Lunch on the go

catz_marr

Ideas!!

Ok, so I'm giving slimming world a real shot having read so many of your success stories, well done by the way!!!

I am a sales manager which means I am on the road a lot, right now I am in a hotel room, dinner and breakfast are covered as can choose wisely from the menu, however I will need to pick something up for lunch tomorrow whilst out and about...this is worrying me as I can't think what to go for, I am trying to save my syns as much as possible as have a wedding to go to at the weekend too!

Please help!!

Catz xx

Hey hun,
I'd suggest if your picking something up whilst out, go for a jacket potato, chicken breast/ham salad box, fruit salad. If you go for a sandwich and choose wholewheat bread, you can use the bread as your HXB and subtract 6 syns from the total syns. Or if your able to pick up some packets of mug shots, you could make them from your room.
Hope this helps. Good luck on your SW journey! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Problem is il be in the car pretty much all day....apart from my appointments so can't cook anything..are there any pasta salads/cous cous pots that are syn free/low syn that I can grab from tescos or what would a good sandwich be to o fow....how does the deduction thing work? Sorry for all the questions!!

Ooooh at target? Go you ;-) xx

Oooh, i'm not sure about the ready-made couscous pots at Tesco, I always steer away from them as I picked one up at M&S and it turned out to be 9 syns as apparently they add oil/dressings to them.

I have just found these on another thread so you could have a look out for them:

Tesco Snack In A Pot, Tomato & Herb Pasta, 62g Pot - 2 syns on Green & EE
Tesco Light Choices, Roasted Vegetable Couscous Snack In A Pot, 60g Pot - 1 syn on Green & EE
Tesco Healthy Living, Moroccan Style Couscous, Snack In A Pot, 60g Pot - 1 syn on Green & EE
Tesco Light Choices Snack Pot, Sweet Chilli Prawns With Noodles, 300g Pot -1.5 syns on Green & EE

If your not able to pick these up, I would suggest (if you have tea making facilities in your room) getting some of the Ainsley couscous sachets, there around 1/2 syn each, you could just put it in a tupperware type box and add boiling water and any veg/dressings you might want to add. You could make these in advance in the morning? (Might also be an idea to use a cool box/bag if you have one)

Also in Tesco , I like their Tesco Tikka Chunky Chicken pieces which are free on Red & EE (you can find it in the chiller section). Bernard Matthews also do chicken and turkey breast slices which are free on Red&EE days, they're great to add to your salads/couscous.

Aww thank you hun! It's almost 2 years since I reached target …not sure how i've kept it off really lol!:17729:

catz_marr said:
Problem is il be in the car pretty much all day....apart from my appointments so can't cook anything..are there any pasta salads/cous cous pots that are syn free/low syn that I can grab from tescos or what would a good sandwich be to o fow....how does the deduction thing work? Sorry for all the questions!!

Ooooh at target? Go you ;-) xx

If you choose a bought sandwich and calculate the syns, if the sandwich is whole meal, then you can deduct 6 syns from that total and count that as your HexB and the rest as syns. Lots of sandwiches are really high though, so do be careful that you don't go over your syns. You would need the app to calculate. If you choose a plain chicken salad with no mayo it would probably be among the lowest (but fairly boring). Some people use a food flask which you could put boiling water into from your hotel kettle and then add a mug shot or savoury rice pack to it later. If you got a side salad from tesco and some cooked chicken to add to it and fruit, could be a fairly filling meal, but reckon it wouldn't be the cheapest if that's a factor. Alternatively you could take some hard boiled eggs to add. Maybe you could make a frittata and take slices of that to snack on too. Even better if your hotel room has a little fridge. I will often have leftovers cold rather than reheating them. So if you have made a rice dish at home, pack a tub and have it cold. Doesn't appeal to everyone. Hope you find something cos lunches can be a bit tricky if you're relying on buying something whilst on the go. You are right to plan cos if you leave it to chance you are unlikely to find just what you want that doesn't bust the syns bank. Good luck :)

Back