• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Making the shake up a few hours before??

Hi, has anyone made their shake up approx 4 hours before drinking it? I am aware that it states once made up drink within 15 minutes. My problem is I have lectures in uni on Mondays all day and I have nowhere to make my shake up with blender. I can't drink them unless blended (hand Blender). Has anyone done this or know if it’s ok to do so? It would only be one day a week. Any advice would be appreciated. Nickie xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Soph

Pretty sure it loses the nutritional value if you leave it too long. Also find the shakes get a horrible salty taste if left too long.

Do you not like the flapjacks? They are handy for things like that but I know they're an aquired taste :)

Alternatively I have spaced the shakes around work before i.e. one at 8.30, 17.30 and 21.30. Not ideal but just an idea.

Jayne33

Fighting for My Health
They contain water soluble vitamins, so you would definitely lose nutrition if you leave them past the 15 mins. xx

Jayne33

Fighting for My Health
PS - Have you tried a shaker? I have one with a mesh type insert that goes on before the lid, and it gets rid of all the lumps. Really easy to use, and mix up on the go. xx

Thanks guys, I have tried the flapjacks, tasted liked cardboard. Def an aquired taste. Might see if I can get the shaker Jayne, where would I get one?? For tomorrow though I may have to spread them out and have one just before I go and another as soon as I get home. Starlight what is a coffee frother, does it work with batteries or plug in? Where would you buy this? Thank you all so much for your advice, Life on LT certainly can be a challenge... xx

Soph

You can get shakers from Boots. They're great.

Yeye

Silver Member
eBay for shaker and frother, frother runs on batteries. I use the shaker all the time, really handy, I found the frother isn't powerful enough (might just need new batteries tho). Hope this helps! X

Jayne33

Fighting for My Health
I got my shaker from my pharmacist, but I've also seen them in supermarkets - alongside the muscle building powders and weight lifting things! They're generally easy to come by :) Good luck xx

I got my shaker from my pharmacist too, he gave it to me, i think they usually charge about 4.95? but like shaz says, you can get them in tesco and asda. I usually put a bit of water in the container first, add the powder and give a good stir, then i shake it. (When i was in uni, it worked for me, i also didn't mind the flapjacks,,,even though they were disgusting!).

Jesi

Silver Member
My husband drinks those body building shakes so everytime he orders some he gets a free shaker with it. I have a spare brand new one you can have if you are close by. I live in E8 London :)

Thanks Jesi for the offer, I live in Ireland and it would probably cost as much to send it by post as it would be to buy, but thanks. It wasn't so bad today I finished uni early so in the end managed to get home for lunch. But did purchase frother online from amazon for £5.95 including postage. So I am now prepared. Thank you so much for all your help guys. Nickie xx

i too cant drink them unless blended so not even one bit in it, other wise i gag, i find this trouble too if im going to be out all day etc, what i did one day, was borrow my little girls sport bottle kind with a screw off top so you can get the powder in it, and its got one of the spouts u have to pull up with the teeth to drink, hope you get me lol, anyway when out i use this to shake up my shake, it doesnt get rid of all thr bits, but they also cant get through the small opening in the spout either, so i drink through that, just get liquid, no bits

Jayne33

Fighting for My Health
I don't get any bits at all in my shaker. I do shake it a LOT mind lol :) xx

Thanks Jesi for the offer, I live in Ireland and it would probably cost as much to send it by post as it would be to buy, but thanks. It wasn't so bad today I finished uni early so in the end managed to get home for lunch. But did purchase frother online from amazon for £5.95 including postage. So I am now prepared. Thank you so much for all your help guys. Nickie xx
Glad you got one :) The shakers are brilliant I have one at home but I love the frother for taking out with me