Lunch

*AnnaMaria*

Silver Member
I have a job interview on Tuesday, and it involves being there all day, from 8.30 until around 4ish. The problem is that I won't be able to escape from piles of people the whole time. Also, there is a lunch where we all eat together with the interview panel. I am pretty certain it won't be anything I can eat. I can hardly rip the meat out of the bread can I? Please help!

i went to a curriculum planning away day and took my box with salad :0) cheekie but dont care !!!lol

I know what you mean, you don't want to look weird. Can you take a small protein snack and eat it in the lunch room if you feel comfortable or if not then scoff it outside or even in the loo. They're bound to give you ten minutes for loo, cig breaks etc.
If anyone challenges you about not eating sandwiches just say you have a wheat intolerance. Best of luck for the interview - what's the job?

Any other time wouldn't bother me Sukie, but I don't want to look awkward and fussy at an interview. Island, I think I will do that :) The job is ICT Co-ordinator, just a little higher than Head of Dept as it includes whole school ICT provisions. I'm up early to work more on the questions (I am awful in interviews).

yeah see youre point , an interview is different i guess, best of luck hunnie xxx

Most of the time other people don't really notice what we eat, we think they do but they don't. If you have to pretend to have an intolerance, just be very simple and matter of fact about it - it's so common these days that people don't fuss about it now. Fingers crossed for you. x

Thanks both xxx

Thanks all, I've decided to pack my bag with Pepperami (having discovered the delights of the peppered horse meat!)

Thanks all, I've decided to pack my bag with Pepperami (having discovered the delights of the peppered horse meat!)
lol !!dear god no please tell me its not true !!!

LOL, it's nor horse meat. LMAO. Good luck darling.

it COULD be!

and thanks :) I am shlitting it!

LMAO!

It was worse than could be imagined. The school provided a dinner ticket, and set up a top table for us candidates to eat with school middle managers. In the queue the MMs were recommending all the things I couldn't have, like the lasagne, the jacket spud etc. I felt like they might even take it personal as the other candidates all went for the lasagne (it was the Head who recommended that - arse lickers!) By the time I got to the front of the queue, I had broken out into a cold sweat at the thought of eating a single carb! Then I saw the quiche :) Imagine my horror when she served it with a load of the most horrible looking wedges I've ever seen. Even when I was a carb addict, I wouldn't have eaten those! Anyway, I sat down, made small talk as I pushed the wedges around, and tried to scrape the egg from the pastry. You were all right, nobody batted an eyelid at what I ate, or what I left :) and I didn't even need to fish in my bag and tell lies about why I had brought two peperami!

lol well done you xxx

Well done for braving death by vol-au-vent! (or school dinner whichever way you look at it!)

When will you know if you've been successful?

Welcome back Karen! Lovely wedding pic :)

I will know tomorrow :-o

Back