Magicmama's Journal - clumpy to curvy

magicmama

Hello everyone, brand new to this site, just stumbled across it via google when I realised SW didn't have it's own forum, so I did a search for some support and found this place!

I'm 28, married and have two little boys. I am a sahm, but I am also studying to become a barrister part time. I also bake cupcakes for buffets for my husband's training business, so am generally quite busy!

I've been dieting on and off for years, after putting 3 stone on within the first few months of starting contraception, then giving up and eating what the hell I wanted no matter the consequences. I always used to be able to eat anything without putting weight on, and I assumed that would continue. I've gone from a size 10 to a size 22 and I feel utterly miserable. I need to feel confidence and sexy again, and I am desperate for some energy so I can play with my little boys. plus my husband and I really want to try for another baby.

So I have 94lbs to lose, hopefully by June 2013 so I will nice and slim when I go to get Called to the Bar and can treat myself to a slinky evening dress!

Have started SW and have so far lost 3lbs and gained 1 in 5 weeks, so am feeling a bit downheartened. Am hoping spending time on here will motivate me some more!

Goals:
Get into 15s
1/2st
1/2st
2st
2 1/2st
3st
3 1/2st
4st
4 1/2st
5st
5 1/2st
6st
Target weight (9 1/2st)

if you have only lost 3 pounds in 5 weeks you might be doing something not quite right. I struggle to knock the weight off thanks to the pill but in 6 weeks i've still lost 7.5 pounds. Maybe you could post your food diary, there could be a reason you are not losing as you should? Some of us may be able to help point you in the right direction. Don't get downheartened though, you have still lost 3 lb's which is better than nothing, i struggled last time I did SW barely losing a pound a week. I'm sure you will get there in the end :)

Thanks Ally. The first week I stuck to the plan, but only lost 1 lb and got a bit disheartened, and haven't stuck to it since then, mainly due to external issues, like moving house = takeaways! Have done my shop and planned meals for this week though, so am starting again today and sticking to it from now on. I know my weigh in tomorrow night won't be great, but next Wed will hopefully be much better!

Bit nervous today. My scales show a loss, but whether they agree with the SW ones tonight is a different matter. I know I haven't stuck to the plan at all this week, but I have started again today, so I am back on track for next week. I really want a good loss next Wednesday, ideally to get me down into the 15s which is my first goal. So here's to being good today and angelic next week!

Ok half a pound on, not great but understandable! So back on track this week, and determined to get into the 15s this month!

Back