Lunch ideas for work/uni

Caz

Repeat Offender
I start back at uni in September so need some lunch ideas. I don' want to eat lunch at uni because I don't think I'll end up eating right choices and it's impossible to count but also it's pretty expensive! So anyone got any ideas on things that are nice for lunch that you can easily package up, don't need to be kept in a fridge, heated up and are relatively quick and cheap to make? Thanks :)

All i can suggest is sandwiches, pasta/rice salad. That's all i ever took! Take snacks too so you stay away from the vending machines! I would take fruit, quavers, raisens, even maltesers etc if you have the calories to spare. Have a filling breakfast too like porridge or eggs on toast.

Wraps wraps wraps wraps! I lived on wraps last year!

Luckily, my timetable meant I would have lunch before or after a lecture, but sometmes I would take lunch with me. I had, and still do have, a Tesco seeded wrap (165) with 15g Philadelphia light (lots of flavours to choose from) (25), slices of wafer thin ham (20), loads of salad and some sun dried tomatoes (50) - thats a wrap for 260 cals and then I have some crisps for under 100 cals too!

Hi Caroline, When im working long hours i tend to take a sandwich with seeded bread usual 66 cals per slice & some thin ham 30cal.

Then for snacks i go for fruit, snackajack curls 88cals (they are tasty!) special k bars 83cals & diet coke/water always keeps my mind of cals!!

:) x

such a great post i always do badly when i have to go back to uni :( x

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I get so bored of salads so will definitely be using some of these!

Most days I'm in uni 9-6, which means I'll be out 8-7 so I'm going to have to start thinking about dinners aswell. Maybe cooking things up in bulk and freezing stuff to reheat so that I don't end up turning to quick but bad food!

See I don't really have this problem as with uni I only have 4 lectures over 4 days, so I'm only uni for a couple of hours a day unless I go to the library but that rarely happens because I'm a poor student. Have you ever heard of Japanese Bento? They're Japanese lunch boxes basically (its so cute, mums get up really early to make them extra cute for their kiddiewinkles!) anyway, they're quite small so the idea is you pack as much nutrition in as possible but they always work out super cheap to make (especially if you use rice and/or noodles). Check them out, they're a tonne of websites on the interwebs dedicated to Bento. They're really addictive! I haven't really explained them too well here, because I fail at the use of language to convey what I mean, but they're a good idea for calorie counters.

Back