt see the sweets, will have a look for them in a minute.

Zimara: if you dont mind me asking how much do you usually pay for P&P? I know its by weight but i'm hoping that using the website is alittle cheaper then doing the Cambridge Diet. You also mentioned that you use the products in moderation, so do you just have them as little treats on odd days whilst you stick to a menu of mainly low carb? I just want to have the shakes and bars (alongside my chicken/fish/vegetable), but i wouldnt mind the occasional sweet and noddles. How often do you have the noodles? Sorry about all the questions but i seriously need to get my diet sorted.

Jim: I am thinking of adopting a low carb way of life. I kind of have to because of medication side effects (i am unable to process sugar :(). So i'm really interested in using the products from the site and i'm hoping they will make my new way of eating alittle easier.

I do have a question about low carbing though! How often do you eat read meat (lamb)? I like my chicken but i love my lamb but i know its very fatty.

Thanks again for all your replies.

xxxxxx

The website looks alright, might give it a go and order some of the no carbs stuff!

I only ever paid the standard P&P, never gone by weight. It's free over £75 i think.

I would recommend you using these products on the first two weeks of induction, i would follow the book. The purpose of induction is to wean you off the carb addiction you've built up over the years and to put you into ketosis. I am currently on OWL phase, eating 30nc a day.
If you havent already i'd recommend reading this http://www.minimins.com/atkins-diet/82208-so-youre-thinking-starting-atkins.html

The noodles i've only ever had once, i do have a packet in the cupboard but keep forgetting them.
Dreamfields i have prolly once every fortnight.
Protien shakes i drink after a big run (5+miles), i prolly do this once a fortnight.

I do have a question about low carbing though! How often do you eat read meat (lamb)? I like my chicken but i love my lamb but i know its very fatty.
as much as you want :D im having lamb leg on sunday!

Jim: I am thinking of adopting a low carb way of life. I kind of have to because of medication side effects (i am unable to process sugar ). So i'm really interested in using the products from the site and i'm hoping they will make my new way of eating alittle easier.

Low Carb is obviously the road for you then. Welcome

I eat red meat most days, Beef, Lamb etc. I also eat a lot of bacon and sausages. :)

Lol, i just realised that i wrote 'read' meat instead of 'red'. I'm glad you can eat as much as you want, i cant get enough sometime :)

Thank you again for all your replies.I dont think i'll go for the pasta and noodles yet, i might have the meal replacement shakes and experiement with other products. I will have a read though all the Aktins threads in here and then maybe write out a diet plan over the weekend.

Has anyone tried the gum and sweets off the site? Maybe this thread could be a thread to share experiences and to discuss products we have had off the website. Just a thought!

xxxx

Good plan, be prepared is the motto. :)

Back