Lumps

snowyz81

I am waiting for my shaker to come and have to make at least of the shakes at work. How i can get rid of the lumps without taking a blender into work.

its tricky to get them all out without the shaker but try mixing with a whist 4 a few minuites SHOULD get rid of any big lumps.i do that with the soups but must admit i like lumps in the soup haha

You can buy shakers in Boots at the moment - as part of the Tony Ferguson range. £2.49.

That's good I have paid £5 the kids lost the inner part,( think it must be in the bin) and yesterday paid £4 and thought I had a bargin LOL, I take a blender to work but so prefer the shaker.

I am a secret dieter I am afraid so I wont tell anyone at work. The way I get around it is I have the soup everyday at work. At least it looks and smells like normal soup so no one knows and yes there are lumps in it that I cant get rid of but I just think of the old waistline and swallow!!!

I took the skakes a few times to work and the lumps were much harder to get rid of. Yesterday I brought a vanilla shake to work by mistake and thought I had brought soup. Trust me - a Vanilla shake made with boiling water is not for the faint hearted!!!

I deserve to loose a stone this week just for drinking that!!!

lol. I made mine once with hot water (by mistake) It was a strawberry one, god it was rotten! how the hell I drank it I dont know. I also hand to buy the hand blender as I couldnt cope with the lumps, lumps were way worse than a hot strawberry shake! anyday :(

But you can always add coffee!
On the other hand when you've added the coffee and pour in what you think is vanilla shake powder only to spot the little green flecks...

But you can always add coffee!
On the other hand when you've added the coffee and pour in what you think is vanilla shake powder only to spot the little green flecks...

PMSL!!! That was so funny!!

You can buy a hand/stick blender from Tescos for £4 or less. Keep that in work with the excuse that the lumps make you feel sick if anyone comments.

I went to Boots today to see if they had the Tony Ferguson blenders but they didnt! They did have some shakers in for £4.99 which is good considering I bought some off eBay and they never turned up! :(

hi ya if you havent got a shaker or a blender i use a bottle of premeasured water and tip the powder in and then shake , I have also made a mistake once i thought i had a vanilla shake and it was soup which i made cold, it made me gag ALOT :)

when i am in work i get two paper cups, fill them near the top with water, then split the shake in two and put some shake on the top of both of them and then just stir with two wooden stick thingies till it is not lumpy... think you can get shakers in tesco too.. i usually leave one in work and one at home..

hi ya if you havent got a shaker or a blender i use a bottle of premeasured water and tip the powder in and then shake , I have also made a mistake once i thought i had a vanilla shake and it was soup which i made cold, it made me gag ALOT :)

never thought of that.. handy if out too... i will give that one a go :):)

I went to Boots today to see if they had the Tony Ferguson blenders but they didnt! They did have some shakers in for £4.99 which is good considering I bought some off eBay and they never turned up! :(

Who did you buy from on eBay cause mine hasn't turn up and he said it must have got lost but he could find the recorded delivery slip

Who did you buy from on eBay cause mine hasn't turn up and he said it must have got lost but he could find the recorded delivery slip

It was a bloke called phil...his user name was shunt my trucks. I'd bought the NuPharm strips off him seperately which turned up fine. He was a right snotty git when the shakers didnt turn up but gave me a prompt refund when I threatened to go to PayPal direct!

have you tried making a paste first with some cold water.....then slowly, with a fork keep stirring and pour in the hot water.......

Good idea scotsmist

I think I will try that with the soup at work.

lumpy!

Hi!
I just use a plain boring old sieve!!!! it leaves my shakes lump free:D and get a little tea strainer for your handbag!:eek:

Back