Lunch ideas for work/uni

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Caz, 13 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I calorie count but I'm trying to lower my carbs a bit to see if that makes any difference to my losses. I'm not going as far as Atkins kind of low, just lower than now. At the moment, lunch generally consists of a wrap of some kind or ryvita and soup or ryvita and cottage cheese. These are all fairly carby so was wondering if anyone could suggest some low carb (and low cal, up to 300-400) lunch options that I could take to uni or school when I'm on placement?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 212degrees

212degrees 112lbs lost - 28 to go!

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(25.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had the same issue with work and my evening job. My favourite is a romaine lettuce leaf instead if a tortilla wrap. I still use the same fillings like tuna mayo or salmon or ham and philidelphia but wrap it up in a lettuce leaf instead! All the flavour of the filling with practically no carbs! Romaine lettuce seems to work the best because of its shape and if you make up the wraps an keep them in cling film they tend to keep their shape too. If anyone makes odd comments I just say I ran out of bread lol! All you need to do then is choose your fillings base on personal taste and calorie content. Hope that helps! Xx

4. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Ooh that's a good idea actually! I fancied a salad today but I've got no lettuce :( Might make the salad and buy lettuce on the way and add it in then lol

5. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    You can also try burgen soy and linseed bread if you fancy a sandwich - only 10 carbs a slice. I also buy joseph pitas and mama lupe wraps from lowcarbmegastore - only 4 and 3 net carbs respectively.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.