Maintained in first week- not happy, not impressed

NN89

Sexy Member
I am not a happy bunny today :break_diet:

1st week weigh in: maintained.

So why could this be? Me and my counsellor have various theories; and it'd be nice to have your input

1. PMT- I was due my period on the 26th, so am due anyday now- am a bit pmtish (cried at a news report on swine flu today lol) but is it normal to put on weight during this time?

2. Not eating enough- It sounds mad to me and not something i cant really grasp the concept of 'eating when hungry' on a diet!

3. Not having 1/3 of my super slimming foods a meal- if you see my food diary (on here) you can judge for yourself really

views? I'm not happy; and hoping next week is better- people who started last week lost 5lbs-8lbs..and i lost..er nothing

atleast it wasn't a gain but still :mad:

AF is a b*tch... FACT! Especially when on a weight loss mission! If you are due on and either STS or put on then this can be put down to AF (known as your star week). Do you retain water when AF is due?

True you could not be eating enough... free, speed and superspeed foods can really bulk up your intake but mean you lose weight.

Hun don't be put off by a STS, stay on plan and see what happens next week x

AF is a b*tch... FACT! Especially when on a weight loss mission! If you are due on and either STS or put on then this can be put down to AF (known as your star week). Do you retain water when AF is due?

True you could not be eating enough... free, speed and superspeed foods can really bulk up your intake but mean you lose weight.

Hun don't be put off by a STS, stay on plan and see what happens next week x

AF??
STS?

I'm still a noob!

I don't know if i do as i've never really monitored mny weight during this time- or any time!

Dont give up , also our bodies are crafty and hate any change so can often hang on to any weight disappearing off .
stick to it and see what happens next week

I am not a happy bunny today :break_diet:

1st week weigh in: maintained.

So why could this be? Me and my counsellor have various theories; and it'd be nice to have your input

1. PMT- I was due my period on the 26th, so am due anyday now- am a bit pmtish (cried at a news report on swine flu today lol) but is it normal to put on weight during this time?

2. Not eating enough- It sounds mad to me and not something i cant really grasp the concept of 'eating when hungry' on a diet!

3. Not having 1/3 of my super slimming foods a meal- if you see my food diary (on here) you can judge for yourself really

views? I'm not happy; and hoping next week is better- people who started last week lost 5lbs-8lbs..and i lost..er nothing

atleast it wasn't a gain but still :mad:

:cry: so sorry it wasn't this week for you, sending you big hugs. It feels so unfair, but try to keep the faith and stick at it for another week - if you know you are doing the right thing, following the plan, then you should certainly see results next week.

1. Pre - during - or post period affect everyone. a few months in you will know your weight loss pattern, but yes, it affects weight loss BIG TIME!

2. Just as an experiment next week eat-eat-eat - what do you have to lose?! Honestly though, SW is NOT a standard diet - you have to 'feed' it or your body will go into starvation - eat all the free and superfree foods you can and enjoy it! :D

take care, and have a good week - it will work ;)

Im a bit worried about going on the red/green days- they're really confusing!
Ive done SW before but have decided to leave EE as i've only ever done red and green days
i find green days really easy to follow and fill up on pasta and rice salads

My first week I STS and then the next I lost half-a-pound. The wise women on here told me I wasn't eating enough and yup, like you, I found that hard to take. But since then I've been eating like a horse and have always lost something - with the exception of last week, when I was in the middle of Auntie's visit (usually I'm at the end for my WI but I was late). Then I put on a pound.

My weight losses have never been great and 2lbs is the most I've ever lost in a week, but they've been steady and the scales are going in the right way.

I'll take a deek at your diary and give my thoughts. But believe it - not eating enough slows your weight loss. Great, eh! :D And sometimes your body is just adjusting and you see a big loss the next week.

Oh, and there's a skirt that I can wear quite happily the rest of the month but come AF and it's far too tight . . .

Time of the month defnitely makes a difference for most women, usually it's water retention, sometimes its because we're driven to eat chocolate! Definitely eat enough free foods, you don't ever need to go hungry on slimming world. The only time I go hungry is on weigh in day because I don't eat til after, which is about 8.30 by the time I get home. Stick with it, it does work!

When I was of an age to have AF I could retain up to 7lbs of water! I had a special bra for the 10 days it lasted! So yes you should just stick with it and you will have a sooper dooper weight loss next week. Eating enough? I bet you aren't. It's SO difficult to get your head round this bit! You think if you cut back it will drop off, but your body panics and holds on to your weight, so eat to your hearts content, have ALL your syns (that's what they're there for and your WL will speed along! Remember, you can't run a Rolls Royce on 2 star! Good luck! And keep us informed of your great loss next week.
I'm doing EE and it's fabulous!

I can lose 4lbs the week after my "star week"...

And I agree with all the advice above. The plan has been worked out and tested over and over again, and is constantly reviewed and amended. You can trust it.... it works. Eat... don't be afraid. But try to fill up on super free foods (as opposed to just free foods) as this will help you more.

Oh, mate! I really feel for you and know that giving up or having a binge must feel really tempting at the moment.

Please give it another week and I promise it will sort itself out. Look at all the success stories on here from Slimming World people. I bet every one of us can tell you of at least one instance when we were GUTTED when we got on the scales- unfortunately yours has happened early in, but don't let it put you off.

Big, big hugs mate- let us know how you get on next week
xxxxx

Thanks so much guys, i'm trying to do a different plan this week- doing red, green, ee, and so on so forth- so we'll see. Am feeling pre-menstrual; been rather teary- i better get my period so next week i can no for sure why i maintained!

I'm still at it guys, but my god the urge to binge was bad last night!!!

Back