M-Mouse's Droppings

Gorgeous - and all those lovely walks!

Vicky, a question - can I have too few carbs? Should I worry if I come up below 15 (I am aiming for between 15 & 20)?

erm you are supposed to have 20g but... if you look at mine on fitness pal (you can see my menus) it says only 5 for me today!!!! will up that with wine ;)

I kind of aim for 15 and then know I can have an atkins choccie bar and I don't count the carbs in my cheese - so it probably brings me in around 20.

Just put my food so far in and it 'charged' me for my eggs, which I have been counting as 0 :-( I am on 11 so far today as I have had 2 atkins cereals bars :-( and some cheeseburger pie :)

but what are you eating Mouse?

Mice eat cheese..............
Not eating a huge amount different really - apart from grilled sausage and bacon for breakfast when I am at home :-( not eating all the fat - eating good quality lean meat.

Yesterday, sausage egg and bacon, some fromage du chevre, cheeseburger pie with kale and brocolli.
Today, sausage egg and bacon, cheeseburger pie, chicken breast probably with kale or sprouts.

15 of your carbs are to come from veg/salad and the rest from mayo etc. dont count eggs hon for carbs!

I think I'm about right - although I am feeling stressed about my veg and whether I am counting it raw or cooked etc etc. May have to go back to the other side as I keep thinking I'm not doing it right and if I'm not, there's no point :-( eg yesterday I counted my kale as 1.4 c but after doing my menu on fitness pal today I have realised that 1.4 is for 28g and I had 100g (half a packet), so I should have counted just under 4 times as much! When only aiming for 15 - 20, undercounting about 4 g of carbs is quite a lot! I have had plenty of cheese and bacon to keep me going for a bit, and it's no point feeling stressed about it and keeping on reaching for the calculator :) maybe I can have another go when my book arrives and I have read it. xx

Carbs counting sounds complicated, Manda. Glad you're enjoying the cheese - I couldn't do without mine now:eek:.

re the carbs on fitness pal go by what the packet says hon - who knows that might be american (probably is) and the havent subtracted fibre whereas the packets are right in the uk. I would go half a packet if 1.4g. Dont get too stressed on the counting honey x

ive just spend a fortune on low carb megastore ...

ive just spend a fortune on low carb megastore ...

I've been eyeing up their gingerbread syrup because I am quite partial to a gingerbread latte - would have to have with cream! They also seem to sell a whole load of stuff that I have never seen elsewhere. Ooh I am ready for my dinner now - why was I home so late tonight:cry:

I have the gingerbread syrup but it isn't as nice as the Ameretto imho. Been waiting for ages and ages for their french vanilla to come back in stock!

I just love the gingerbread in starbucks - I don't normally drink milk but I will have a skinny latte in there at Xmas when they have the syrup!

I have a dolce gusto coffee maker and my one treat a day is a skinny latte with a flavouring usually first thing in the morning. The rest of the time I drink black coffee (or decaf after lunch) and ginger hot water.

May have to check out this online carb megastore...??

I'm glad you're enjoying your cheese. Vicky made me a Dukan friendly cheeseburger pie recipe (but it's easier here because we can get 5% only fat burgers and 3% grated "cheese"! intentional inverted commas cos it's not that great!).

Having WW'ed and calorie counted in the past, never Atkinsed though but never say never, I know I'm glad not to be counting anything at the moment.

Seeing what you guys can eat and not come out of ketosis though is good...

Are these low carb syrups sugar free? I s'pose they must be else they'd not be Atkins friendly. I invested in quite a few strange food flavouring for Dukan dessert cookery last year but found them all errr "strange" and chemical tasting!

Yes the syrups are sugar free/ carb free and so on. I love them as they are a real treat without deferring from the diet at all.

Can highly recommend the low carb megastore they have all sorts of carb free and low carb foods.

Hi Mouse :) i know you are at work cos you text me on the train ;) but hello for later. hope you get to eat earlier tonight!

lowcarbmegastore and avidlite are both good. so if one doesnt have stock the other usually does.

Back