Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

Had a work meeting in London today, south this time and driveable thank god. They called it a Roadshow, some directors came along to discuss targets and how we are doing in our sector. Pretty good as it turns out as we are one of the top performing sectors. After the Roadshow they set a quiz for us all, in various groups. There were 5 A4 pages of questions to answer. Im not great at quizzes, for a lot of things i generally know the answer is in my brain somewhere, but it takes a while to surface. So there we all are, about 60 people in all in groups of 5, the finest brains in the bank apparently, and the first sheet of questions? Pictures..................... of Mr Men.................and we had to correctly name each one. It was surreal.

I did really well on one of the sheets, there were about 10 questions listing the ingredients in various cocktails and you had to give the name of each. I knew 8 out of the 10, and i dont even drink lol.

My team won! I had the choice of a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates, not great choices for me lol. I took the chocolates, opened them and force fed them all to my team.

Lunch was provided, i was hoping for sandwiches, but it was full sized filled baguettes (white bread), cakes, packets of crisps, packets of biscuits and some fruit. I took a BLT without mayo, broke it in half and just ate half of it and it wasnt even delicious, in fact it was pretty tasteless. I had 2 tangerines as well. I was really sorry i hadnt taken my own hovis ham and salad sandwich with me, but ill know for next time.

My 'high quality' raw cacao powder turned up today, and it really is much nicer than Tescos cocoa, more intense chocolate flavour. Half a kilo cost £15 with the postage, but it will last a long time.

Well done on resisting those crumby buffet lunches. Thought they would have provided you with something a bit posher than that wouldn't you. At least a salad of some sort.
Sounds like you did well for food anyway.

sounds like you are having a busy week lynn, thanks for the advice about the plateau, i will just keep going and see what happens. i may try your celeriac mash aswell sounds interesting.
Have a nice evening
xxx

Food today
B. Exante shake - 200 cals
L. Half a very uninspiring BLT baguette. no mayo - maybe 250? 2 tangerines 80
D. Same as yesterday, Sausages and celeriac chips and plum tomato - 335 cals

A cocoa when i got home - 15 cals
880 cals total

Nice work on keeping the momentum going and yes I definately agree London is pretty cool for those little sandwhich shops :) - I'm going to read your sausage and chips post again in the next day or so and figure out how to make that meal sounds kind of cool and at less than 400 calories a bit of a steal!

I feel your pain at having lunch laid on for you and not being able to eat it lol. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't resist and had a triangle sandwhich with some kind of spiced chicken which was lovely... which I never should have, but then again, in another life, I might have had four or five triangles ;p

I'm finding 1100 calories to be tricky, so fair play to you at 900 a day, pretty hardcore ! keep your great progress up :)

Hiya, here's how i made my dinner

Tesco sell catchweight celeriac at around 450grms each, so i cut one in half, peeled the half and cut it into chips, gives you about 200 grms peeled celeriac.

This recipe is from Slim104, so i cant take the credit for it.
Boil the chips for about 2 mins, careful not to overcook as celeriac cooks quickly as its not very dense. Drain them and let them dry in the colander for a few minutes, spray with a couple sprays 1 cal oil spray then sprinkle over a good teaspoon of curry powder and shake them about in the colander to coat them. Put them on a baking tray in a hot ish oven for about 20 minutes or so till browned, i also spray the tin a couple times so they dont stick.

The sausages i had were Jamie Oliver high meat content cumberland sausages, and they are really delicious, so i had 2 of those.

Then i served the sausages and celeriac chips with half a can of drained plum tomatoes with a dash of worcestershire sauce sprinked over.

Absolutely delicious and filling, and once you taste celeriac chips you will never want boring potato chips again.

200grms chips works out at about 70 ish calories, 2 sausages were about 250 cals and half can tomatoes about 15, so 335 cals in all for dinner that tastes like you just broke your diet lol

Thanks Lynn where did you buy the jamie oliver sausages? Will definately try that out, tried to thank you but i 'have to spread some thanks around' first =( but tyvm!!!

I got them in Tesco, they do other high meat content sausage brands too, just check the ingredients and check that pork is at least 85 or 90% of the content

I made a decision today. Ive done away with targets and mini goals, apart from my overall target of 11st 5lb.

Ive removed all the mini goals, I dont need them. Ive taken off the date to get to target by, I dont need it.

Im so happy with the way I am now, that im not gonna let a target overshadow that. Im actually starting to believe what i see in the mirror now, and it looks pretty good :)

I love my ticker, so thats staying, but im no longer desperate to get to goal by end of the year. At work yesterday, when we all sat down for lunch, one of the guys looked over to me and said 'it doesnt get any better than that does it, you all slim and glamorous now' I thought that was a lovely thing to say, and it kinda hit home how other people see me now.

On the scales this morning I was down another lb to 12.6, so that was a happy start to the day :). But I do have to eat more, so i guess that is gonna slow the weight loss down, and i dont want an artificial target overshadowing my need to eat properly and keep the weight ive lost gone for good. I need to be able to get my calorie intake upto around 1200 a day and not gain weight on it, otherwise long term im gonna have some serious issues.

So now my goal is to eat more and weigh less. To keep my blood sugars under control though it has to be low carb, and that one thing alone (barring the byetta effect) keeps my calorie consumption as low as it is and has resulted in the phenomenal amount of weight ive lost to date. No doubt i will hit that target number one day, but now its time to get sensible.

I have to laugh though, I would never have believed that trying to eat more would be a problem for me, how weird is that.

Last edited:
Lynn, your inspiring, your doing so well and you look fabulous:)

Well done on the work lunch front, it's really hard when your provided unhealthy high cal and high carb options.

Hope i can do as well as you :)

lynn you have done so amazing so far and you look fabulous! well done you for seeing yourself that way now, good luck with the rest of the journey and i am sure you will do just as amazing as you have done so far. Good luck with trying to eat more!! xxx

Lynn,

It was so lovely to read your last post, I think youre absoultely right in your decision. I must confess I was thinking that you look amazing, really thin and maybe part of the weight loss slowing down is your body saying to you, 'I am fabulous, enough now'. Not really for me to say this though, as everyone has to get to the point where they can see themselves as they now are and accept that they look amazing and have achieved what they set out to do. I feel overjoyed for you Lynn as I think to have reached the point where you can be happy with the way you look and feel is a place not many people reach, even if they lose weight.

You are truly are an inspiration Lynn and your colleague at work seems to have summed up in a nutshell all you have achieved. Thin and Glamorous... if someone said that to me I would cry lol!

I know you have a different kind of journey now to get the cals up and keep the weight down. However, if anyone can do this Lynn you definitely can.

Big hugs Lynn, you have put a huge smile on my face....what a woman!

xxx

Thank you Healthy, you are always so lovely :)

Well, eating more today got a bit sidetracked lol. But i got up late and didnt have breakfast till 11.30am. Hubby was due home around 3pm so i thought i would make a sandwich then, and one for him too, but when he got home i really couldnt face eating at that time. So today has just been breakfast and dinner. I used up the last of the sausages and celeriac for dinner, ill have to go shopping tomorrow i guess. I also made a portion of celeriac chips for hubby tonight as well, he is a bit of a chip fiend, he really enjoyed them too.

B. Exante vanilla shake made with hot coffee, this is so wonderful i just cant tell you how good it is :) - 200 cals
D. Sausages, celeriac chips and tinned tomato - 335 cals

total 535 cals

Woohoo! 5.5lbs off this week! Was 12.4 this morning. Only 13lbs to target now

Food yesterday
B. Exante shake - 200 cals
L. Sandwich with small hovis, ham salad - 180 cals
D. Chicken curry. 1 small chicken breast 175cals, frozen tesco mediterranean veg mix - 70 cals, tsp achar gosht masala - 10 cals, half tub total greek 0% yoghurt - 45 cals - total 300 cals

680 cals total

Last edited:
Thats brilliant Lynn, glad the scales are moving again for you :)

Your so close to goal and looking fabulous.

Hows your daughter getting on with Exante? Is she still giving it a go?

Congratulations Lynn, thats a massive loss this week. Bet you have a wide smile on your face today don't you.

Yep! :D:D:D
Was torture when my weight wasnt moving, and seemed like forever but a big drop this week has made up for it.

Thats brilliant Lynn, glad the scales are moving again for you :)

Your so close to goal and looking fabulous.

Hows your daughter getting on with Exante? Is she still giving it a go?

Thanks Kas :D

Touchy subject i think with my daughter :sigh: She isnt doing the exante now, she gave me back what was left. But thats ok, Exante isnt the be all and end all of diets and if it aint gonna suit her then she has to do her own thing, and im sure she will but i stay off the subject with her now. She is a very beautiful girl anyway, but she does have health issues to consider with the ulcer so I hope she gets to grips with it soon, besides I have a ton of clothes to pass her way so she needs to get her skates on :)

Ive spent the day in town today, had my hair permed! So im curly now lol, and got my eyebrows tinted and threaded, gotta keep the damn grey ones under control.

I went into a proper 'boutique' today, gorgeous but horribly expensive clothes. The sizes were 1 2 or 3 and there was a grey knitted zip up cardigan that i wanted to try on, so as the sales lady was taking the size 2 off hanger for me i asked her what size 2 equated to, 'oh about 10-12' she said. I laughed and said well theres no way this is going on me then. It did actually fit, and there is NO way on earth that a proper size 10 to 12 would go anywhere near me, so maybe expensive boutiques have their own idea about what sizes are. It was £200 by the way. And no i didnt buy it lol, but was nice to browse and try things on even if their sizes are stupid.

Food today
B. cooked breakfast! 2x 97% pork chipolatas 58 cals each, a poached egg 90 cals, and a slice of small hovis toasted and spread with marmite 60 cals, and a tinned tomato 10 cals. Total 276 cals
L. Had a nectarine when i got back from town. 70 cals
D Chicken curry as per yesterday. 300 cals

646 cals total.

Back