maintaining week 1 - not a great start

kevandju5

Maintaining
Got to target finally last week. It was an uphill struggle and the last pound took 4 weeks to shift. Today I weighed in and I've put on 1.5lbs! It may not sound much, but I'm quite gutted as I have stuck to the plan 100 per cent.

I think I know where it may have gone wrong though... I ususally have around 4 Red days a week, but this week I thought I could relax a little and only had 2 Red days. The others were a mixture of EE/Green/Mix2Max.

It just seems that the carbs thing doesn't work for me! :sigh: So it's back to mostly Red, speed foods and superfree foods just to try and keep the weight off. I thought it might be a bit easier than this to maintain!

Hats off to everyone maintaining successfully. I have the feeling it's not going to be a walk in the park! xx

Well done on getting to target you must feel fantastic. Always remember though slim people gain a pound or two and then loose it, no one stays exactly the same at all times so don't beat yourself up or feel down, your achievement is wonderful and you should feel realy proud. Enjoy your success. XX

There could be lots of reasons you've weighed heavier this week. Altho' I have to admit, green days don't do it for me, either. And EE and Mix2Match etc are too complicated!!!!

It's bound to take a little readjusting. Don't worry. You'll work it out.

Firstly, well done on getting to target - :clap:

Secondly, in some ways, you learn to maintain, just as you had to learn to lose weight. It took me a litle while to get the hang of maintaining, the first 8 weeks, I remained resolutely in the upper 3lb of my range - not once dipping below my target weight - then - whoosh, something clicked, and I lost a few weeks in a row, and so got to below that target weight. Now I happily bimble around the middle, sometimes gaining, sometimes losing.

Main thing, is try to enjoy this new phase - initially it has its own challenges, but you will get the hang of it, and maintain nicely.

Well done again ...

Back