Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

Need a photo of you with the new curls!

Not sure Exante's for me either like my food too much and found it easier to stick to low calorie than to not eat. Got nearly a months supply left so will try to be as good as possible and revaluate what i'm going to do then.

Need a photo of you with the new curls!

Not sure Exante's for me either like my food too much and found it easier to stick to low calorie than to not eat. Got nearly a months supply left so will try to be as good as possible and revaluate what i'm going to do then.

I tried exante 100% for a week, but hit a plateau at the same time which was unfortunate timing. Since then i usually have one pack of exante a day for breakfast as it quick and needs no thinking about, but also because i really love the shakes and they are like a treat. You have seen from my food diary what i eat for lunch and dinner, and i have stayed in ketosis on it, in fact the strips turn purple when i test and they were only pale pink when i was 100% on exante.

Some people will say that if you are doing low calorie eating you have to have the 3 packs a day to get your full nutrition. They do have a point and i would be the last person to disagree with that stance, but there is no guarantee that eating 1500 calories a day will give you full nutrition, in fact many obese people eating what they like are invariably undernourished. From my own personal exeprience i have been doing my own vlcd, living on around 500 or 600 cals a day for 5 months now, and ive never felt better. If i had been undernourished for that length of time then it would be showing in my hair nails and skin by now, and they are absolutley glowing.

I do worry about how little i eat though, because ive never done it before, and it is a bit of a leap into the unknown. My biggest concern is what is going to happen when I need to just maintain my weight loss, and not lose anymore. Because of my particular set of circumstances, eating small amounts is far easier for me than eating large amounts. I dont think i could binge eat now if my life depended on it. A classic case of 'careful what you wish for' i think. Im desperate to hit goal weight of course, who isnt, but once i get there then it will be like driving blindfolded. I wont have a clue where im going lol

My 'high quality' raw cacao powder turned up today, and it really is much nicer than Tescos cocoa, more intense chocolate flavour. Half a kilo cost £15 with the postage, but it will last a long time.

Hi there Lynn,

where did you get you Cacao powder from? I do not have chocolate flavour CD because the taste is so awful, but I would certainly add something more 'real' to the vanilla if I had it.

Hi there Lynn,

where did you get you Cacao powder from? I do not have chocolate flavour CD because the taste is so awful, but I would certainly add something more 'real' to the vanilla if I had it.

I ordered it from Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury, they have a website, just google it :)

Heya Lynn, have read through what I've missed, and you're an inspiration as always. I'm so pleased for you, you're doing so well!
Would love to see a pik of you with the curls!

Keep up the good work.

I will get hubby to take a pic of me with my new hair! Im loving it, been many years since i had curls.

This morning was 12.3! so another lb bites the dust!

Nirvana spa today, although we didnt get there till after 2pm, I had a late night last night, daughter came over to stay the night and we all went to the pub for a few hours. I had a diet coke to start with but was post mix, absolutely disgusting and they didnt have cans, so had to have soda water instead.

Food today
B. cooked breakfast again, 2 chipolatas, poached egg, small slice hovis toasted - 265 cals
L. exante toffee and nut bar - 200 cals
D. piece of salmon, one third of hubbys cauliflower cheese. 380 cals

845 cals total

Yippppeeee.... brilliant to see your weight is moving again .. well done hun youre going to be under 12st very soon! Sorry late in catching up!

Looking forward to seeing the new hair too, a new hair style to go with your new figure... perfect!

Strange question... have your fingers shrunk? I think mine may have.. is that possible? LOL

Have a great week xx

Healthy i know my wrists have shrunk cause at the pool the locker key used to be on the 3rd hole on the wrist strap and now its on the 4th hole. Its just everything else that needs to shrink now.(Well, not everything, nudge nudge wink wink)

Well done on another lb Lynn. Looking forward to seeing curly photo :)

My fingers have definately shrunk width ways really need to get wedding ring etc. made smaller before i loose it :)

Slim, you made me chuckle lol

My weight was down again this morning! Now 12.1.5, i was so surprised i got on the scales twice to make sure it wasnt a mistake! So since my weight loss took a 2 week holiday, it is now back with a vengeance lol!

Yes, my fingers have shrunk, I can wear my wedding rings again. I have 2, one which is very wide and has deep diamond cuts in it, very fashionable in the 70's when we got married. It was never a comfortable ring to wear, as water tends to get inside it and makes my skin sore, so for our 10th wedding anniversary hubby bought me a narrower ring with cushion cut markings round it, very pretty. I havnt been able to wear either of them for years as my fingers got fat and i never wanted to get the rings made bigger as i always 'intended' to lose weight. So now both fit, in fact they are even a bit loose. Other rings i wore in place of my wedding ring now fit my middle finger. But the best thing is that my wrists are much smaller now too, i could never get a bracelet or watch to fit my big wrists, but now i have my pick of any to wear.

Just noticed your comment regarding the diamond eternity ring and thought awwwwww and then read the final comment and lol

I'm sure he will though, he must be so proud of you :)

Had to go to Basingstoke this afternoon to collect my latest prescription, the only chemist that ever has Byetta in stock is the Boots on the retail park in Basingstoke. I had to wait 20 minutes to collect it, so went daydreaming about clothes in Next which is a nice pasttime lol. Brantano is next door to Next so I had a stroll in there too and saw they have some fake Ugg type boots for £12. I get so cold now that ive lost so much weight, that i have to bundle up in layers of clothes. I have to wear thick tights under my jeans to keep my legs warm, but my feet suffer the most. So these fur lined cheap Uggs seemed like the perfect thing to wear around the house.

Then i went into Matalan to have a browse and they had a really pretty, thick furry type dressing gown in pale pink. I tried on one and it was so warm i had to have it. The best thing was though that the one that fitted me without swamping me was the size 12-14. Ive never bought anything before with that magic size 12 number on it.

When i got home, i emptied my purchases on the bed and sorted through my prescription stuff, as i had run out of blood testing strips and havnt tested for days. Disaster! There was NO byetta. I was furious as it meant a 25 mile round trip to go back and pick it up, so son has kindly agreed to go get it for me.

There was one other thing i bought today, that im really thrilled with. I went into New Look to have a look at the jeans as im looking out for my next pair. I just want a pair of high rise (high waist) straight leg jeans and cant find any anywhere. Everything is either low waisted and/or boot cut. Low waisted jeans do look ok on me as there is no lump of fat over the top of them now, i tried a few pairs on, but i just cant get used to that feeling of them around my hips. So as i was walking out of the store i spotted some sheepskin jackets that looked beautiful. I tried on a 16 which swamped me, then i tried a 14 which fitted much better but was tight in the sleeve. As i put it back on the rail i spotted this one beautiful tan leather 'bomber' style jacket that had a wide fur collar. There was only one on the rail and it was a 14, so i slipped it on and just looked absolutely gorgeous. I just had to have it, and i can wear it this weekend when we go away to Torquay.

Its hubby's and son Richard's birthday this weekend, so we have booked to go to Marco Pierre Whites Yew Tree inn on Sunday evening for when we get back from Torquay. The food there is fabulous, so im really looking forward to that. We last went there for our wedding anniversary in July.

Slim mentioned in one of his posts that he had a kitkat this weekend. I dont eat much sweet stuff, but i do love Kitkats so thought i might have one this week sometime as a treat. I was in Tesco getting some groceries and spotted a pack of 9 small kitkats that were on special offer, 2 packs of 9 for £2. Sounded like a bargain at the time but now im not so sure as i have 18 of them sitting in the cupboard. Maybe it wasnt such a good idea lol. Still, they are only 107 calories each, so an occasional one wont hurt much. I can afford the calories, just not sure when im gonna be able to eat any.

Food today
B. Exante shake - 200 cals
L. Ham salad sandwich with small hovis, and a nectarine - 250 cals
D. Chicken curry - 300 cals

Total today 750 cals.

Wow Lynn!!! Your weight loss mojo is well and truly back !! So close to the 11s now... cant wait for you to get there.

Loving your shopping stories, and youre a size 12 !!!!!!!! Even though you will say 14, if you can get in a size 12 claim it !!! That is really small, and seriously impressive.. how marvellous. So so happy for you, I feel giddy reading about your new clothes and how it must feel to be able to buy whatever you fancy and knowing youll be able to carry it off. The jacket sounds nice, flying jackets are all the range... maybe you need a new pair of brown boots to go with it.... your husband could buy it for you when he gets the eternity ring! LOL, compared to the ring he doesnt know about... what are a pair of boots!

Would love to go to Marco Pierre Whites... heard it a pretty special place.. Have always liked to try Michelin star restaurants for special ocassions. Hope you have a fab time, its a nice way to extend your break after Torquay. Hope the weather is good this weekend for you and you have a fab time.

xxx

Wow Lynn!!! Your weight loss mojo is well and truly back !! So close to the 11s now... cant wait for you to get there.

Ive always strongly suspected that when my blood sugars drop too low the weight stops coming off. When i was doing Exante 100%, it did an extremely good job of bringing my bloods down to less than 5. I initially lost 6lbs in the first few days of Exante, then the weight loss stopped, and it wasnt until i decided to halve my glucophage to allow the blood sugars to come back up a bit, that i started losing again, and now its back up to speed and my bloods are back up to 6.5. It could all be a coincidence, but i dont think so.

Ohhhh getting into the 11's!! I hardly dare think about it. It just feels totally surreal that i am close to that now. I feel as though im holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

Its funny you should mention brown leather boots :) :) :) Next have a pair of brown leather boots that im feeling a pretty desperate need for lol.

Ohhh i saw some lovely boots in there too... thats what made me mention them! I think we would be good shopping partners lol!

How wonderful to be so close to such an amazing weight, i think id fing it surreal too. Hope you get there by the weekend, what a high to go on holiday with.

Did you or do you ever feel light headed or a bit dizzy? I have been feeling like that for about 3 weeks, wonder if its my blood sugar... hmmmm. Thought it may be having such low cals and low carbs. Going to try and have more cals to see if that sorts it out.

Forgot to say thanks for the fingers response, didnt realise you could lose weight there too, suppose it stands to reason really. Bet there will be many lovely jewellery shops in Torquay, maybe time to get a new bracelet to go with the jacket, boots and ring.. ;)

Getting lightheaded and dizzy is the first sign for me that my blood sugar is bottoming out, I usually test when that happens and invariably im gonna be at a low blood sugar reading. It usually happens happens just before im due to eat anyway, and especially after ive been swimming, as the excecise will lower my bloods too, so i always take a piece of fruit with me when i go swimming now.

hey lynn, well done on getting the weight moving again, and well done on size 12, just hearing about your shopping trips is making me excited and i cant wait to start shopping and finding nice things to wear, atm i seem to always be in my pair of black trousers or pin stripe trousers, and a black or grey top, thats all i have lol i cant even wear jeans anymore as they all have holes in them, they dont last long not sure if anyone else has this problem but cause my legs rub together they keep rubbing holes in jeans after a while, so now i dont have any, and i cant afford to get new ones atm, so black trouser everyday mostly for me lol ooo i am rambling now and hijacking your diary sorry lol keep going you are getting ever so close! xxx

Now i'm confused about low carbs and sugars Lynn. I have been cutting out carbs this last week or so and weightloss hasn't been as good as i want. Maybe my sugars are too low.
I don't have any added sugar though just checking my food intake and i am having 119g of sugar to 215g carbs. Which thinking about it actually is too high. I should be on about a third as a diabetic if i remember correctly.

Back