March LL starters

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Hi all, My name is Jan and I live is Scotland.I am married with 3 kids and work full time .My LL class is due to start on Wednesday night and I'm really looking forward to it.I have been seriously heavy for last 12/13 years and have gone to WW, SW,Scottish Slimmers and Rosemary Conley in the past.Successfully lost weight with WW and Orlistat but gained some of it back again.I'm hoping to lose 6 or 7stones,and be permanently slim thereafter (too expensive not too!) I have already found these boards a source of inspiration and support already .I hope to continue posting and getting support from you all and hopefully other March starters.I will hopefully put on the tracker once I workout what to do!:)
Good luck to everyone on LL journey x

Last edited:
Welcome JCJazzy.

This is quite weird to me posting in a March starters thread, seen as it seems like a week ago it was Jan and I was looking forward to starting.

Wishing you every luck, just knuckle down for the first few days/weeks depending on you and then it coasts from then on!

And yes, the nutters on this forum will provide you with plenty of support!

Thanks Emveg.You seem to be doing well so far,and your on the home straight.I'm a bit jealous of all you slim folks but that will be me soon I hope !!!How have you found it?

EmVeg said:
the nutters on this forum will provide you with plenty of support!

You rang, m'lady? :D

Good luck for your journey Jan, like Em said we are here when you need us, MiniMins is a great distration especially in the early stages, so come chat with us a lot! :)

Thanks Andy.Another LLstar! Now I've got the peppermint tea,the tablet sweeteners,the stick blender,the marigold swiss boullion,the tongue scraper and I'm waiting on the listerine strips to arrive!Anything else to help me on the way?Apart from here of course! :D

Haha! nice one, glad you're prepared.

Good luck with your LL journey! I know exactly what Em means, when you get into it the time just flies past. I found it so daunting thinking of 3 months with no food but just get through the first week (the hardest!), then pretty quickly you'll pick up a routine and it'll just zoom by! Well done you for taking this step and starting, every journey begins with the first step right?! :D

See - it didn't take long for the nutters to arrive. And Pete is possibly our most notorious one! :D mwah!

If I'm honest, i've found the not eating side easy since middle of week two - even when I've been down or really fancied things I know I don't really need them!

However, I have found the emotional side much more traumatic at times! I really struggled with my self-belief and fear of failing for the first month - but after focusing on my CBT at home and really listeneing to all my inner thoughts week five came along and BOOM - something upstairs clicked. Its a wonderful feeling and I feel confident and in control for the first time in my life. I do thank LL and this experience for that so far.

So - really - you have your good days, you have your bad days.

My words of advise would be (and I'm saying this because it was along the lines of what BlondeLogic (aka my yoda!) said when I started. Go into this and give it 110%. You get out what you put in - if you do the plan follow the rules you'll get where you have to go. One little thing of what you fancy when you;re feeling down can sabotage all of that, we've seen that on here (and in groups) a few times.

Give it your all - and very, very good luck. I'll be lurking so never fears - nutters are here :D

hi there
gosh, don't feel like a newbie anymore! march - where is the time going?

Good luck!

just a word - i asked my LLc and emailed LL about the listerine strips, they are not allowed.
( i know a couple of people use them, but the official line is no)

daisy x

Thanks Andy.Another LLstar! Now I've got the peppermint tea,the tablet sweeteners,the stick blender,the marigold swiss boullion,the tongue scraper and I'm waiting on the listerine strips to arrive!Anything else to help me on the way?Apart from here of course! :D

From one Jan to another - wishing yu lots of luck!!

Or, as I would say to EmVeg, Lots of luck, I wish you! :D

Its an exciting time. Get stuck in, and enjoy the ride. Its a life changing experience. :)

xx

Welcome JCJ, as you can see plenty of help advice and support here!

I agree re coffee, I drink decaf and have been getting through jars of the stuff since starting LL - still saving a fortune on wine etc so it's all good.

Stay focussed for the first week or two then as others have said you will just fall into a routine, this really is the easiset way of losing weight I've come across. Also the absitinence part is important as it gives you time to honestly re-evaluate your thoughts & feelings towards f##d, which I know some people find challenging, but necessary for long term success.

Welcome and enjoy

Thank you all for the welcome and great words of advice.I'm glad you're all here as so far I seem to be the only March starter so far!! :confused: Maybe they are all just shy! I will keep reading and posting and let you know how my class goes.Thanks again x

Hi again,I've just come back from first class.It was ok-some friendly folks,locum seemed nice enough if a bit distracted and we were all weighed :cry:.Measurements and photos weren't taken-will ask when I go back next week (a day early due to work commitments).I feel really motivated,but apprehensive and excited at the same time.Is this normal??

Hello there:)
I started my food packs today!!!
Today has gone better than what I thought even with the numerous trips to the loo, all this extra water!!!
I'm starting to get a headache though:(
My group seem really friendly and I'm looking forward to next weeks weigh in already:)
I can do this one day at a time!!!

Hi again,I've just come back from first class.It was ok-some friendly folks,locum seemed nice enough if a bit distracted and we were all weighed :cry:.Measurements and photos weren't taken-will ask when I go back next week (a day early due to work commitments).I feel really motivated,but apprehensive and excited at the same time.Is this normal??

Hi, jcjazzy, good luck on your first week, I went through the same kind of emotions as you, I think they are natural especially as you are starting a new phase in your life.

Welcome JC

You will soon settle into a routine. Quite a lot of adjusting to do in the first week or so. It will be great when you get to know your real LLC and group. You will no doubt all support each other and you'll find plenty of people on here who can relate to your experiences.
GOOD LUCK XX:wave_cry:

Thanks Loislane, Pancras and Slenda Blenda.Started the food packs today-feel hungry but have drank plenty of water,peeing like a racehorse:eek: and definate headache.Still feeling really upbeat so far and have marked no 1 on the calendar.First day of a new life!!

hey jazzy, how you finding the packs?
I'm just tucking into a vanilla mousse.... not too sure about it, but have managed to last until now to have my first pack of the day!
Hope your day goes well:)
x

Hi there, So far have tried the porridge ( abit lumpy but ok),the strawberry and the thai chilli (which was a bit powdery tasting despite the stick bender).They all taste ok-I intend to have them spaced out during the day.How was the vanilla? I didn't get one of them as i am not crazy about vanilla,although people say its nice in coffee.I am really thisty though and have drank 3 litres of water so far.I also feel a bit conscious about my breath,but don't feel I can be in ketosis yet.

I hate Vanilla in the real world but liked it to begin with.

I found that my tastes changed within the first few weeks, so keep the ones the ones you don't like in mind!

Keep going girlie!

Will do EmVeg.I've had a really busy day at work so I didn't find it too bad.I'm now off for the next 3 days so that might be abit more challenging :)!! How are you doing?

Back