Lunch ideas

Wispa

I have not been doing Slimming world long and find it really difficult to find things for lunch on the go without using too many syns.

After a lot of Vodka at the weekend I am worried that being good since will make me gain on the scales tonight!

If you are having to take food with you then its best to prepare it the night before. Make a cous cous salad or a pasta n sauce quiche for a green day. Meat and pickle platter for a red day. And take lots of fruit and a muller light and a can of diet drink. The recipes section is great for ideas too.

I really struggle with lunch ideas too. I ahve done green days since March & I often have salad with couscous or pasta, passata & peppers, al made the night before to take to work. If you're at home what about a jacket potato with beans, cheese (or both!).

Im doing my first red day today, veggie style & Ive made a salad with grilled tomatoes & peppers & Ive thrown in quorn pieces in garlic & herb.

I''m on green and for lunch I normally have cous cous, Pasta & Sauces or rice with lots of salad and veg! Have a fruit bowl at my desk to pick on and lots of water and a muller light :D

I slep in this morning so didnt have time to make anything, so i have a pack of super low fat noodles in my desk draw that i'll be munching on for lunch, along with a muller light yogurt, a can of diet coke and an apple :)

Im having a bacon sandwich for lunch today.
Using 2 slices of Nimble as a HEXB and bacon (fat trimmed) as free. At work today so will nuke the bacon in the microwave lol.

If I'm on GREEN i sometimes take in some already made up Bachelors Savoury Rice (prepared the night b4).
Red days are usually salads. I must admit i do get a bit stuck on RED lunch, so might have to steal some ideas from here ;0)
If i haven't quite made up my mind what day I'm doing i make up a huge fruit salad and have an Activia vanilla youghurt poured over the top.

I had super noodles for the first time ever last night for my supper - they were ok but I think a bit of an acquired taste ????

I had the chicken and herb ones, but they didn't taste like that to me - also got some of the Chilli ones - are they any better ???

Cheers

T

I've got the chicken and herb ones today, i prefer the normal supernoodles but they are syned so the chicken and herb ones always go down well!!

The chilli ones are nice, bit of a kick to them, its nice to have the noodles as apart of a meal - so they you don get too bored of them :)

I make a quiche the night before and have that with salad, or with beans depending on what day I am doing. I also like salad with cut up bits of chicken or salmon and beetroot.

x

I did my first red day yesterday, veggie style & for lunch I made:

Salad with grilled peppers & tomatoes. I cooked quorn chicken style pieces, added some garlic & lemon juice, threw it all together & it was a really tasty lunch!

I'm not a fan of salads at all - I just associate them with dieting!

I tend to make a big pot of tasty soup at the weekend and either freeze it in portions or keep a bowl in the fridge. Nuke in microwave and lunch is ready! Loads of great syn-free soups out there, so you never get bored.

Alternatively, for lunch on a run I go for 4 ryvitas (Healthy Extra), laughing cow cheese triangles (Healthy Extra) and some tomatoes, cold ham, etc (or whatever you fancy). Quick, relatively tasty and I find ryvitas take so long to eat, it makes me feel I've more than it looks like!

Of course, add to that some mullerlights, a low syn chocolate treat and some fruit and I'm sorted!

I've had boiled eggs, seafood sticks, baked beans (just cos there was 1/2 tin in the fridge looking rather sad), tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, celery and lettuce. I've took to squirting lemon or lime juice over my salad instead of dressings and then sucking on the lime/lemon at the end of the meal. Talk about wake the mouth up and clear the pallett. Pudding was banana, orange, pear and an apple with some natural yogurt on top.

I take some cottage cheese, carrots sticks, cherry tomatoes and have 5 scan bran with it..I have fruit throughout the day then.
I think I am a part of a rare breed who likes scan bran on their own.

lol

I am fed up of salads for lunches...I am thinking of making some soups and bringing it in in flask..
I have access to a microwave, but by the time I get back to my desk my food is cold! HAHA

Back