Lunctimes at work, any ideas please

Scamp

Hi all

I feel like I am really stuck about what to take for my lunches at work apart from salad. We get 30 minutes and only have a kettle and a microwave and I could really do with something warm but I could do with something that will be different from tea.

At present I do think I am eating too much cheese and eggs and bacon.

Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

meatloaf :) thats yum hot or cold and of course cheese burger pie. or make some soups x

Thanks Vicky, Ive just been looking at the cheese burger pie, and I love soup so that sound like a winner too.

I cheat, I go out for lunch. :)

Jim we dont have nice cafe like that round here :( only a chippy lol

I know, we are lucky here, there's half a dozen nice Cafe's within walking distance.

What sort of things do you have at the cafe Jim - on a legal day and on a non legal day?

If I'm being legal, as like now, an omelette and salad or in the veggie Cafe the 3 cheese and spinach melt.

When I'm not on induction, depending on the weather stew, casserole, Sheppard's pie. Maybe even fish and chips Vicky. On maint, lunch has become my carby meal really.

Thanks Jim - the 3 cheese cheese and spinach melt sounds nice - any idea how they make it?
Do you not get carb cravings in the evenings after eating them at lunch Jim?

I get the carb cravings if I eat more than the one carby meal in a day yes, but not just when I have lunch.

The melt comes in one of those small earthen ware bowls, can't remember what they are called. seems they just fill it with spinach, put the cheeses on top and pop in the oven Vicky.

oh jim that sounds heavenly. :)

It was Vicky, that's where we ended up. :)

mmmm. going to try that myself. is it filling Jim?

erm.... well I have 2 Vicky. :ashamed0005::ashamed0005:

I think your'e supposed to have them with a baked potato or something.

:D ha ha - dont blame you. im sure i could make my own concotion, in fact i think Linz has a similar recipe on the recipe thread :)
yes some nice bread to dunk in Jim :D

it'd go well with a mim I think love.

oh yey. thanks not enough days to eat all these nice foods is there LOL

Back