Marian's Vegetarian Low Carb Diary

MarianH

Yes, you read right. I suspect I am a bit mental. I'm posting on Atkins because the Rose Elliot diet that I'm using takes the Atkins induction period as its start point so I am also limited to 20g carbs for at least the next fortnight.

I currently weigh 15st after an awful year that has involved a lot of comfort eating - to the point I've gained 2.5st.

I wanted to find a way to lose weight that works for me. I've done everything in the past except this. I always felt like Atkins was firmly a no-go for veges. I am a vege who cheats and eats a bit of fish as well, so this should help me.

I am a carb addict and can put away huge amounts of pasta, pizza, you name it - if it has carbs in it, I eat it and eat too much of it.

I'm now on day 4 of induction. I feel crappy today. I keep getting really dehydrated in spite of the huge amounts of water I'm drinking. I feel quite achy and that's putting me off doing any exercise. I need to get motivated!

I'm eating loads of cheese at the minute; once I settle into what food I can and can't eat, I will cut this back a bit.

Today's food included scrambled tofu with gruyere cheese, a 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and beansprouts, prawn mayo with mozzerella and salad leaves, snacks of brie, tuna and olives. I think I'm well within my carbs though, so I'm very pleased with it. I'm just surprised at how peckish I feel, as I was hoping my appetite would go away.

Hi Marian and welcome:). Glad i found your diary! no your not crazy - cutting carbs works even for veggies;). Girlygirl is a regular on here and is also veggie so hopefully she will be along to give some advice. Otherwise apparently the newest version of the atkins book have info for vegetarians too.

Good luck and hang in there on the hunger - should go soon and hopefully your energy will be back
Xx

Hello Marian... And welcome! :)

Until you get into ketosis don't worry about volume ... Once it kicks in then you can scale back and think more about eating until satisfied not over full ... Enjoy Atkins its a really great WOE :)

Hi marian and welcome, I shall be watching your diary with interest.

Hi Marian

Hope you're feeling a bit better today and have more energy - you've probably experienced what we call the Atkins flu - it's the effect of flushing out all those carbs! :)

Morning Marion, how's it going?

Back