Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

Quark and Tuna sounds good too!

Aww sorry youre feeling so rubbish, i'm sure youll get used to it, and the weightloss will be worth it. At least your daughter is trying it with you too and you can support and encourage each other.

Its good your husband is concerned about you, maybe he got used to you having such small amounts, but the absence of food totally will probably be a bit worrying for him.

Hope you start to feel better Lynn xxx

I found the first 2 days the worst and then it started to get easier. Keep at it and fingers crossed :)

Conversation in bed last night
'you need to eat something'
'i am eating'
' no you're not, you had a drink'
'right'

This was while hubby was tucking into a bag of his favourite sweets. I dont think ive heard the last of this yet. Roll on Monday when he goes back to Wales and leaves me and my exante in peace lol.

I feel a lot better this morning, hopefully the worst of it has passed, but i dare not tell him how im feeling lol. Actually all he has to do is say lets go for an indian tonight, ill be there like a shot hahaha, but im not telling him that lol.

We were actually planning to go for an indian meal next week but thats off now, im kinda relieved about it too. Wouldnt mind doing it in a couple of weeks, but I want to see what results i can get on this first. Did get on the scales this morning, its looking good for this week! WI tomorrow

Lynn, youre so funny, I can just picture that conversation lol

So glad youre feeling better, and taking a peek at the scales must have given you a boost.. looking forward to seeing your results tomorrow. Good Luck xxx

WI today12.9.5 thats 6lb in total from last Saturday! 6lb!!

I havnt had a weight loss like that since my second week of losing, and only 3 full days of Exante. The only better weight loss ive had was 7lb in my first week. Mind you the trip i had to the hospital last week when i was being violently sick has helped with that, every cloud has a silver lining lol.

Hubby is feeling ill, he has the fluey thing i had a week or so ago, so he is feeling sorry for himself, but it is giving him something else to think about other than what im eating, so i might get some peace.

Oops spoke to soon, he just asked me what my weight loss was, and now is creating about me losing too much haha. Lets hope he goes back to bed, alternatively i could just escape to Nirvana for the day.

wow Lynn!!!! That's brilliant!!!! At your weight now that is absolutely loads to lose, have you been measuring yourself? Bet you've lost inches too, at your Xmas party you'll look phenomenal!!

Your husband sounds lovely, obviously very caring and your conversations are really amusing. Maybe if you poured the shake into a bowl, and ate it with a spoon he would think it was soup!

Enjoy the spa and your fab weightloss xx

Crikey, 6lbs!! That's amazing, well done!!

Haha................4 day in and ive cracked, i need a spice hit!! So we are going out for indian this evening, hubby cant stop grinning lol. Tell ya what tho, hell am i gonna enjoy it!!

Back to exante tomorrow :)

Good for you Lynn, a treat here and there will do you good as you wrote quite inspirationally in my diary, its part of life going out for a meal! It doesnt mean the end of the diet, just doing something normal and you can go back to the diet tomorrow. Youre doing so well, im sure the weightloss will continue irrespective of any meal out. How good is Indian food lol!!

Glad your husband was happy too, he sounds fab!

XXXX

Looks like you're doing everything right :) 6ibs! woooah... nice work.

So pleased also to see you're decisiveness about going out for a meal, you make your choice and then enjoy it. You don't make it and then start feeling bad or questioning it. Definately agree that everyone needs a treat now and then. Hope you enjoy the indian :)

Lol at your husband and his comments! hehe

Well done Lynn just take a few moments and think how far you have come on your weight loss journey how much you have lost - huge achievements, discipline and hard work, week in week out.

Well done you!

Absolutely right Healthy and Imlosingweight! I so enjoyed having some spicy food tonight, first Indian ive had for many months, i really needed it.

We shared a lamb palak, a chicken patia, a vegetable side dish and 1 rice between us and hubby ate far more of it than i did lol. Im absolutely stuffed now and feel quite calm and happy, earlier today i was feeling pretty tense. I also feel quite confident that even with the Indian and 2 exante shakes today that ive had well less than 1500 calories overall, so i dont expect it to do any harm to my weight :)

Im really enjoying the Exante shakes, they are perfect for breakfast and lunch, especially during the week as it makes it so easy to have something instant that i dont have to think about and they are surprisingly filling. But im finding it harder in the evening not having some real food so i might have to rethink the plan a little. Ill see how it goes over the next few days.

Last edited:
Meal sounds great, and a really heathy approach to eating out. I always find with Indian food they work their way through my system fairly quickly, if you know what I mean ! So with that too, dont think there will be any issue with your weight.

Its good youve adapted to the shakes, maybe having two a day instead of three is a good option for days when you fancy something different for dinner. Its great that you have the choice of when to have them, and it would obviously make your husband a bit happier.

6lbs this week, gosh thats so good.. so pleased for you Lynn xxx

Still 12.9.5 this morning :) so last nights indulgence has done no damage, which i didnt expect it to anyway, but still its a relief to see that lol.

I dont know about the plan but I'd imagine that 2 shakes and a healthy meal would still work pretty well.
Glad to see that your meal out didn't do any damage. everyone needs a break and a treat every now and then anyway, just to keep us sane.
Best wishes.

I agree with Pink! Glad you had no change after the Indian, and that today has been ok for you x

Pale silk dove grey blouses and Exante do not mix. Just thought i would mention that in case anyone decided to wear one to work.

First time ive worn it! I took my breakfast shake in the car with me and noticed i had managed to get 3 spots of it on the front of my blouse when i got out of the car. Spent a furious 10 minutes in the ladies trying to alternatively wash it off and dry my blouse under the hand dryer. I could still see the spots.

Lunchtime, i mixed up my next shake and very carefully sipped it out of the shaker, holding it away from me. I noticed a little drop left in the bottom so knocked it back, knocked the lid off and got a big splash of it down the front of me. Spent furious 10 minutes in the ladies trying to wash it off and dry my blouse. I was left with 3 small spots, and a large splash. Blouse is now soaking in a bowl with ultra strong stain remover, that will probably burn the fabric before it removes the horrible protein stain.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at Nirvana, then went to see some friends. I had 2 shakes during the day, and a tuna and quark bake for dinner, but felt a bit sick after the byetta. Will this never go away?

Hubby has a new name for me, he calls me his slinky now :)

We talked about our holiday to Tenerife next year, Ive decided we are going for 4 weeks, hubby just grunts, so ill take that as a yes :)

Ive never had good nails, ever in my life. They flake, chip and break. They never grow long because they start to break up and are pretty weak so bend too easily. I cant have false nails as it totally wrecks the surface of my nails, even nail varnish drys them out leaving them even more brittle.

So it suddenly struck me today that my nails have changed over the past few months. I put nail varnish on the day i had the spray tan to stop it discolouring my nails, on 27th aug, and havnt had it off ever since. I clean it off and redo it of course, but i have continously worn nail varnish for a month now. Previously if i wore nail varnish for more than a few days, it would take weeks for my nails to recover.

I have some pale pearly Sally Hanson Diamond strength nail varnish, that i bought god knows when, and wore for special occasions, so i have been wearing that for the past month.

Not only my nails have improved either, but my skin and hair is also in great condition. Given that ive worried about malnutrition from eating so little for 4 months im actually not in bad shape lol.

The only thing i can put it down to is that ive taken a multivit and a high strength cod liver oil religiously every day for almost 4 months. Maybe those things really are good for you.

Back