Lunch to go syn values

gleggers

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I find locating the syns values for things like 'on the go lunches' (not sure what else to call them), quite difficult. I find it easy to get the syns for anything I am cooking at home or buying in my shopping from the supermarket. Most days I make my own lunch but there is the odd time, for example today when I was out clothes shopping that I fancied grabbing some lunch. So I intended getting some kind of pre-packed salad from M&S, but I just couldn't locate the syns. I had the 'snacks' book in my handbag but didn't find it very user friendly. I could find a couple of things from the Count on us range and a couple from the fuller longer but it all seemed to be more like the ready meals than the pre-packed salad type things. I tried searching on the app but because there was no Wi-Fi connection it took so long. So even though they had some lovely looking prawn salads, salmon salads and wholefood edamame bean-type salads, I didn't dare try any, as I didn't know the syns, so came home hungry.

So I suppose what I'm asking is for some kind of list for these things - or is there an easier way of finding the syns values? I used to do WW and for that it was easy - you'd go to pre-packed lunches section, then look for M&S. Surely there must be an easy SW equivalent way to do this?

Thanks x

You could get the food directory however I believe this is only issued once a year and so wouldn't be as up to date as syns online. You really need to use the app to get the most up to date syn values for any new products though I know that's a pain if you don't have an internet connection.

Back