Macaroni cheese.

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
As anyone had the macaroni cheese yet? I'm struggling to make it edible. The first time I didn't use quite enough water (100mls) and it was solid and the pasta was crunchy. Today I used 120mls and it was like soup but pasta still crunchy :( I'm doing something wrong somewhere, and wasting packs in the meantime. My next pack I'll try 110mls and let it sit for a while before I microwave it.

Has anyone found a way to get it to be edible? I like the taste of it but not the carry on.

I let it soak in just about 11Omls before I microwave it. Otherwise, the macaroni bits come out too hard for my liking.

Maka said:
I let it soak in just about 11Omls before I microwave it. Otherwise, the macaroni bits come out too hard for my liking.

Thank you! I didnt fancy wasting anymore packs with trial and error.

I messed up my one and only pack by microwaving it too fiercely I think and it bubbled up and stuck to the bowl. If I had it again I'd do it on a much lower setting and then check it every 30 seconds or so and keep putting it back in until it got to the consistency I wanted.

Surfhunny said:
As anyone had the macaroni cheese yet? I'm struggling to make it edible. The first time I didn't use quite enough water (100mls) and it was solid and the pasta was crunchy. Today I used 120mls and it was like soup but pasta still crunchy :( I'm doing something wrong somewhere, and wasting packs in the meantime. My next pack I'll try 110mls and let it sit for a while before I microwave it.

Has anyone found a way to get it to be edible? I like the taste of it but not the carry on.

I love it. I add a bit of extra water, and a tsp of bouillon and some chilli Seasoning. Follow the directions and then keep checking it and stirring it, I enjoy it on its own or over veg :)

I also leave my Macaroni Cheese soaking (for at least 30 minutes) before microwaving. It was a real revelation just how big the bits of pasta got the first time I did this - and it definitely tastes better without the little crunchy bits. I was a bit concered about the vitamins breaking down, but I take a multi-vit anyway and am willing to take the risk.

Jaxxs said:
I also leave my Macaroni Cheese soaking (for at least 30 minutes) before microwaving. It was a real revelation just how big the bits of pasta got the first time I did this - and it definitely tastes better without the little crunchy bits. I was a bit concered about the vitamins breaking down, but I take a multi-vit anyway and am willing to take the risk.

Thanks Jaxxs I'd never have thought to leave it that long but I'll give it a try. Mmmm I've missed pasta lol.

Had macaroni for the first time last night, came out perfect - but I cooked it on the hob as we don't have a microwave- maybe its something to do with microwave cooking?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MiniMins

Dirteewrongen said:
Had macaroni for the first time last night, came out perfect - but I cooked it on the hob as we don't have a microwave- maybe its something to do with microwave cooking?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MiniMins

I always do mine in the micro and it's fine :)

Back