magic porridge, what is it

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by dylew1, 8 January 2010.

1. dylew1

dylew1 Well-Known Member

2. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Magic porridge is delicious - it's 28g of Porridge Oats mixed with a Mullerlite Yoghurt and them put in the fridge overnight, the 'magic' part is that the oats swell with the yoghurt and become very creamy, it's a lovely way to start the day or even to use as a dessert, it counts as 1 HEXB - Enjoy!!!
  3. Twizzle

Twizzle Well-Known Member

Think I need to try this!
  4. amjax

amjax Well-Known Member

i presume you can use any free yoghurt? Also daft question do you heat it up?
  5. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Well-Known Member

oh wow that sounds lovely! may have to try this out, never heard of it before and now i'm very curious :p xxx
  6. Lexie_dog

You can even grate an apple into it too. and its lovely.
  7. emma-louise

emma-louise Well-Known Member

its absolutely delish! if you're going to use a different brand of yoghurt, just make sure its quite a runny one cos i tried it with a shape zero and the magic bit didnt seem to work lol :( random i know xx
  8. Twizzle

will it work with onken FF vanilla do you think??? I'll let you know tomorrow LOL!
  9. *honey

*honey Well-Known Member

not sure i'll like this but will give it a try!
  10. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

I think it's a marmite thing -you either love it or hate it, and I'm in the hate category.
  11. Twizzle

Well I love Marmite! am undecided about magic porridge, will try it next time with Muller light, was a bit thick with Onken.
  12. smspencer

smspencer Member

Do you heat it up?
  13. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Well-Known Member

No, you dont :)
  14. smspencer

smspencer Member

Thank you. Just about to put mine in the fridge for the morning - can't wait to try it :)