MancBird's Weightloss Diary

MancBird

Always comes back to MMs!
So this is Day 1 – well actually, its not really, because I haven’t joined yet, I’m joining tonight… well, re-joining… this is my story…

I’ve always been overweight, and I’ve always pretended it didn’t bother me. You know the type, always joking, big bubbly whats-her-name… that’s me.

When I was 21 I was in a dead end relationship with an absolute loser of a guy – the type who doesn’t want you to lose weight, because its makes him feel insecure… the type who likes you to eat loads so you end up 7 stone overweight and yet feeling so unloved. But I found some strength, and joined SW. I was still with the ex… and I really got into it, and lost 3 stone… I got into size 16 pants for the first time since I was aged 16… and yet I still wasn’t happy… and neither was he, he didn’t like the confidence the weight loss gave me, and so I ended up quitting SW and putting the weight back on (luckily no more added).

3 unhappy years later, I ditched him and got my life back. I travelled the world, got a job I really like, and 2 years ago I met the love of my life, who loved me for more than my looks, and understood how unhappy I am with my weight, despite my outwardly confident nature.

Now is the time to do something. I have the support of my partner (who understands that I want to do this for my health and for my confidence, and wouldn’t mind losing a few lbs himself), the support of my friends and family, and the determination to give it 100% this time.

All I have to do is walk through that door at 630 tonight, pay my £10 and get on those scales…

I’m terrified! How do I tell them I’ve been here before, got halfway to target, and threw it all away…?

But I’m going to do it. I have to do it. I will do it. For me.

Hello to you both!
Thank you for the positive comments, I think I will be using this forum a lot, you all seem so motivated and positive :eek:)
I've also just signed up to do the Race for Life in June, I don't think I will be running it but a 10k walk can't be a bad thing. It's for charity and all...!
Will post back tomorrow about my first meeting back... xx

Well done to you both on your losses so far as well! x

Thank you!!!
Looking forward to hearing about how it goes tomorrow - 5th week WI for me tomorrow - hoping to get 1st stone award and not too far off 10% now!

Back 2 Skool

I went to class! I actually made it through the door after umming and ahhing in the car park for ages, but when I went in my consultant was really nice (bit hyper – but I can deal with that, shows she cares!).

I had to do the new member talk, and although I am a teeny bit skeptical about Extra Easy (seems far too good to be true…) I’m going to try EE for a week to see how it works for me. There were 3 other ladies coming back to class too so I didn’t feel as bad…!

The class was pretty good, I was surprised actually by how many women were there, I think it was about 30 in total, much bigger than the class I was used to… I guess SW is even more popular these days!

What about the new fancy swipe cards?!?! I remember when it used to be a passport! Once I got my head round the new fangled technology (laptops?!) I was ready for the scales…. EEK…

Not a massive shock as I had gone it alone for a couple of weeks before Xmas, but still disappointing to see I have regained the 5lbs I lost before :eek:(

I sat through Image Therapy and listened closely to what was said. I noticed a new member who had done EE her first week and gained a lb, but Im hoping she just didn’t get the plan and I will fare better this week.

So yesterday was day 1, and I got through it, with only 4 syns for my trouble (got stung by some salad dressing… better watch out for that!) Im making a chicken curry tonight for dinner so looking forward to that!

Will write more this weekend...!

Hope everyone is having a great week x x

Well done for getting through your first class - you are on your way now!!!
I do EE (although, when I look at what I choose to eat, I'm guessing that it is more Red) and it seems to be working so far :)

I do hope that your chicken curry goes well - we had some friends over recently and I made the lamb Rogan Josh - they loved it!!!

Hope that your motivation continues! x

Well today I find out how well I have done in the last week. It’s gone really well, I haven’t cheated, and I’ve stayed well below 10 syns a day (think 6 is the most I had) so I really feel like I’ve given it a good go. Not touched any takeaways, booze, crisps, chocolate or sweets for a week! Fingers crossed for a good result, I’ll let you all know tomorrow!

3lb off!! Here we go!! x

That difficult 2nd week... errrrrr....

So week 2... well, it hasnt exactly gone to plan...
Ended up eating out 3 times at weekend, its was my boyfs bday and although I was 100% on plan all week otherwise, I fear that the 3 courses I had Saturday and the other misdemeanours may have ruined my perfect 1st week...!
Even worse, my consultant sent me a text Sunday morning with something like "why cheat when you can feel how good it is to be a size smaller"... errrr.... it was all a bit too late, Id fallen off the diet wagon already...
I am going to go to class and face the music... if I escape with a maintain I will praise the diet gods and promise to have a perfect week next week....
Please!!
MB x x

So week 2... well, it hasnt exactly gone to plan...
Ended up eating out 3 times at weekend, its was my boyfs bday and although I was 100% on plan all week otherwise, I fear that the 3 courses I had Saturday and the other misdemeanours may have ruined my perfect 1st week...!
Even worse, my consultant sent me a text Sunday morning with something like "why cheat when you can feel how good it is to be a size smaller"... errrr.... it was all a bit too late, Id fallen off the diet wagon already...
I am going to go to class and face the music... if I escape with a maintain I will praise the diet gods and promise to have a perfect week next week....
Please!!
MB x x

Awww dnt be disshartend (spellings naff lol) flexi syns lol, and I just rejoined sw so i no how you feel AND just joined here too so getting used to it all, be positive and get rite back on track hun... GOOD LUCK XX

Well there's the power of positive thinking for ya... 1.5lbs off... I feel like I've had a lucky escape so time to get right back on track this week... bring it on!

Thanks for the support xxxx

Another 3.5lbs off this week, that's 8lb so far, and my 1/2 stone award!!

I feel brilliant!!!! :):):):)

xxxx

Last night was my 4th WI and I got the dreaded MAINTAIN!! Booooooo!! It is Star Week though so I guess I can attribute something to that, and I did have a Subway with my Mum on MD!! I have to keep telling myself that 8lb in 4 weeks is healthy loss and to keep going… do you ever have days when your goal just seems impossible?! I just have no patience with these things, I want it all now, even though I know weight loss is a journey and you need dedication, I just have magic wand syndrome where I think it can all be done overnight, just because I have 1 mullerlight and a scan bran once… argh!!

Oh well, onwards and (weight) downwards…

MB xxxx

Mancbird - your 'intro' post could have been written by me! we have similar pasts shall i say...!!! :D plus i am doing RFL in June - :D

Best of luck on your journey xxx

Ah, a fellow survivor, thanks for reading and for the support!!

xxxx

Would love to hear your story hun, if you dont want to put it here send me a pm? Or have I missed your diary on here? xxxx

Hiya hun, don't be put off by a maintain, I'm sure your hard work will be rewarded next week with a big loss. 8lbs is FAB x

Back