maintaining?

Busy_mam

I'm struggling I keep losing weight, and its becoming more stressful than the whole weight loss thing:sigh:

I'm breastfeeding so up 3 extra hes already

I lost 1lb the first week, 1 the second and last week I put on .5 - great you would think but I was off plan for 5 days and I was massively off because we were in a hotel so I was having 2 a choices 3-4 b choices, breakfast was fine but we had to eat out 2 meals so I had 2 lunches that were in line with the plan jacket spud and cheese and lentil and bean casserole, but teas were take aways 2 pizza 2 Chinese and then on Sunday for lunch my cousin served pizza and garlic bread.

I was honestly happy to eat my fill and even had 2 triple bounty on the motorway there and back hot chocolates in the hotel, 2 bottles of red wine and a few mini rolls.

I was expecting to come back and put on about 4lbs which was fine with me.

I'm now very worried, my new trousers are hanging off me.

Has anyone else in your group had this problem? My consultant isn't worried as I had a gain last week but I can't eat junk 7 nights a week and I'm still 2lbs under my target.

Other people have mentioned a booklet about maintaining but my consultant has never heard of them.

I feel I'm back to being a teenager where every one accused me of having a eating disorder because I never put on weight- I think this was the start of my weight problems as people kept feeding me up.

Maybe your body needs to lose more weight?

It seems like your bmi is in the middle of healthy, you could lose more weight and not go into the unhealthy range.

Speak to your C and see if you can come up with a new target?

If you are happy with the way you are then you should add more HeB and A's till you can maintain comfortably.

There isn't a booklet on maintaining but in the back of your book is a section on maintaining and basically all it says is increase your B choices until you find a balance.
For some people than can be an extra one B choice a day, some can have and extra 4 or 5 B choices a day (I wish!!).

So, you get your extra A's for breastfeeding but you need to up your B's a lot to stop losing.

The key is not to increase syns as this encourages the old habits to come back.

I'm currently having 3-4 a's and 4-5 b's and still losing, I can't physicaly eat more, and I have tons of pasta, potatoes etc as I'm veggie

Wow! I could say that you are lucky.....
But I do understand that it's becoming a problem. Perhaps the OP was correct and that your body is telling you that you can lose more?

As has been said, maybe your body wants to lose more.
It must be so frustrating for you. Perhaps your C can re-target you??

Thing is I'd have to drop to 9s2.5 and that is too low I'm a 10 top and a 12 bottom (always will be I have huge hips all bone no covering as such)

If I drop weight I look like a ironing board no boobs no bum and I quite like my curves and so does my hubby, plus after having kids I have lots of streatched flesh on my tummy that will not go without a tummy tuck and that is not a option

I can fit in the dress I wore the night I met him 12 years ago and would go out in it and for me that is where I need to be.

Back