Extra Easy Lunchtime Dilemma!

rache

Hiya, Can anyone give me any ideas for cheap n' cheerful lunches please:confused: Hot/cold, I dont mind. It seems to be the one meal a day that I struggle with because before I know it lunchtime is upon me and I cant think of anything of substance using free food bar a fruit medley lol!
Looking forward to hearing your ideas ;)

I sometimes get the Asda good for you pasta pots. The chow main ones are free and i put 2 together with some shredded cooked chicken/beef in. It's really nice and satisfying and feels like your having a chicken/beef chow mein with zero syns.

Leftovers from tea the night before is always a good one too.

This is a really good thread as I struggle with lunches and so do a lot of my friends.

My difficulty is lunch on the go as I'm not always organised enough to take something to work...

Mugshots? Pasta n Sauce? SW quiche?
Sorry, I forgot to say I'm trying to eat as little non-processed food as possible :-( But I'll give the SW Quiche a go for sure, I completely forgot about that, thanks!

I sometimes get the Asda good for you pasta pots. The chow main ones are free and i put 2 together with some shredded cooked chicken/beef in. It's really nice and satisfying and feels like your having a chicken/beef chow mein with zero syns.

Leftovers from tea the night before is always a good one too.

This is a really good thread as I struggle with lunches and so do a lot of my friends.

My difficulty is lunch on the go as I'm not always organised enough to take something to work...
Thats usually my prob too, if I'm disciplined enough I'll make something the night before, doesnt happen often tho lol!!

I struggle with lunch really bad, most of the time I know what I'm having for dinner but never have a clue ant lunch... Today I had bacon (fat removed) mushrooms b/beans and poached egg. With a peach to follow, was yummy x

I struggle with lunch really bad, most of the time I know what I'm having for dinner but never have a clue ant lunch... Today I had bacon (fat removed) mushrooms b/beans and poached egg. With a peach to follow, was yummy x
Ooh, that sounds lovely! I eventually had a ham salad sandwich using the bread as my HEB, it was lovely but so need inspiration as I get bored with the same thing all the time and then find it hard to resist temptaion :-(
Will def try the bacon,shrooms,b beans and poached egg tho!

I get some bulgur wheat, put it in a bowl, cover with boiling water and put a plate on top to keep in the steam. Leave it until cold, when you should find all the water has been absorbed.

Then I mix in pomegranate seeds, chopped clementines, finely chopped fresh mint, salt and pepper, and some cubes of feta cheese. Sometimes I add tomato and cucumber as well.

I don't add any dressing because personally I don't feel that it needs it.

This is a very flexible recipe and you can add what you like. It started out as a couscous recipe, but I prefer the texture of bulgur wheat.

I often have a jacket potato with beans - even used to do it when I worked in an office using the microwave. If you're doing EE rather than Green then you'd also need to include a side salad or have some fruit after.

The other thing I often have, more so in winter, is HM vegetable soup. I make a big panful and then freeze in individual portions and if working can just pull one our of the freezer in the morning and it defrosts by lunchtime and can easily heat up in the microwave.

Denise

i make curry loaf and i have that with either soup or salad. If i dont have a lot of time for lunch i have it itself its lovley:)
xx

its a pack of batchelors mild curry savoury rice, a tin of chick pea dahl and 3 eggs beaten.
Cook your rice then drain the excess water and mix with the 3 beaten eggs and chick pea dahl then pour into a loaf tin.

I cook it on gas mark 6 for about 30 mins:) its really nice , although i used 3 big eggs last time i made it and it tasted a bit eggy- i think mayb 2 large eggs would have done it fine xx

its a pack of batchelors mild curry savoury rice, a tin of chick pea dahl and 3 eggs beaten.
Cook your rice then drain the excess water and mix with the 3 beaten eggs and chick pea dahl then pour into a loaf tin.

I cook it on gas mark 6 for about 30 mins:) its really nice , although i used 3 big eggs last time i made it and it tasted a bit eggy- i think mayb 2 large eggs would have done it fine xx

I made this for the first time a few days ago, but I made the dahl as I couldn't find a tin. It's very nice but mine took about 45-50 mins to cook through.

Think Im going to give it a try, sounds lovely!

Back