Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

Bet the new carpet looks fab LFM? Hope your day has gone well and you've clung on tightly to that track because the clock is still ticking :eek:

yes maisie, I thought it was an illness from yesteryear, but seems not..many kids and a handful of adults have it!!!! :eek: I know the symptoms to look out for, so everyone okay dokey in the Rose household :)

onwards and downwards ladies :) :) :)

LFM - I wish I hadn't done those calculations, how depressing! :eek::cry:My waist to hip ratio is in the "at risk" category and my body fat % is in the "obese" category!

Maisie think about it thou, those sizes have to of been a different size 30 days back.
They couldn't not be with what you have been doing:eek:.

Dont let it side track you, i know its nasty when we get that black cloud creaping through the ear, to totaly absorbe every inch of positiveness that it can find. However we are the fat busters and "aint no stopping us now, we got the moves" lalalalalalal:D

Monday soon mate, 2 more days of jumping around like a looney:D

Catch up tomorrow.
XX

Good morning all :D

Day 28 just done :D I really pushed myself this morning, did some of the 'harder' moves and the sweat was literally dripping off me (sorry, poss. TMI ;)). I'm feeling great now..... knackered but great!

The sun is shining here, it's looking like a lovely day :cool:

Hope the sun is shining on all my fellow fat busters, here's to another good day everyone :)

Hello

well done on that extra effort today, breaking sweat?, that's bound to be a weight loss :)

Nice day here too, but cold. Off out for a nice family day, just back from son's lesson...it's all go today :D

Hoping to shed a few more ounces today!

have a great day, enjoy that good feeling that staying focused brings! :)

HI Maisie
Welldone on that pushing, ive got to see this DVD i bet it would kill me.

All your efforts will pay off.
Hope the wkend s a good one.:)

Good morning all :)

Day 29 of the torture just completed ;) much sweating and grunting! I'm going to look at Jillian's other DVDs today on Amazon........ think I could do with finding another one to keep my exercising interesting. Getting bored of it is my biggest problem and I'm determined not to quit now when I've come so far.

Less than 24 hours to go until weigh and measure day :eek: here's hoping both scales and tape measure are kind to me!

LFM - go for it! If I can do it I honestly believe anyone can. I was horrifically unfit before I started I swear :eek:

Good for you Maisie :)

One day, I will take a leaf out of your book and get moving with an exercise dvd...a bit further down the line for me, but I will reach your point of dedication one of these days :D

Yep, 24 hours and counting.....you will be grinning tomorrow, I just know it! :)

Hi Rose :)

Davina's Power of 3 is supposed to be very good (haven't used it myself) and not as hard core as Jillian. Er..... gosh, I don't mean to sound patronising there, hope you didn't think I was? :eek: I just meant, something more gentle might be better to start with if you're fancying a DVD for at home. Hope that came out in the way I intended it :)

Good thing about DVDs at home is no-one can see you sweating and grunting and it doesn't matter if you think you look silly or whatever because you're in the privacy of your own home :D

Well, I took the plunge and I've just ordered "No More Trouble Zones" from Amazon :D (ridiculously excited about this, what's that all about?!) It definitely sounds like quite a big step up from 30 Day Shred which is pretty terrifying :eek: it's 50 minutes long for a start. Few choice comments from the reviews on Amazon:

This workout really makes you feel the burn - it's intense and you can really feel it working. There isn't a muscle group left untouched

I sweat alot during this DVD and it's not easy and I would say not suitable for beginners

Ok, you have to know that after the first time you do this, you will absolutely feel it the next day. Possibly just in the one spot you've been neglecting to work out, possibly everywhere. You'll want to do it again just to get the lactic acid gone for long enough so you can move without a penguin-like gait. But that's the BEST part of a kick-butt workout!

If I suddenly disappear for a while please send the paramedics, thanks ;)

Hi Maisie
That DVD sound terrifying lol and the shredd too.

and what the hell is Lactic acid:confused::eek:

I have a very unused skipping rope in the cupboard that can come out and i want to start running with the pod casts ASAP, once mymate downloads them for me.

You must be so proud of yoursel doing the 30 days! what a wonderful achievement, i can understand the bored problem im like it with any indoor exercise. Thats why you deserve a good pat on the back for the commitment.

And at rediculouse times in the morning!. ive logged on when ive just come in and your doing exercise wtXX???????:eek:

Your a mad women:D

Dont put to much wieght on the measuring, i've ridden milage this last 2 to 3 weeks and my thighs are bigger:(:(.
Im now finding its harder to lose the fat but building the muscle the same as i can see and feel the muscle in there. So now it just looks awfull.

But as always we are healthier.

Good luck for tomorrow its not long now:eek:

I'm off out for the last chance cycleathon.
Hoep to do 10 miles. liekyou please send paramedics if no sign of life within the next 8 hours:D
XX

Hi maisie

of course you didn't sound patronising, not at all :) I would need "the beginners guide to beginning exercise dvd's at your peril" volumes 1-12 :eek: I am so impressed with your willingness to buy another dvd, you go girl..then one day when I give it a go, I'll contact you for advice! THEN you will be the one sending the paramedics to me :D

Extra dose of good luck from me to you for tomorrow :) :) :) :)

Rx

Thanks for the link Maisie i belive im an Endomorph..... well ive been called some things in my time! lol:D:D

D Day tomorrow. The Shred is Dead:D

Best of luck for the morning:)

Good morning all :)

1lb off for me today. Ever so slightly disappointed :eek: but all in the right direction and all that I suppose.

Off to do Day 30 of the Shred now and will take my final measurements then. Hope they're good! Will update later :)

Morning Maisie

Welldone on the 1lb its a nice reward and im sure you will get an extra bonus with the tape measure:). IM excited for you! lol:D

Aww, thanks all :)

Right, I have done the final measurements and I am pleased to announce that after 30 days of sweating, panting, swearing and grunting (a.k.a The 30 Day Shred ;)) I have lost, in total .......

<drum roll please>........

3" from my chest
3" from my waist
4" from my hips :eek:
2" from my left thigh
2" from my right thigh

So a grand total of 14" all over. Possibly could be more as I didn't measure my arms, bust or knees at the start. Wow. That's pretty good actually :eek::D

Jillian Michaels - you rock!

Maisie thats amazing!!!:eek::eek:, well done!! im so pleased for you.
You must otice a difference in your clothes too.
Does it make you want to continue shredding. My nan aways said "if it aint broke dont fix it" ;)lol

Heres the big question, whats your treat reward?:)

Thanks Sugar :D I honestly can't recommend this DVD enough. Think I should be on commission actually ;)

LFM - oh yes, am definitely going to carry on with it :D Just probably not every day...... going to try and mix up my exercise routine a little bit now. Will probably still Shred 3 days a week, then I've got spinning and swimming too plus my new DVD which has been dispatched :)D) which I'll aim to do 2/3 days a week too.

Reward? Er....... I'm planning on getting a sports bra this week, does that count? Lol! I like to live dangerously me ;)

I can absolutely feel the difference in my clothes :) The jeans I'm wearing today were painfully tight a month ago..... now I can take them on and off without undoing them!

Back