MancBird Reloaded - The Road to Target

Thanks ladies, was just one of those moments that caught me offguard, I'm not normally so sensitive but was just one of those days I think!!

I actually didn't get anywhere near 4,500 in the end, was more like 3,200, so going to try and do 1000 more today (hoping a whizz round Tesco will help!) and then try and increase again tomorrow!

Better than just sitting on my bum haha xxx

Thursday 25th July 2013 - EE Day

Brekkie - Alpen Light (HEB), Banana

Lunch - M&S Medium Fish Sushi (3.5), Mango pieces, M&S Salt & Vin Crisps (4.5)

Snacks - Muller greek yog (.5), Apple, Orange

Evening Meal - Mexican Chips! Made with skin on potatoes, lean bacon shredded, jalapenos, sour cream (4.5), tomatoes, HEXA Cheese, extra cheese (5), spring onions

Syns - 18/15 (creeping up!!)

Hex - 2/2

Last edited:
I have never used one, but i think i would do about 20 a day at work. Seriously I have a really sedentary job.

You have inspired me to try and work out my steps - think i have an old WW peddy that i could use.

Leave it with me ;) xxx

I'm too scared to wear one, I'm sure I'd be shock how much I do walk around at work!!

I actually thought I was a lot more active than I am!!! I was shocked to see I don't really do much at all at work and on a normal average day.

I went to a wander at lunchtime today to get my steps up and well on the way to 3,000 now with most of the day left. It really does make you think and made me realise how lazy I actually am!

Ooh give it a go EB and see how many you do, I'm sure running around after Little Bear keeps you on your toes xxx

Yes, Fridays, Sat and Sundays i am up and doing stuff with my little bear, but Mon - Thur - not much! hehe! x

Mancbird, try not to get too disheartened about the pedometer stuff. I'm sure your colleagues actually do far fewer steps than they think. I go for longish walks quite often, so checked back my pedometer app history - 10k steps is approximately 5 miles; it's quite difficult to do that distance (unless you have a job where you're on your feet all day) without making an effort to actually go for a bit of a walk.

Monday 29th July 2013 - EE Day

Lunch - Chicke pea dahl (waitrose, free), egg noodles, humous (2) (was going to have sushi but its bucketing down now so need something warming!!)

Snacks - Fat free yog, apple, banana

Evening Meal - Syn free chilli and rice, loaded up with superfree peppers, onion, tomatoes and courgette

Syns - 2/15

Hex - 1/2

Last edited:
So I actially got over 5,000 steps last week! Only on 1 day but its a start!

Shame I fell off plan spectacularly over the weekend... afternoon tea with the girls, meal out with the family... so many syns... another 2 days of being supergood in the hope of a maintain... scales were 1lb up this morning... GAH!!

I'm trying to give myself a break this week and not beat myself up, at least I am being on plan as much as I can right now, even if its not been 100%. I have a very active social life (sorry if that sounds like a bit full of myself I don't mean it to!!) and the last 3/4 weeks especially have been crazy!

Luckily, I have a free weekend this coming one for the first time in AGES, so I am going to plan some super good meals and do my very best to have a 100% week xxxxx

Hey hun - sounds like a lovely weekend and from what i saw on Instagram - a delicious one too! :D hehe! Dont worry too much about it, and one pound up is nowt really.

As you say - least you are trying to get back on the wagon again rather than having a stuff it attitude. Life is busy sometimes, and makes it hard to have good food choices! x

Indeed, had a good 100% day yesterday and going for the same today.

One day at a time! xxx

Tuesday 30th July 2013 - EE Day

Lunch - Ham, cheese (hex a), salad, humous (2)

Snacks - Danio 0% yog (1.5) apple, satsuma, M&S salted popcorn (4)

Evening Meal - Sausages (3), leeks and grated cheese (5)

Syns - 15.5/15

Hex - 2/2

Wednesday 31st July 2013 - EE Day

Lunch - Sushi (3.5), Melon and Nectarine

Snacks - Grapes, satsuma, muller greek yog (0.5), Peanut cookies x 2 (9)

Evening Meal - Lightly dusted cod (tesco) (5), new potatoes, mange tout and baby corn

Syns - 18/15

Hex - 1/2

Last edited:
WI at lunchtime xxx

I lost a 1lb!!! Whaddaya know! V. Pleased xxx

Thursday 1st August 2013 - EE Day

Lunch - Chicken salad, HEXA cheese, salad cream (2)

Snacks - M&S Salted popcorn (4), Chobani pomegranate yoghurt (2), muller greek yogs (1), pineapple

Evening Meal - Beef stir fry, egg noodles, stir fry veg, stir fry sauce (5)

Syns - 14/15

Hex - 2/2

Friday 2nd August 2013 - EE Day

Lunch - Chicken salad, HEXA cheese, Salsa (0.5), packet of Hoops and Crosses (4.5)

Snacks - 99 ice cream with flake (I KNOW) (12), 3 Thorntons chocs (I KNOW!) (10.5)

Evening Meal - Very saintly steak, SW chips and corn on the cob, followed by strawberries in a meringue nest (2.5) and yog over top

Syns - 30/15 - some pulling back to do this weekend!

Hex - 2/2

Monday 5th August 2013 - EE Day

Brekkie - Alpen Light (3)

Lunch - HEXB Wholemeal roll, pastrami, sauerkraut, gherkins, mustard (1), crisps (5)

Snacks - Layered danio yog (2)

Evening Meal - Spag carbonara with bacon, HEXA philly extra light, chives, onion, spaghetti

Syns - 11/15

Hex - 2/2

Last edited:
Can't remember my exact weekend's food (GAH!) but Saturday made SW KFC (5.5) for breadcrumbs and SW chips (free), Sunday made Pete's Chicken Curry (syn free) so wasn't too bad at all main meal wise.

Back