Magazine

shannonbitzy

hi all
does anyone know if the new slimming world magazine(july) is out yet,it seems ages since the last one and I need some new recipes :eek:)

I got mine at class last week.
Not as many recipes for me as a vegetarian as normal but love reading the success stories.
Irene

Yup, got it in class this week, so it should be in the shops in another few days if you don't go to class. There's a nice feature on Carribean cooking, and lots of tasty things (including paella) in the 7 day menu plan.

I made the Potato and Bacon Rostis last night, they were lovely! I overcooked the potato a bit (and I cooked them for probably less than half the time they suggested, possibly my chunks were a bit smaller than they should have been...) so it crumbled a bit when I tried to grate it, but I just chopped up the bits I couldn't grate and mixed it all up together. I had a bit of a frying-pan-too-small moment and ended up splitting the mixture between two pans, which resulted in about half of the rostis collapsing beyond repair, so I kept the non-collapsed ones for another meal and mixed some orange pepper, a couple of tomatoes and some cooked chicken in with it and had a sort of "hash" thingy in a bowl, yummy!

I have just gone through some back issues of he magazines and have got 2 weeks worth of recipes.
Tonight it is vegetarian sausage casserole with Sweet Potato - delicious.
Irene

Hiya,

I got mine at my class last week too. As above Im veggie & there isnt an awful lot of recipes but there is a nice quorn deluxe lasagne that looks good!

Are the mags cheaper at meetings - I didn't go this week as I was away. I don't want to wait for next week.

I got my magazine last week in class. I get paid this week and then I am going to go grocery shopping. I can't wait to try some of the caribbean recipes in there. They look so good!!!

When I did SW before I brought from somewhere a load of back dated magazines. Does anyone know if or where I may be able to get some from? Thanks:)

A leader we had sold some cheap when they were well out of date , she was leaving, but apparently they aren't allowed to do this now. They are quite dear on ebay if you add the postage. Perhaps you could pick them up in a charity shop or boot sale if you're lucky. Or advertise on freecycle. You never know!

Well I didn't go to group this week. I have just driven 2 miles to the nearest magazine shop in my 1/2 hr lunch and they didn't have it... so not the happiest bunny at the moment. :mad:

Well I didn't go to group this week. I have just driven 2 miles to the nearest magazine shop in my 1/2 hr lunch and they didn't have it... so not the happiest bunny at the moment. :mad:
Oh no bless you:wave_cry:

You can get back dated copies of the SW magazine on Ebay.....but you have to take care that you don't over bid on them.

Back