Made the move from SW !!!

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Ok been to my first meeting and got the basic kit. My points work out to the minimum which is 16. A couple of questions need answering please.
1.What do you do when you are still tummy rumbling hungry and have no points left? With SW I have been used to diving into the fruit bowl, or going back for seconds from the main meal if I am still hungry.
2. How do you work out the points if you have two strawberries and 5 blueberries and a couple of raspberries to add to your pointed meringue say (my favourite dessert)
thank you.

Welcome to the dark side ;)

How are you doing with WW I know you struggled with SW.
I'm beginning to think I may have been eating too much "free" fruit !! there doesn't seem to be so many members on this forum. :( xx

Hey i changed over from sw recently too. Not sure if you will remember my name from the sw forum but i remember yours. Welcome and good luck :)

Hi brightonrosie welcome to WW! i'm still quite new and need to get my head in the game!

I would suggest making batches of free veggie soup, sometimes ill have a big bowl 30 mins before my meal to make me less hungry although I get a whopping 28 points a day.

I tend to have a very low point breakfast as I find i tend to eat more in a evening than in the afternoon or morning! i tend to find good low point snacks are

1ryvita (any) with 1 laughing cow light and tomato only 1 pt i usually have 2 of them and an apple only 2.5 pts! and its really filling! its one of my fave lunches too!!

i also now eat very slowly! makes me realise i dont really need all that food :D

Gl hun

xx

hello, i made the move from sw to ww watchers a few weeks ago, it can take a while to get used to weighing, but, it does make you realise just how much 'free food' you eat on sw. Good luck with your plan.P.s it is nice having the extra bit of freedom choice, also work in your activity points.

Hi I never have 0 pointed things except veg with my meals ,am I odd?
I think its going to take a while for you to get used to a different plan and portion control,but I love WW so I hope you will too :)
Good luck hun and you havent much to go so well done on your loss and changing plan to get to the winning post xx

Well done on your losses so far, you havent got much left to lose now.

I used to go to sw and used to overeat on all the 'free' food inc fruit and it can take a while to get used to the reduced portion sizes and weighing that goes with ww, but it is worth it in the end.

I dont get hungry and can be mean with my points, by seeing how much I can have for little points. I save points at mealtimes by having lots of veggies, this then gives me points for my late night snacks. Maybe have lower point meals so you can have snacks in between or as has been said 0 point soup/salad or just low point snacks in general.

With the fruit thing I would just point it at 0.5 points

Good luck

starlight - would it be rude of me to ask what recipes you have for the rhubarb?, i have some which i need to use up but dont know what to do with it other than crumble of which i dont have a low fat recipe. i did ask the other night on recipe board but got no reply. any help would be grateful.

sorry to interupt you're thread brightonrosie, however good luck on your journey

x

Hey Brightenrosie,

Just popped over to leave a comment for a friend and saw your post. I hope you see a result with the change over, I know you have been doing everything possible to try and shift those last few pounds, and a change in plan will probably be just what you need.

When I did weightwatchers (and I have done it quite a few times in the past, my friends even referred to me as the human points calculator lol) I would keep myself filled up, by having lots of free veggies with my meals, really bulk out dishes so you don't feel deprived. 0 point soup is great to make too, but you may not feel like that very often in the heat, but salad is great this time of year, heaps of salad items are free, and you can just add a nice low point dressing to it or a few croutons etc.

I am sure you will do fine. Good luck!!

Back