LT Diary Charlotte

Day 64 (Friday 10th January 2014)
Morning all! I went into sixth form today for the first time since September so I could see people, have a catch up and get my photo taken for my student ID/swipe card as I intend on going into sixth form more often. I was surprised that one of my teachers didn't recognize me, but that's probably because of my haircut. One friend commented on my weight loss, saying "ooh you like all slim!", it's really nice to hear.
I've always had pretty severe anxiety when it comes to sixth form as I'm quite socially awkward and have bad confidence; before LT I didn't even want anyone to see me because I hated the way I look so much. Now, I'm not as bothered (I still am, a bit, but I think I can deal with it now). Anyway, I'm off into town later to see two friends that I recently set up together and now they're dating :) Then I'm seeing the boyfriend, but until then I'm going to go and catch up on some sleep!
Oh also I've been putting off meeting the boyfriend's mates for a while because I'm scared of what they'll think, like "dude, you're dating a sumo", but I unintentionally met his best friend yesterday and afterwards he apparently congratulated my boyfriend on how nice I am :D

Losing weight will definitely give you more confidence!

When I was 16 I was overweight and at 6th form college. I wore massive fleeces and clothes my (overweight) grandma had given me and didn't talk to anyone, I just felt like a non person, being around people was completely painful for me. In the summer between the first and second years when I'd had enough of feeling sorry for myself I turned 17 and I'd lost a load of weight through sticking to cutting down to around 30g of fat a day and jogging and exercising in my tiny box room!

The difference for me that year at college was phenomenal, it took me a while to cotton on but I realised that guys were starting to chat me up (first of all I thought they were laughing at me!) and my confidence grew and therefore more people were interested in me as I wasnt giving off 'leave me alone, I'm too fat and awful to talk to' vibes. I made loads of new friends and even ran for nus rep! I would say that losing the weight allowed me to gain more confidence and self respect and led to me doing things like applying for really good universities and interviewing really well, when I could barely speak to anyone before.

So lap it up lady, you've worked hard and you deserve to reap the rewards!

Losing weight will definitely give you more confidence!

When I was 16 I was overweight and at 6th form college. I wore massive fleeces and clothes my (overweight) grandma had given me and didn't talk to anyone, I just felt like a non person, being around people was completely painful for me. In the summer between the first and second years when I'd had enough of feeling sorry for myself I turned 17 and I'd lost a load of weight through sticking to cutting down to around 30g of fat a day and jogging and exercising in my tiny box room!

The difference for me that year at college was phenomenal, it took me a while to cotton on but I realised that guys were starting to chat me up (first of all I thought they were laughing at me!) and my confidence grew and therefore more people were interested in me as I wasnt giving off 'leave me alone, I'm too fat and awful to talk to' vibes. I made loads of new friends and even ran for nus rep! I would say that losing the weight allowed me to gain more confidence and self respect and led to me doing things like applying for really good universities and interviewing really well, when I could barely speak to anyone before.

So lap it up lady, you've worked hard and you deserve to reap the rewards!
Wow it seems like you were in exactly the same place that I was in, not wanting to talk to people and hiding away. I'm glad that you managed to turn things around, that's exactly what I'm on my way to doing! Thank you for your support :) x

massive well done on 5lbs down :) Hope all is good with you x x
Thanks Jenny, well done to you for losing all that Christmas weight in such a short amount of time! I'm fine thanks just very tired, how are you? xx

Thanks Jenny, well done to you for losing all that Christmas weight in such a short amount of time! I'm fine thanks just very tired, how are you? xx

Thanks. I cheated 2 days ago so not very hopeful for next weigh in :(

Im not too bad thanks, just really cold today, cant seem to get warm.

Have a good weekend x x

Thanks. I cheated 2 days ago so not very hopeful for next weigh in :(

Im not too bad thanks, just really cold today, cant seem to get warm.

Have a good weekend x x
Oh no :( I'm sure you won't have done too much damage and if you have it will go fairly quickly just like the Christmas weight!
Ah I know the feeling, doing a milkshake diet in the middle of winter probably wasn't the best idea ever :D
Thanks, you too have a fab weekend! xx

Day 65 (Saturday 11th January 2014)
Forgot to update yesterday as I was busy but here goes... today is 6 months since mine and my boyfriend's first date, so he came over in the evening and we had a really nice night. I saw him last night (friday) and the day before as well, he really boosts my confidence. I'm shocked that I'm still 11st10 which is 2lb down from thursday, I seem to be losing weight quite fast compared to the 2/3lb average I had last month, not sure why. Not really much to say, hope everyone has/had a good weekend!

Last edited:
Day 66 (Sunday 12th January 2014)
Boring day but managed to get some coursework done! Also, I saw 11st8 on the scales this morning, I've gone back up to 11st10 now after drinking lots of water and shakes but still, I'm amazed at how fast this weight seems to be going now, I thought it would have slowed down. It's probably because I've been walking and going out more, now that my confidence has allowed me to do so. I'm having real problems with clothes at the moment, I never had many clothes anyway and used to (and still do) always wear the same things: zip-up hoodies, vest tops and leggings. Well I've only got my new-ish size 12 leggings that fit and even they're getting really slack, but my jumpers are all hanging off me and making me look like really poofy. I've lost all this weight but you can't see because I'm concealed in a jumper that's too big. I don't want to fork out loads for some new jumpers because they won't fit in a few months. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Day 67 (Monday 13th January 2014)
I was hopeful for my weigh-in as I was down 4lb yesterday but I'm back up to 11st10 now and it doesn't seem to be shifting that fast, oh well! I've been awake since 7 because of sixth form and I'm very very tired but I had a good day and it was nice to see my college friends again. Also I've just been shopping and bought a size 12 jumper, thanks to a sale and student discount it was only £9, yay!

Day 68 (Tuesday 15th January 2013)
Nearly weigh-in day, not looking forward to that as I'm still only 2lb down from thursday, oh well a loss is a loss. Also last week the price had gone up from £36 to £45 (as I expected) but the staff didn't know it had been changed and the manager wasn't there so they only charged my £36, this week it'll probably be corrected again and I'll have to start paying more, may switch to slim & save soon.
Anyway, my niece came over today and we went for a drive to a little beach nearby, it was cold but nice to get out, I've been trying to get out more now that I have the confidence for it. She said I look slim, it's very noticeable that I've lost weight especially on my tummy, and that my confidence seems to be improving. For the first time ever I actually let her get photos of me, including full-length ones (which I may upload if/when she sends them to me!), I don't even recognise myself. I'm so used to looking at photos of me and thinking "I have a fat face", "my legs are chunky", "ew", "that's awful" etc. but these are actually decent, I don't look like a blob anymore I just look normal! Also it's nice to know that I'm only 10lb overweight now instead of 2 stone! I feel great :D
Hope everyone had a good day

its great to hear that you are feeling confident and happy to look at photos of yourself. well done Abbey. hope you have a good day x x
Thanks Jenny, I hope you have a good day too! xx

Day 69 (Wednesday 15th January 2014)
Feeling really good today, I feel like I look quite slim and streamline from the side and all my clothes are getting big. Was 11st8 this morning :)
Not much to say but I took Mum to the little beach that me and my niece went to yesterday and it was really nice. It's at the very end of a big headland and when you drive down the end there's just sea and headland on all sides, from one side you can see across Newquay Bay and see about 5 miles in the distance, and from the other side you can see beaches and waves, it was really relaxing!

Day 70 (Thursday 16th January 2014)
3lb down at weigh-in! My pharmacist is really lovely and is only charging me £36 still, as with all the others that started Lipotrim before the price increase, because he doesn't think it's fair that we should pay so much more. Anyway, I've now crossed off the mini goal of losing 30lb! I'm so nearly at my goal :D
Chart:
WEIGHTLOSSCHART Week 10.png

Day 71 (Friday 17th January 2014)
Forgot to update yesterday. Went to Costa with a few friends (I just had a bottle of water, as always) and introduced my boyfriend to everyone, which went really well. One of my friends started talking to me about how different I look and how she didn't even recognise me when I went into sixth form last week. When I got home, Mum said that she was talking to someone I used to work with and they saw me in town a few days ago and said I look "fabulous", I'm glad people are finally noticing the new me! Anyway, the boyfriend came over in the evening and because of being out and busy all day I only managed to drink a liter of water and 2 shakes, oops! Also, 9lbs and I'll officially be 'healthy BMI' oh yeah!

Also, I find this really interesting, It's an online height/weight chart where people have submitted their photos to represent each height/weight, giving an idea of how different bodies look even at the same BMI's, but also to give you a rough idea of what you'll look like at your goal weight. It makes me realise that although 5ft6 and 140lb (10 stone) looks good, I'd much prefer to be closer to 130lb (9st4) or even 120lb (8st8) in the long term, meaning that after my birthday when I should be around 10stone, I think I'll switch to Slim & Save to lose a further 20-ish pound

And I just checked my height and I'm an inch shorter than I thought I was (I'm 5ft5 not 5ft6), damn it.

Last edited:
It makes me realise that although 5ft6 and 140lb (10 stone) looks good, I'd much prefer to be closer to 130lb (9st4) or even 120lb (8st8) in the long term, meaning that after my birthday when I should be around 10stone, I think I'll switch to Slim & Save to lose a further 20-ish pound

And I just checked my height and I'm an inch shorter than I thought I was (I'm 5ft5 not 5ft6), damn it.[/QUOTE]

Well done. 120 might be a bit low for you. I have a friend who is your height and at 130 they look terrible. I am stuck at 12st 7 now. I had a bowl of all bran I was really constipated it worked :) I am doing 50 mins treadmill and jillian Michaels ripped in 30 five days a week and still the same on the scales :( I think I am losing inches though but with this fibroid my belly is still big :( I have never had a big belly. I have always had a strong core but within the last year I noticed myself getting weAker. Here's an incentive for you to keep your weight down women under 11 st have less of a risk at developing fibroids!! I am hoping to have it removed and I am going to insist the surgeon weighs it!!! Keep up the posting it gives me motivation.

Well done. 120 might be a bit low for you. I have a friend who is your height and at 130 they look terrible. I am stuck at 12st 7 now. I had a bowl of all bran I was really constipated it worked :) I am doing 50 mins treadmill and jillian Michaels ripped in 30 five days a week and still the same on the scales :( I think I am losing inches though but with this fibroid my belly is still big :( I have never had a big belly. I have always had a strong core but within the last year I noticed myself getting weAker. Here's an incentive for you to keep your weight down women under 11 st have less of a risk at developing fibroids!! I am hoping to have it removed and I am going to insist the surgeon weighs it!!! Keep up the posting it gives me motivation.
Thanks Mazzy. Yeah it might be a bit low, I'll see how I feel at 140, but my friends are around my height and one weighs 110 and the other weighs 130 and they look good, I guess it's just a difference of opinion, I'm young and want to be slim, not just 'normal'. 12st7 is good you've made progress! Maybe you're losing fat but putting on muscle because of all the exercise? Ah, well I hope you can have it removed :) I'm glad I give you motivation, keep up the good work I hope you start losing soon!

Last edited:
Back