mango sorbet.... too good to be true??? help please..

Tracie Green

Silver Member
Hi all,

I made a mango sorbet last night in my icecream maker and was lush so... although all the ingredients were free, im feeling like it was too nice to be syn free!! all i used was 1 mango and 2 egg whites. anyone got any clue if it is syn free??? x

that sounds free to me hun - dont knock - emjoy :)
x

Hi all,

I made a mango sorbet last night in my icecream maker and was lush so... although all the ingredients were free, im feeling like it was too nice to be syn free!! all i used was 1 mango and 2 egg whites. anyone got any clue if it is syn free??? x

No hun its not syn free if you cook or blend fruit it becomes syns. I dont know how many though you would have to ask your consultant but I cant imagine it being many.

Oooh how that work Son?

Hmmmmm... interesting?
x

I had the same problem with kiwi sorbet. The kiwi fruits are free as are the egg whites and sweetner, but it ends up being 1 syn per portion or 4 syns for the lot, mainly because you pulp up the kiwi fruits. The recipie was from the slimming world website so I know it has to be true, sadly.

Basing it on that Tracie, I'd guess it's probably about the same syn value.

Oh poo : ( i thought it was too good to be true : (. I dont go to the classes anymore as i cant afford it, but i sharnt be gorging myself like i planned tonight then! haha x ill just have a little and count it as 2 syns, what dya reakon??

Tracie....... the is a recipe for mango sorbet that came in last months magazine....

12oz fresh mango
2 - 3 tbsp sweetner
2 x 125g pots of danone shape lasting satisfaction mango yogurt

Basically blitz it all up together and freeze for 2 - 3 hours, then beat with a fork, put back in freezer for 4 - 5 hours, beating every 30 mins to break up ice.

This serves 4 people and is 3 syns a serving.

xxx

Back