Major lapse

karmawitch

sorry guys :cry:

I've been away to Whitby, and had 'planned' to eat 'a meal', the meal itself was healthy enough, but it was the other things I ate, as I went into complete rebellious child mode.

I am not going to beat myself up over this, neither am I going to go into major melt down and think that's it, I've blown it.

I'm going to pick myself up, dust myself down and get right back on track !

Have to say though, I feel incredibly bloated and tired.

I like your attitude that you're getting right back on the LL horse. That will keep you going.

This is actually why there's nothing that will get me eating before I'm finished - it's very difficult to stop ourselves say "ah stuff it, I'm already eating I might as well have...".

I think half my LL group are stopping for christmas. It's going to be weird - we've lost 3 of them (well they've gone onto RTM). 1 left. Another has disappeared on holiday where he'll be eating and drinking and may not come back. 2 or 3 are stopping in November or december and coming back in the NY.

I think at this rate, it'll be me, a new guy who just started and maybe one other.

But that's ok- come the end of feb, I'll be thin, and the returnees will be struggling to come back. That's why I'm not taking any breaks, allowing any slips.

Sorry this turned out to be about me! Back to you - I hope that you enjoyed Whitby and that you still lose 3 or 4 pounds at least this week :)

Funny you should say that LS, I did wonder whether or not to fess up or just keep quiet, but you are all so important to me and so much a part of my journey, that I didn't want to lie.

I believe you made the right choice - you need support just as we all do. And it's easier to be honest with yourself if you're honets with others.

The critter in my avatar is Georgie, my rat who died 3 weekends ago. She would have been 30 months old on Thursday if she'd not passed away (which is a grand old age for a rat). She is actually one of the main reasons I have turned my life around - it's not an exaggeration to say she changed my life :)

I believe you made the right choice - you need support just as we all do. And it's easier to be honest with yourself if you're honets with others.

The critter in my avatar is Georgie, my rat who died 3 weekends ago. She would have been 30 months old on Thursday if she'd not passed away (which is a grand old age for a rat). She is actually one of the main reasons I have turned my life around - it's not an exaggeration to say she changed my life :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your rat Andy, pets are so important to us.

I have 4 hammies, which is why I was interested in what you had

Sorry about Georgie, Andy :(

I've had many pets over the years; mice, hampsters, rabbits, fish, it's so sad when you lose them, they're like a member of the family arn't they (OK, maybe not so much with the goldfish) but still.

PS: Oh, I just noticed your sig!
Congrats on being over halfway to your goal! :D

Last edited:
Fish are hard to lose - we had a horrible experience - we had a BEAUTIFUL marine tank with saltwater fish - shrim, starfish, crabs, lobsters, live rock, tangs, angels, clowns, picasso's, snails - all sorts of beautiful creatures.

WHile you cannot cuddle them they all had distinct personalities - and they knew wehn we got home from work and would bob up and down for their dinner - same as a cat or dog!

One day while at work, we had a power outage - and salt fish are so sensitive - the time without power and the affect on the filtration system wiped out the entire tank. It was devestating! LIke losing an entire village at once. Haven't had a tank since then. :O(

So sorry about your little friend Andy. :( Such a sweet little face.

I am struggling now with two cats that are ill. We had 8 - we have lost one a year. They were all, but 2, rescues so were of older age. ITs been horrendous, and now my beautiful girl Vincent (who also saved my life - walked through my open door when I was struggling with the after effects of my divorce and in the midst of my trying to end a relationship with a suicidal maniacal bipoler man. She was a godsend.) Anyway, she is battling pancreatitis, which will eventually take her. I fear we are nearing the final stages. And then our other, eldest girl Bubble is having some problems now as well, and not sure where that will lead us.

I love animals - but told my husband never again wil we have that many as they all get old at the same time - its so painful losing them. We'd just get used to the absence of one - when another would go. Its been heartbreaking. I will always have them - just with bigger age gaps. Little mogs. Bless em.

Don;t know where I would be though without at least one little furry friend. :)

RIP Georgie. :(

xxx

sorry guys :cry:

I've been away to Whitby, and had 'planned' to eat 'a meal', the meal itself was healthy enough, but it was the other things I ate, as I went into complete rebellious child mode.

I am not going to beat myself up over this, neither am I going to go into major melt down and think that's it, I've blown it.

I'm going to pick myself up, dust myself down and get right back on track !

Have to say though, I feel incredibly bloated and tired.

AW, bless you hon. You did the right thing to confess - thats what we are here for - to support one and other. A burden shared is a burden lightened.

It just proves - even a "planned" lapse can have as bad a result as an unplanned one.

As Andy said - its just not worth it. It never goes as planned - ever. Or extremely rarely - so you are not alone Karma - it happens all the time - there is no shame, but only lessons to be learnt.

Pick your cute little self up, dust yourself off - and tackle it all again as you are doing!

There is a learning curve to this - and with any mistakes made, it steers you back on track to hopefully not make the same mistakes twice.

You're star, and a diamond, and I know you'll get through it.

Big squishy happy hugs and positive vibes coming your way Mrs! Even if I have to bring them north myself one day!! :D :D

Take care hon. You are doing so well, even if it doesn;t feel like it right now.
XXX

i think attitude is half the battle, and u are so positive ull be back in to it no probs.
learn from it hunni and move on from it xxx

Yep, am sorry to hear that Andy. How'd she change your life?

Thank you, everyone for the kind comments. I have an obit posted here:

http://www.minimins.com/pets-corner/64289-rats-georgie-april-2006-october-2008-a.html

It tells a little about how she changed my life - without hijacking KW's thread too much, too much - when I got Georgie in 2006, I was friendless, practically a hermit, I'd given up on any hopes of life or love and had basically withdrawn complety.

Georgie was ill, so I needed to take steps to get her better - and one of those things was signing up to a rat forum. I found many friends there and started dragging myself to shows. Now I'm happy to say I have 3 very close friends, several close friends, and several more good friends. I moderate on the website, and it's all pushed me toward losing weight and finding what I wanted (love and happiness).

SO I still have a long way to go, but I'm a completely different man to the one I was when I got Georgie. I wouldn't have any of those friends now, I'd almost certainly be 25st, and living without any hope.

All sounds dramatic but it's so true. I hated myself and today I'm starting to find I quite like me.

All sounds dramatic but it's so true. I hated myself and today I'm starting to find I quite like me.

Andy - it doesn;t sound dramatic at all. All sort of things touch all sorts of people in all sorts of ways - and what makes you tick, and what makes you feel is as important as the next persons.

When you find love and happiness - whoever you find is going to be very lucky. :) You've got a good heart.

x

Thank you, everyone. And thank you, BL for the lovely message on Georgie's obit thread. I've been rather down the last couple of days and you've all been lovely.

Back