Extra Easy Lunch Idea's

roxy222

Hi everyone i need load of ideas for lunch i get stuck with lunch times as dont have alot of time and usually had a sandwhich, Please give me ideas of a quick lunch

thanks I have searched through other peoples meal diarys and got a few ideas but want to do a big shop so i have all the stuff i need this is my first week on slimming world

I love cous cous made with a chicken stock cube then add loads of chopped salad and half a tin of red salmon or tuna. Its lovely - dont know what my workmates think of the smell though!!

Pasta is ok cold or rice with lots of salady bits added. Homemade soup

Plenty of snacky things (have just got into the prepared bags of carrot batons myself)

One thing you must be is prepared as its so easy to grab something naughty if you're not

Sw quiche - lovely, easy and good to prepare the night before. Search forum for different recipes

Hiya
I'm the same with struggling with lunch as I always have my HE B for brekkie. At the moment, I'm just taking it left overs from the night before or a Mug Shot; just something quick and easy. My partner always has a filled wrap but I just cant justify the syns on it!

Not a massive soup fan so other suggestions would be very welcomed.

The dried savoury rice packets - prepare the night before and add extra vegies or salad

If you have a microwave at work, you could have Pasta n Sauce, just make sure you have something to cook it in.

I have also made potato wedges in the microwave...cut up a jacket potato into wedges spray with Fry Light, salt and pepper, and then do them on high for 8 mins, giving them a shake in between.

As for ready meals, the only one I have ever had is from Tesco's, their light choices creamy mushroom pasta...it's 1.5 syns.

Kirsty

I like couscous & salad. Also pasta with quorn & veg I make the night before. Some Uncle Benn's rice packets are ok & they're 2-4 syns and in the microwave.

Weight watchers med veg ready meal is only about 1.5syns and it's really yummy. You'll find them in the chilled section.

Other ideas are.....
Jacket potato with tuna mayo and sweetcorn (use extra light mayo for the lowest syns) I usually put salad with this or I have chicken instead of the tuna.

Left over syn free curry or chilli from the night before and add to pasta or jacket.. (again)

Tinned mackeral in tomato sauce (only about 59p) and mix it in with pasta and veggies of your choice. Depends if you're a fish fan :p

I hope some of these ideas help

i find Low fat supernoodles do the trick for me Free. easy and filling, or a ham and pasta salad or left overs lol I stay away from sandwhiches as i only use bread for my HEXB

I try and mix it up as much as I can otherwise it can get a bit boring. Pasta one day (fry off some onion&garlic, add some bacon and chicken till cooked, stir in some passata and fresh chopped chilli, simmer for about 15 mins, mix in the pasta) Yummy!
Jacket Potato another day with cottage cheese/spaggetti hoops, etc. Salad another day, maybe homemade soup one day, rice/cous cous with sweetcorn, cucumber, etc.

Back