macaroni with quark help please

den9112

Hi , new to the forum and new to cooking and discovering food .I am currently using slimming worlds diet plans ,red,green days .I did a google search on how to make macaroni cheese with quark and got a hit on this site so i decided to join in the hope that someone could tell me how to do it . Any help would be apreciated , i am male so discovering and cooking my own food is new , ps i have seen a recipe for macaroni cheese in a slimming world book but i would like to know if i can use quark . Thanks

Hi Den

Welcome to the SW forum... lovely to have you here!!

Sorry I don't know about the one you want... either someone will come along and tell you... but in the meantime why not have a look at the recipe section ... there is lots of info there for puddings....red and green dishes ... syn value etc.
Go have a browse and enjoy... look forward to seeing some of your posts... everyone here is so lovely and supportive so just ask away if you have a thought of question.

Are you going alone or going to a club?

Happy weight loss :)

Oh sorry don't know that recipe, don't worry someone will know. And welcome to this forum, you will find lots of helpful info here to help you and a bunch of great people for support.

I would but ive never tried this before

take my 6 HExA laughing cow cheese triangles and mix together with quark and some salt and pepper mix up with the macaroni already cooked and stick it in a dish then if i wanted to use syns or had a HExA left id put a bit of low fat grated cheese on the top and bung under the grill for a while

might work.. could try sticking a bit of broccolli in also i love Mac Cheese with broccoli

im guessing mind you so dont hold me to it, but the adding the LC to quark worked for my spinach lasagne the other day

oooohhhhh, Spinach Lasagne? Scrummy! Have you posted the recipe, cos I haven't noticed it? [hint hint!]

Not with quark but this mac cheese is lovely!!!!

12oz Macaroni
6 LARGE spring onions
Mushrooms
Garlic
10oz cherry tomatoes
Frylight
3oz Cheese (use an oz of cheese per person)
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard (i add 2/3 cause i love it)
500g Natural yogurt (low fat)

Preheat oven too 200

Cook the macaroni- drain and set aside

Chop the spring onions- half the cherry tomatoes - slice the mushrooms

Heat a frying pan sprayed with frylight-

Add the spring onions- tomatoes- mushrooms with the garlic

Cook for 2/3 mins Then add 100ml of cold water

Cook until absorbed

Add the macaroni & the stuff in the frying pan into a dish (stirred in)

Grate the cheese and lightly beat the eggs- mix together the cheese- eggs- yogurt- and mustard

Pour into the dish

Bake for about 10-20 mins or until the set and cheese topping is lightly golden (keep an eye on it-)

Back