Made a fatal mistake!!

Vicki-26

Hi

I have made a fatal mistake today.........I weighed myself on the machine at boots chemist and it showed a 1lb gain :(

I have tried not to let this get me down and said to myself it's because I weighed in the afternoon and I usually get weighed at 9.30am!!! I have been up and down losing the same pounds I gained the week before and not really getting anywhere and making progress so truly gutted it has shown a 1lb gain :(

Got till Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!

My gosh, the number of times I've weighed myself mid week and it's shown a gain which has gone by WI - I've lost count. Also, I weigh at home and I know that in the afternoon (even before my tea) I am usually at least a couple of lbs heavier than the morning. So, ignore it, move on. If you have been eating sensible all week, then it will pay off - hopefully this week but if not this week then next week.

Big hugs to you.

Gail x

I weigh myself daily, which I know I shouldn't but can't help it! But don't give up just focus on your WI.

V x

Scales differ from one to the other (I know they shouldn't) so just trust your wi scales. I'm always 2lb heavier on my home scales than on my consultant's scales

I hold my hand up to being a serial weigher! I weigh myself at least once a day at home but only really ever pay any serious attention to the scales at class.

My scales at home weigh the same as the ones at class, with the exception of any half pounds, as my scales only register to the nearest pound. And, from experience, I know that unless I don't eat or drink anything all day, I am always 2lb heavier in the evening than I am in the mornings.

That'll be a 1lb gain coming up this evening at weigh in then! Well, I have had 2 bad weekends on the trot and, in all honesty, a 1lb gain is probably a bit of a let off for me as it could have been far worse! If I know why I've put on then I don't mind, it's when I've been uber good and either STS or put on 0.5lb that I get cranky!

Body weight naturally fluctuates all the time by up to several pounds for all sorts of reasons. So if you have an unexpected gain don't put yourself down. I've had many unexpected gains and also losses but I usually have a bigger loss or gain than normal the following week so it evens out.

Best advice i saw was on here where someone said scales are like clocks. No two clocks tell the exact same time down to the minute and its the same with scales. They are all a few pounds different. So stick to the same scales.

I weight myself everyday cause I'm an addict! But iv learnt if my scales say I'm heavier than the ones at wi I just take a foot off and it tells me I weight less, so all is good!! :)

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only person to weigh myself daily (sometimes twice a day) :)

Hi

I have made a fatal mistake today.........I weighed myself on the machine at boots chemist and it showed a 1lb gain :(

I have tried not to let this get me down and said to myself it's because I weighed in the afternoon and I usually get weighed at 9.30am!!! I have been up and down losing the same pounds I gained the week before and not really getting anywhere and making progress so truly gutted it has shown a 1lb gain :(

Got till Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why you shouldn't weigh yourself between WI's!

The scales will be different so there's no point whatsoever.

PS in the general scale of things that's hardly "fatal" lol

Last edited:
laura4988 said:
I weight myself everyday cause I'm an addict! But iv learnt if my scales say I'm heavier than the ones at wi I just take a foot off and it tells me I weight less, so all is good!! :)

LOL!

I'm trying to only weight myself once a week to try and keep motivated but it's been three days now and I might be imagining it but think my clothes feel looser

Back