Maintenance and My Experience

LondonIrishOllie

Pensively Posting
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well... Work and life is still crazy, always getting a chance to come on here but unfortunately not doing enough supporting and teaching as I should... Thats why I'm writing this little piece on how I've found that past 5 weeks of maintenance, some times i've been paranoid, sometimes I've thought I've been stupid and a lot of the time I've just been way too strict (Yes you dont have to be strict when off LT, just wise!)

So, along with others here when i came off refeed I stuck to around 1000-1200 calories a day, eventhough reading everwhere else online they say that low calories is bad for your health but it was a natural step to move from 600 calories a day on lt to something like that. How did I find it? great, loved all the foods i was eating and still am loving it! I mean I havent tasted anything I dont like in all this time and I used to hate a lot of food... it was fantastic!

But as the days and weeks went on you start to feel hungry between meals, it used to be natural to be hungry so then its a struggle, I snack on some fruit but maybe an hour later you get hungry again and literally can't have fruit all the time! Until the day i went out for lunch with work, got a huge dish of vegatable and prawn noodles, I was so full but for the rest of the day I didnt feel the urge to snack (I calculated instead of usual 200 cal lunch I had about 650), was so worried I'd put on weight now cos I've had so many extra cals... complete opposite..

My energy was fantastic, was faster cycling home, run was so much easier in the evening. I just overall felt better as soon as the fullness went away.. weight wise here are my findings

Weeks 1-3 - 1200 Cals - lost 2.5lbs
Weeks 4-6.5 - 1600 Cals - lost 5.5 lbs

So in my opinion dont worry if you have a bar of choc, if you increase your cals, have pizza, coke, whatever.. Its all ok in moderation, just be kind to yourself and don't starve yourself. I think I was to an extent at the start and wasnt losing as much as I should with the exercise I was doing, I was being too strict and too tough on myself... Maintenance doesnt have to be tough, it will always be a challenge but it can be enjoyable as well.

To finish, i did that calcualtor thing that told me how many cals I need to take to maintain this morning. It told me 4000! if thats sayinf 4000 and I was taking 1200 it certainly was not healthy, I'd just suggest to everyone who is on really low cals to up it a small bit and watch the results get better (in my case) or even stay the same. If Im wrong I'll buy ye all a water! ;)

P.S reading that back i dont think I'm giving a good enough experience (it was so much better in my head last night!), but any questions Ill be sure to answer, have done a hell of a lot of research,,,

Thanks for that ollie, really did help with a dillema I've been having with the last few days of binging and overeating. I am still worried and probably going to be until I weigh myself this saturday.

How's things been?

Thanks for that ollie, really did help with a dillema I've been having with the last few days of binging and overeating. I am still worried and probably going to be until I weigh myself this saturday.

How's things been?

there is absolutely nothing to worry about.. honestly! Once you arent eating too much everyday (and realistically if you eat under 2000 cals without exercise it'll never be too much), you are an active person so I can't see why it'll be bad.. I think in the 6 weeks there were def 2 days that I went over mens 2500 cals) butin 6 weeks letting that happen very rarely its something that should not be frowned upon, enjoy the binge! make sure its not terrible and make sure you make up for it the day and after by exercising..

All is good with me, happy out! Running in half marathon in Sept and 2 short runs before that so something to aim for! Hows life wit u?

Great to know you're doing good Ollie. Congrats for the losses too, sounds as though you really are in control and that is brilliant. I will be refeeding in 3 weeks and can't wait. Stories like yours really do inspire and make refeeding an adventure and nothing to be scared of. Well done you, you're doing really great!

Thanks Ollie, yes, it's all a bit hit and miss, this maintenance lark, I'm trying to stick to 1375 cals maximum, which still seems very low, but I certainly don't want to risk putting on any weight.

there is absolutely nothing to worry about.. honestly! Once you arent eating too much everyday (and realistically if you eat under 2000 cals without exercise it'll never be too much), you are an active person so I can't see why it'll be bad.. I think in the 6 weeks there were def 2 days that I went over mens 2500 cals) butin 6 weeks letting that happen very rarely its something that should not be frowned upon, enjoy the binge! make sure its not terrible and make sure you make up for it the day and after by exercising..

All is good with me, happy out! Running in half marathon in Sept and 2 short runs before that so something to aim for! Hows life wit u?
Well that does sound reassuring, but you see my body is like a fat absorbing sponge, the slightest thing can make me balloon up, well this was in the past before LT so I'm not entirely sure if it would happen now too.

I'm alright thanks, been panicking though, too much. Getting off LT is too scary heh

Hey Ollie, applause for an excellent post and you are right, no need to starve yourself to lose weight, it will only have an opposite affect on your body, but higher the cals and it also increases your metabolism plus the added benefit of giving your body the essential food that it needs to operate and function to the best of its ability.

I too do that, I have a higher few days, then lower it for a few days to compensate and its working, I am maintaining my loss and very proud.

Great to see you back and well done you in the preparations for your run in September xxx

Hi Ollie, Great post and glad to see you doing so well and running too! :happy096:

May i be nosey and ask how the love-life is? Good I hope! xx

Great to know you're doing good Ollie. Congrats for the losses too, sounds as though you really are in control and that is brilliant. I will be refeeding in 3 weeks and can't wait. Stories like yours really do inspire and make refeeding an adventure and nothing to be scared of. Well done you, you're doing really great!

thanks mini, not fully in control some times but Im ok with that, If I slip I work harder, I enjoy the slip and I enjoy the extra work out following! Win Win situation!! hehe, for example was friends birthday and leaving drinks last too nights. Had lots of vodka thurs night, a bagel friday mornin, went out for huge meal last night and had a few vodkas again!! Lovely 2 days!! hehe

Today (My day off!!) Im already up, had museli and as soon as it kicks in Im running 5.5 miles in to London to collect my bike and cycle back! Im looking forward to it, it may kill me in this heat but its exciting, and I need punishment for 2 naughty days!

best of luck only 3 weeks left! you've done amazing, so proud of u!

Thanks Ollie, yes, it's all a bit hit and miss, this maintenance lark, I'm trying to stick to 1375 cals maximum, which still seems very low, but I certainly don't want to risk putting on any weight.

heya, 1375 cals ain't bad. you can always gauge it, once you know if you go above it for some reason its not the end of the world and will prob be good for you.. keep up the good work! :)

Well that does sound reassuring, but you see my body is like a fat absorbing sponge, the slightest thing can make me balloon up, well this was in the past before LT so I'm not entirely sure if it would happen now too.

I'm alright thanks, been panicking though, too much. Getting off LT is too scary heh
you may feel like its gonna absorb fat, thats if youeat crap all the time.. good fats and bad fats remember.. just dont always eat bad fats, stay away from them as much as you can. I've said as much as you can, not always. thats important to remember to keep yourself sane on this.

Hey Ollie, applause for an excellent post and you are right, no need to starve yourself to lose weight, it will only have an opposite affect on your body, but higher the cals and it also increases your metabolism plus the added benefit of giving your body the essential food that it needs to operate and function to the best of its ability.

I too do that, I have a higher few days, then lower it for a few days to compensate and its working, I am maintaining my loss and very proud.

Great to see you back and well done you in the preparations for your run in September xxx

heya Mary, I think you've hit the nail on the head there.. you are spot on in fact! fantastic balance, and its working for you. what do u think tho, some people eat healthy and lose weight, you eat very healthy (see all your menus) and stay the same. do you think its cos the lower days are too low and preventing weight loss? (by the way I dont think you should lose any more!!!! just playing devils advocate)

Hi Ollie, Great post and glad to see you doing so well and running too! :happy096:

May i be nosey and ask how the love-life is? Good I hope! xx
hello!! nice to hear from you
hehe, no probs, love life is good, met up with girl last 2 bank holidays for few days each time and she's coming here soon. taking it easy but all good so far! we get on well :)

hello!! nice to hear from you
hehe, no probs, love life is good, met up with girl last 2 bank holidays for few days each time and she's coming here soon. taking it easy but all good so far! we get on well :)

Oh thats nice news ...I agree slow is good - enjoy!!!

Have a lovely weekend! Me and DH coming up to Camden today going to see the Manics tonight! I'm too excited hence up early!!

Oh thats nice news ...I agree slow is good - enjoy!!!

Have a lovely weekend! Me and DH coming up to Camden today going to see the Manics tonight! I'm too excited hence up early!!

ooo, im out in Camden tonight too but not the roundhouse! Hope you've a good gig! they're meant to be fantastic live! :)

was in camden yesterday with the family...never been before but will definately go again, i loved it!

I just think of everything in moderation Ollie, I do have higher days, but then just balance it out with a couple of lower days to compensate and to be honest, half the time I dont even feel like I am dieting (well I am NOT dieting) just eating healthy.

Dont worry hun, I am not trying to lose any more weight, just maintaining it, but I did have a loss this week, but after my 2 weeks in Turkey, I would imagine I will have a little gain, but hopefully not too much.

hey there long time no speak (my fault!)

I have been ok on maintenance - my story has been a bit different. I got over the calories counting very quickly and put on about 4lbs on. But i am back on track and behaving :) And have not slipped back into any bad habits :)

However - i am having serious hair loss issues :( I wonder is anyone else? I have lost about 1/3 of my hair, this is quite bad and has really damaged my confidence. Kind of lucky for me - i cover my head on a daily basis.....but still its making me feel kak :(

was in camden yesterday with the family...never been before but will definately go again, i loved it!

Camden is cool alright... bit diverse and alternative but its good! never been to market. must go some time!

I just think of everything in moderation Ollie, I do have higher days, but then just balance it out with a couple of lower days to compensate and to be honest, half the time I dont even feel like I am dieting (well I am NOT dieting) just eating healthy.

Dont worry hun, I am not trying to lose any more weight, just maintaining it, but I did have a loss this week, but after my 2 weeks in Turkey, I would imagine I will have a little gain, but hopefully not too much.

enjoy holiday!! u may not gain! who cares if u do! more fun exercising when u get back.. or even there with OH! ;)

hey there long time no speak (my fault!)

I have been ok on maintenance - my story has been a bit different. I got over the calories counting very quickly and put on about 4lbs on. But i am back on track and behaving :) And have not slipped back into any bad habits :)

However - i am having serious hair loss issues :( I wonder is anyone else? I have lost about 1/3 of my hair, this is quite bad and has really damaged my confidence. Kind of lucky for me - i cover my head on a daily basis.....but still its making me feel kak :(

heya honey.. good to hear from u.. well done on getting back on track.. these things happen and at least u caught it before long.. 4lbs aint bad..

with hair, have notice some hair loss but nothing badly affecting me really.. havent visually seen any difference.. it will grow back, just takes time

hey ollie how you doing mate?

good little post and strongly agree with what you have said. Its ok to have the things you like but just be smart with it and its all good.

Am going to start a little stint back on TFR for a few weeks, maybe 4 week i think, to get me down to where i want to be at as my total end goal, not looking forward to it lol.

hey ollie how you doing mate?

good little post and strongly agree with what you have said. Its ok to have the things you like but just be smart with it and its all good.

Am going to start a little stint back on TFR for a few weeks, maybe 4 week i think, to get me down to where i want to be at as my total end goal, not looking forward to it lol.

Hey Adam good to hear from you.. yep totally agree with you.. this diet deffo teaches you how to be smart..
best of luck with you stint on TFR.. its gonna be tough I imagine but sure if you can do it once I reckon you'll get on fine!

Hey Adam good to hear from you.. yep totally agree with you.. this diet deffo teaches you how to be smart..
best of luck with you stint on TFR.. its gonna be tough I imagine but sure if you can do it once I reckon you'll get on fine!

hey yeah you too chief

started today and all good so will see how it goes lol

Back