madchickvic's road to fitness by age 30!

madchickvic

photo.php

So this is me! Day one and feeling positive. I purchased a tornado cup which arrived just in time and used it this morning to make a Banana shake. So it wasn't the worst thing I have ever tasted - I dont like porridge anyway so cant imagine CD porridge would make me happy!!

I have drank almost a 1.5ltr bottle of water and might as well be sitting typing this on the loo as I am constantly back and forwards. Its lunch time for me shortly and as I said the Banana was not so bad but now I am feeling hunger pangs! Have done all the washing from my holiday and house is spotless what to do now!! I need to go out to stock up on bottled water but I am scared of stepping foot in the supermarket in case I see something tasty and need it!!!! I keep trying desperately to think about anything but food but its every where - read a book people eat, watch tv adverts and programs always people eating! Arrrrggghhh what to do! I think i'm going to go with a chocolate mint shake for lunch - maybe something a bit dare I say sweeter will take my mind off food again for a little while.

Seriously though - all of this is going through my head now but I think it is just fear! Fear of failing, fear of the unknown fear of feeling hungry! I hope that if I keep telling myself that I will not fail! If all else fails I am going to lock myself in my room with water, a potty and my shakes until it passes!

Heres hoping..............................................

Welcome!

My favourite shakes are cappuccino (with extra coffee added) and chocolate. I mix them in a blender and serve them with loads of ice in - Mmmmmmmm.

The porridge is rank so you're not missing anything there, lol!

This diet is hard but the results are worth it.

Hang on in there and come on here when you feel hungry and weak-willed, you will find lots of support.
WEEK 1: -9lbs :D
WEEK 2: -2lbs :)

WEEK 3: -2lbs :)
WEEK 4: -3lbs :)
WEEK 5: -2lbs :)
WEEK 6: STS (ok with that because had 3 days off plan)

Inches: -12
(needs updating) :D

1[SUP]st[/SUP] mini goal: lose a stone in a month – done! :D
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] mini goal: get into the 9’s asap – done! :D

Thanks for that - I have been reading this forum for weeks in preperation and everyone is so inspiring. I really think I can do it BUT I know I am going to feel rubbish before I feel great and I dont do well feeling crappy! I'm not sure if being off work this week is going to be a good or bad thing. I just didnt want to start at work - I would fail straight away as soon as I felt low on energy but then being at home can be dangerous too I guess - going to have a shower and then a shake and might go brave the supermarket for water after that - planning on going to Aldi cuz I dont like any of the food in there anyway!

So tucked up in bed after day one! It's not been so bad, banana shake was OK, mint choc chip was lovely with ice but was not impressed with spicy tomato soup! I have quite a mix of the soups so wondering which one to try tomorrow! Managed 3 litres of water but really don't think I can manage any more or I won't sleep for peeing! Hope tomorrow goes as Well bring on the Ketosis!

Well done on getting through day 1.

Hope you get a good night's sleep x

My favourite soup is the oriental chilli. I like to add black pepper and fresh coriander to it x

hi madchickvic....

would u mind if i was to kind of keep a diary on this thread too and we can maybe discuss how the diet is going?

i have been on cambridge for about 3 months, but have recently gained a lot of what i had lost...

i want to start over again tomorrow and could really do with some motivation and just somewhere where i can post my progress!

Hey sweet that's no problem we can be weight loss buddies. To be honest I am worried about my motivation so would be great to have a bit of someone else's experience here to keep me strong xxx post away xx

Hey thanks!

I have attempted at creating a ticker...and will update my weight loss...and gain over past 3 months soon....

Im attempting sticking to SS tomorrow onwards...

How has today gone for you?

Hey sweet,

You may want to have another go with your ticker - its only showing a portion of it - make sure you copy all the "code" and preview your post before you post it!

Day 2 been erm stressful! But I have still stuck with the plan - not really a lover of the Cappucino shake warm! think it might be better cold with Ice for me.
Had some hasstle with the doctor as he is refusing to sign my form - I started with some shakes donated to me by a friend! Naughty I know but I just wanted to get started and had to wait to see the doctor - CDC is not very happy with me but was still helpful in giving me lots of info to throw back at the doctor so I have dropped that in just waiting til tomorrow now to see if it made any difference - ignorant old git!

So all of that stressed me out a little bit and I had a headache but I'm not sure if it was the diet, lack of water ( which I have struggled with today but more than made up for this evening) or just being upset by him but the evening was a lot better!

Good Luck for tomorrow Sweetescape - you can do it!!!! and I am around all day if you need a distraction!!! xxxxx

Why is the Doctor refusing to sign your form?

Surely he/she should be supporting you in your weight loss journey.

You don't need the hassle.

x I hope you get sorted x

Hi Casablanca,

The only reason he gave was that he would not take responsibility for my health and that he doesnt agree with "fad" diets! I was so furious I explained to him I do not understand how he can potray this as a fad diet since it was founded 30 years ago at Cambridge University no less and that I wasnt asking for his permission to do the diet I am a grown woman and I am responsible for my own decisions I simply need him to confirm that my medical information on the form is accurate. No joy! Managed to get a booklet from my CDC just for doctors so just waiting to go back round at 2pm for round 2 - if he hasn't signed it I shall be asking for a 2nd opinion and if no joy there I will be changing doctors!

Naughty really I have already started on day 3 today and feel fine - the only time I have felt bad was when he turned me down yesterday and stressed me out - then I had a headache. Stupid Ignorant Old Git!

Good for you getting a 2nd opinion - Drs are NOT God when all is said and done!

There are several Drs in the surgery I go to and I can guarantee that each and every one of them will give a different view on the same thing!

You will definitely find a supportive Dr because you are determined. Surely losing weight is beneficial to your health!

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Hey guys,

So I went round to the doctors and was advised to make an appointment for next Thursday - apparently the doctor has taken the booklet on advise for doctors away to give it a good read - I am hoping that when I go back he will have educated himself and be able to sign the flipping form! Spoke to CDC she has said she will see me Thursday evening once its signed to stock up on my shakes so fingers crossed all will be resolved. I have enough to carry on until then so I am just going to plod along with it! Shall keep updating on progress in the meantime and put the doctor to the back of my mind for now!

Hows everyone doing today??

Wow day 4! And I had the worst night sleep just tossed and turned all night! And this morning I am freeeeeeezing cold and I am never cold... can mean only one thing KETOSIS YAY! OFF to look after my besties little boy for the day might take him to the farm! Woo hoo ketosis baby!

Wow day 4! And I had the worst night sleep just tossed and turned all night! And this morning I am freeeeeeezing cold and I am never cold... can mean only one thing KETOSIS YAY! OFF to look after my besties little boy for the day might take him to the farm! Woo hoo ketosis baby!

Aw, I'm pleased for you - ketosis!

I'm cold all the time on this diet. People at work think there's something wrong with me, lol!

x

Been a bit naughty today went and got some scales! Weighed myself and have lost 9lbs! Not going to update anything until official weigh in but that's not until Thursday due to one thing or another

I lost 9lbs in the first week so you could be on for a bigger loss BUT I don't believe in sneaky weigh-ins, they are not accurate, lol!

x

I lost 9lbs in the first week so you could be on for a bigger loss BUT I don't believe in sneaky weigh-ins, they are not accurate, lol!

x

Hi Casablanca,

Yeah I know but I think its just because I wasnt really feeling any different so was thinking is it working - well clearly it is - I dont think it will be that big of a loss as I am fairly sure my CDC's scales are naff (yeah thats what they all say) but hers are quite compact and I have a feeling they had my weight a little higher than it is but I am going to take mine to her on weigh in day and see how much they are out by lol if at all! If not then that is just a BONUS!!!!

It has to work! We are eating soooooooooo little and if SSing, not eating at all, lol!

It's hard not to weigh yourself at first, I know :)

You'll be fine. Can't wait to find out your CDC's reaction when you take your own scales, lol!

x

To be honest she seems pretty cool I will just put is as " in the interest of science"! I dont think I will weigh myself all the time just that she works shifts so some weigh ins I think will not be weekly and my first one really should be ( I may even change CDC at some point if it becomes an issue) but maybe if our scales are the same I can still do a weekly weigh just to keep track lol

Back