Lunch Ideas Need URGENTLY!!! for beginner

Leanne89

Hi Everyone

I am on a mission from today/tomorrow to get my weight down and my main problem is trying to think of what to make of eat for lunch or dinner

so any ideas would be great! im a plain jane when it comes to food but willing to adventure :p

many thanks

Leanne

The most important thing is to plan your meals well in advance. If you don't you'll only fall off the wagon. I make stacks of couscous or rice salads (couscous and rice both 3 points for 60g) - just cook the couscous or rice as normal, and fry loads of different veggies in Low fat spray. Add Quorn or meat to it and remember to count the points. Make it interesting by adding flavouring - chilli, garlic, herbs / spices, whatever.
Another thing I do is to get some WW tortilla wraps / pitta breads / bagels for sandwiches. Very low fat mayo is your friend here (can't remember the points but you get loads), add it to tuna / chicken / etc.
The best advice I can give you is to try to find healthy alternatives to your favourite food. E.g. if you like chicken and bacon with mayo, make sure the chicken is low fat and chargrilled, the bacon is WW and again, use the VLF mayo. Pack everything out with loads of salad - which, incidentally, always tastes nicer and is far more appealing inside the sandwich, rather than as a side dish.

I just had soup, which i know is a bit boring but there's loads of different flavours and if the weather's anywhere near as cold and wet with you as it is with me it makes you feel better! I had a Heinz 'big soup' which was really filling and only 3 points for the whole tin! x

Am keen to follow this thread too as I've ended up just taking Ryvitas, Philadelphia and fruit into work and am getting rather bored of it...

Back