M&S Edamame Soya Bean Salad

GlamUp

Could someone kindly check the syn value for the M&S Edamame Soya Bean Salad (150g)? It comes with a chilli and coriander dressing. Had this yesterday for lunch, as I didn't have time to create a packed lunch salad, it was lovely, but I'm now worried that it is a lot more than the 3 syns I estimated for the dressing - as I think everything else is 'free'.:confused:

Thanks PatchworkPuss, I'll get the details and post them.

Managed to get the nutritional information:

Edamame Soya Bean Salad with a chilli and coriander dressing (150g)

Ingredients: Broad Beans, Edamame Soya Beans, Sugar Snap Peas, Green Beans, Chilli & Coriander dressing (13%), Rocket, Coriander.
Nutrition: Typical Values per 100g: Energy 85kcal; Protein 4.8g; Carbohydrate 6.9g of which sugars 4.8g; Fat 4g of which saturates 1.1g; Fibre 4.2g and Sodium 0.08g

2 syns per 150g pack on Green/EE

Fantastic, thanks ermintrude :D.
Are you able to explain how you calculated it... :confused:

Fantastic, thanks ermintrude :D.
Are you able to explain how you calculated it... :confused:

You need access to the syn calculator to calculate it as it has a free food allowance. If youre a member then you can use the calculator, just choose the top ingredient as the Free Food allowance (broad beans) then enter the rest of the values (total carb, total fat, protein, calories, portion size) and it'll do it for you.

If youre not a member you cant calculate it without the calculator as it has free food as the top ingredient.
(You can calculate things *without* without a free food allowance though, as just 1 syn per 20 calories)

Thanks ermintrude.

lisajade said:
Thanks for this post, I often almost buy this for lunch, now I know I can :)

Yes, so glad I bought it - especially as they are on offer (2 for £3). I had one today too, with some turkey breast chunks :)

Back