Making syn free chips in a Tefal actifry? Help please :)

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
My parents have just bought a Tefal Actifry which cooks them in 1tbsp of oil so tonight I made my chips in there but instead sprayed fry light in and they were GORGEOUS!

I just wanted to check that they are still syn free?

I am actually excited as I am finding it a bit hard to work around uni and staying on plan so being able to load it up with chips and leave it for an amount of time to just let them cook merrily by themselves is amazing :D And they browned and everything, were 10x yummier than normal syn free chips if that is even possible!

Yeah, there's no magic fat that gets added into the Actifry baby! Still syn free! :D

My parents have just bought a Tefal Actifry which cooks them in 1tbsp of oil so tonight I made my chips in there but instead sprayed fry light in and they were GORGEOUS!

I just wanted to check that they are still syn free?

QUOTE]

i don't understand how they can be, enlighten me!! i want to know how my chips can be better!x

Doesn't Actifry heat like a normal oven or fryer but constantly turn so the chips will be cooked completely thoroughly but constantly turn so they crisp all over, when you'd normally only turn your chips once or twice when cooking?

Yeah, there's no magic fat that gets added into the Actifry baby! Still syn free! :D

Haha, I thought not but I am such a worrier - I had to check :p Thanks!

i don't understand how they can be, enlighten me!! i want to know how my chips can be better!x

Tefal Actifry - Compare UK Prices for the Actifry Fryer from Tefal - this is all about it, it is really cool!

The chips were lovely, browned (haha, amazing for me) and yummy and I didn't have to faff with microwaving/boiling and then oven cooking. You just cut your potatoes, throw them in and spray your fry light on top :D

Doesn't Actifry heat like a normal oven or fryer but constantly turn so the chips will be cooked completely thoroughly but constantly turn so they crisp all over, when you'd normally only turn your chips once or twice when cooking?

Yes, it was the first time I had used it and they go round a bit like a cake mixer but slowly and the chips get turned around loads in the time they are in there. That must be what makes them 10x yummier, I was amazed :p

So jealous. Want one so bad. Hopefully jingle bells can be heard so I know that Santa's listening! :D

We were told they aren't free in the actifry (unless you count the oil as your 1tbsp olive oil HEb) this is because much more is absorbed than oven baking with frylight - even though they don't 'sit' in the oil.

who told you that? Surely if they give a food item as free and you use it as it's intended, it should still be free!

My consultant. if done with frylight then I guess that's fine (though a tbsp of frylight is more that you'd 'spray' on I'm guessing) but oil isn't free.

My consultant. if done with frylight then I guess that's fine (though a tbsp of frylight is more that you'd 'spray' on I'm guessing) but oil isn't free.

I've always sprayed quite a lot of fry light on mine even when I oven cooked them to make them brown so I don't think I sprayed that much more on them in the actifry - I didn't use oil though I might bear in mind that I could use that as a HEB if I have no ryvitas or stuff in :)

I have texted my consultant to see what she says.

I thought emma-jane said she used frylight INSTEAD of oil, so that would make them free. Of course if actual oil was used it would have to be synned or be olive so it could be a HEb, but she said Frylight, right?

I'd say theyre free then :)

Back