Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Making And Storing SlimFast?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by CoCo, 30 March 2008 Social URL.

1. CoCo

CoCo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Does anyone know if you use the powder to make the shakes, can you make them up and leave them in the fridge for a day, or do they have to be used as soon as they are made up?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ugg

ugg Needs a kick

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey COCO,

I use the powder shakes and i don't think you can store them for the day, But i haven't tried. Let me know if you try it and how you get on.

4. busylizzie

busylizzie Full Member

I think SlimFast say that you should mix them and drink them straight away (although this may be a ploy to persuade people to buy the ready mixed shakes). I did read online a womans diary who made the shakes at night for the next day and kept them in the fridge. She said once they are mixed they stay mixed.
    I tend to use the ready mixed shakes for pure ease and convenience when I'm out and powder when I'm home.
    Hope that helps
    BL

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I used to put the milk in a container and the pre-measured powder in another, smaller, one. Then I would just mix it up and drink it when I was ready.

6. FeelingFat

FeelingFat Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I personally prefer the ready made ones as I don't think the powders taste right. I have never made them the night before though but assume if you can do it with baby's bottles why not SF??

7. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I prefer the ready made ones but the powders are so much cheaper

8. Bookworm

Bookworm Full Member

I use the powders too. I did try making them up the night before but they tasted a bit stale. I think Taz's idea is a great one.
    When we were away for the day, I took meal bars and one of the Tesco own make shakes. I was ever so cheap and really lovely. I've not tried their powders though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.