Maintaining - 5 months on..

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
Hello everyone, its now five months post Exante TS. I weigh three pounds more than November 2011.

I plan a four week push starting 9 April 2012 - this is to try and shift the last stone. It might be that I have reached a 'natural weight' for me but who knows, its worth a four week stint to see.

I am really pleased to be maintaining - everything fits, I feel good and have loads of energy. I was scared the six stone would creep back, but its fine.

The new healthy eating me is very happy and delighted with the results of eight months Exante TS.

Good luck to all of you.

GSQ

Welldone on maintaining I'm only in week 3, and really nervous on coming of the plan and all my weight going back on.can you give me an idea of what your eating while maintaining.

Thanks for sharing this post GSQ. It is very encouraging to read as I think many of us have been on a vlcd before & have found the weight going back on. Good to see that with healthy eating we can keep it off. Well done on your success

Hj27 said:
Welldone on maintaining I'm only in week 3, and really nervous on coming of the plan and all my weight going back on.can you give me an idea of what your eating while maintaining.

Thank you! It is so worth doing, it just makes such a difference and I feel so energetic and so well now.

What do I eat? Food, not a lot, mainly plants. Is a good guide. I have just read a book with this title and it makes sense.

I have porridge made with water and blueberries for breakfast, for lunch - salad with prawns or salmon or tuna and rice cakes.

About four pm some fruit, even a biscuit now and then. I drink about half a pint of skimmed milk too in tea etc.

Evening meals - I avoid any pre made manufactured meals so I eat home made soup and bread, chicken, fish, steak once a week or so and vegetables including potatoes . I think fat makes me fat so I moderate my intake carefully and don't buy butter because I just find it too hard to resist.

Nothing advertised on TV or delivered ready cooked anymore. No Macdonalds, pizza, takeaways - if I eat out I avoid all fatty food. It makes me feel a bit sick anyway.

I don't drink alcohol anymore either and I think that helps. I love cooking so I often have a slice of home made cake or a Welsh cake! I don't seem to have a sweet tooth like I used to. If this sounds to good to be true it's not, I love Crunchies and MandM but as a special treat.

In other posts on this bit of the site I have posted some thoughts, but I just don't need much food as I thought to survive and be well. I think this makes sense if I was eating more than I needed thats probably why I ended up seven stones overweight. It's so easy to over eat food that is manufactured, it seems manufacturers are adept at packing calories into very tasty bites. Someone said if you are not hungry enough to eat an apple you are not hungry but sweets, biscuits, etc are so nice and so easy to over eat.

I am very careful and carbohydrates seem to make me more hungry - but I will eat bread, potato and rice sometimes.

I also exercise, swim five days a week for 40 minutes, very fast. But most of all I am a weak frail human who is prone to failure, I eat when stressed and if over tired but now I am eating consciously. I eat, pause and tomorrow try again.

And I just love, love, love being slim. It's the very best feeling ever. I am never going back.

Good luck go you all with this awful disease and addiction. It's so very hard.

GSQ.

this was good to read thanks i am only just starting my journey but i was pleased to read your maintaining experience!

Lovely to hear from you GSQ!

So pleased that all is well. Delighted for you! :D

I'm getting there - but boy is it slow. I have lost only 20lbs in 3 months, a far cry from a stone a month!

Still, it is going down and I will get there in the end. :)

Hi there Darcy. I have been following your path, it's tough isn't it. But you will get there - you know so much about VLCD now.
I do think eating a low carb meal now and again does no harm and probably some good too.
But good luck to you and well done.

GSQ

mrsvjx said:
this was good to read thanks i am only just starting my journey but i was pleased to read your maintaining experience!

Thank you and I hope it goes well

GSQ

Fabulous as always GSQ what's the plan for the last stone? Back to TS?

DustQueen said:
Fabulous as always GSQ what's the plan for the last stone? Back to TS?

Hi DustQueen

Yes I seem to be a all or nothing person do TS for four weeks and then see. Lots of fibre clear and lots of water this time.

GSQ.

Good luck GSQ, 5 months and virtually the same....awesome achievement! Had bit of hiatus myself....needed it I think, but back with 100% TS from today. Good luck with your final stone....will use you as inspiration for mine!

dawndesperatetoloose! said:
Good luck GSQ, 5 months and virtually the same....awesome achievement! Had bit of hiatus myself....needed it I think, but back with 100% TS from today. Good luck with your final stone....will use you as inspiration for mine!

Hello DDTL - Good to hear from you again - I just love this site. Amazing support.

It's hard work but once you get your head in the right place it seems easier.

I think you have to spend time preparing yourself.

Be clear about what you want, how much do you really really want to be slim?

Are you sure that losing weight is really very important to you?

Do you think it's possible?

Do you believe three magic packets a day will do it for you?

Are you prepared for three litres of water and lots of weeing?

Do you think it's going to be worth the initial hunger, discomfort, and anti social, boring monotony?

Do you believe that it is not for all of your life but a means to an end?

Are you ready to change your habits, say no to other foods at all social things just for a while?

Do you believe it a healthy, safe and effective way of losing weight that works for many people?

Do you believe it is possible to stick to it for as long as you want to?

Do you believe that if you fall off the wagon that you are equally capable of getting back on?

Ready, steady, off you go then!!!

Good luck- this is for me too, of course. Being slim is amazing, so much better than being fat.

GSQ.

Reading this has really helped me remain positive. This is my 2nd attempt on a VLCD and I really hope that it'll be the last!! But as I have ever successfully maintained a healthy weight in my life, it almost seems completely impossible!

Thank you for reassuring me that it isn't x

xxAlliexx said:
Reading this has really helped me remain positive. This is my 2nd attempt on a VLCD and I really hope that it'll be the last!! But as I have ever successfully maintained a healthy weight in my life, it almost seems completely impossible!

Thank you for reassuring me that it isn't x

You can do it Allie. Thank you for your reply, it can be done I'm sure.

GSQ

Hello DDTL - Good to hear from you again - I just love this site. Amazing support.

It's hard work but once you get your head in the right place it seems easier.

I think you have to spend time preparing yourself.

Be clear about what you want, how much do you really really want to be slim?

Are you sure that losing weight is really very important to you?

Do you think it's possible?

Do you believe three magic packets a day will do it for you?

Are you prepared for three litres of water and lots of weeing?

Do you think it's going to be worth the initial hunger, discomfort, and anti social, boring monotony?

Do you believe that it is not for all of your life but a means to an end?

Are you ready to change your habits, say no to other foods at all social things just for a while?

Do you believe it a healthy, safe and effective way of losing weight that works for many people?

Do you believe it is possible to stick to it for as long as you want to?

Do you believe that if you fall off the wagon that you are equally capable of getting back on?

Ready, steady, off you go then!!!

Good luck- this is for me too, of course. Being slim is amazing, so much better than being fat.

GSQ.

What a great list of questions, GSQ. I love them. Thank you for sharing how you maintain.

Thank you!!! Its great to hear from someone that has been on this diet and lost the weight successfully and is still maintaining. Very encouraging!! Thank you for sharing :)

Back