Marie's diary!!!!!

Fingers crossed!!!

I want to lose this week but am worried how the totm will effect this...on other diets i have stayed the same or gainged 1/2 to 1 pound when its totm - even though following them to the letter and not cheating!!!

Probably could of picked a better week to start huh? lol lol lol

Oh well no matter what it has to come off!!!!!!!! Hopefully if not a huge loss this week it will be better next week!!!

Yay!!!! yay!!!!! yay!!!

Andy is drinking some coffee again now and feels better and more positive...i am soooooooooo happy :)
Oh good
Have been food shopping today....oh what a bad idea...it is torture going up and down isles of food you can't have plus we normally have a drink and a bacon buttie (weekly ritual minus kids) there so it felt really weird not to!!! I think i will order the food online from now on to remove the temptation...is that cowardly??? Or sensible????
Sensible!
Save:time, energy, money,angst, petrol, Need any more incentive?
Cooking for the boys is rough when you can't eat it but i feel a lot better today and just smelt it lol lol can you get high on smelling food??? iT WORKED ANYWAY I DID NOT CHEAT YAY ME!!!!!!
Some (but sadly not all) people that Ive read discussing this on here ,say it gets a lot easier as you get into the diet.
Personally I found cooking & watching them eat v hard for the first coupls of weeks. Even resented it a bit. Then went thruogh a weird phase of enjoying cooking for them & planning meals several days ahead. I'm pleasedthat that abnormal state didn't last long & I'm now back to normal. I just see what we've got & cook it up.
Totm is here yuck!!! This is definately what was making me ill...i am so stupid not to of realised it was that and not the cd making me so ill...its been like that for the last 2-3 years since i put on the last 2-3stone...i am hoping that is one of the first things to improve as i lose weight!!!!
I'msure it will improve in the long run ,but in the short term you may experience soem upheaval in your cycle. some people get rather longer bleeds, or more frequent. Some miss some & some people get no change. If it does go funny then it'll put itself right in a short time.
Will chack in again later i hope everyone has a great day!!!

Oh well no matter what it has to come off!!!!!!!! Hopefully if not a huge loss this week it will be better next week!!!
you'll probably be pleasantly surprised tomorrow!

Day 6

Well feel lots more posiive today...can't wait for weigh in although i am still worried that i won't have lost much due to totm my scales say 8lb loss...but we will see huh?

Andy is a lot better and is gardening :)

I think i need to get out and about more now and stop staying in feeling grotty...it's not good for me...i am usually a lot more positive...soooooooo i am going to kick myself up the butt and go for a walk with the dog!!!:)

Hi Dazzler.
I buy sparkling water from asda (17p for a 2 litre bottle - bargain!) and mix a little of the summer fruits powder that you can get from your CDC.

I fill my glass with ice, and pour my chilled sparkling water in the glass, add my powder, mix, plonk my arse on sofa, then ENJOY! It's a lovely summer drink.

Thanks watobeslim

I will have to try that... at the moment i am using strawberry and kiwi perfectly clear and red apple... diluting it with water... 1/3 flavoured 2/3 water... and thats no problem and i have been able to double the amount of water that way to between 4-5 litres a day!!!

Should be ok they contain mallic acid like the water flavouring instead of citric acid... if it means i can continue with the diet i must have water this way... was nearlyt hrowing up with plain water lol lol

Oh well i really hope to have a good loss this week regardless of the totm... i really need the incentive!!!!

Sounds like you've earned a good loss too!

Swapping to ww!!!!!!!!!

Well this is day 7... andy has lost 15lb's and i have lost 8lb's...it has never got much better and we have decided we can not do this diet long term...it's too mch like torture!!!

I feel like a failure but i have to do whats right for us...and we really don't think that this diet is it!!!

I won't be giving up losing weight though i am signing up for ww right away!!!!!!!

hey marie
don`t give up
the weight losses are great
believe me i have had some reall rubbish losses but 12 weeks down i can see changes now

it is hard but the rewards are a lot quicker than any other diet
try your best hun maybe you are just having a bad day
is till think you can do this

abgraphics202816629.gif

kaz xxx

wow marie, congrats on the weight loss. 15lb for Andy is awesome and your 8lb is brilliant too - especially considering totm.

It would be such a shame to give up now, I thought you were both getting into the diet now after your initial difficulties.

I know you have to do what is right for you, but many people end up on CD as they have tried all the other diets and cant stick to them. At least with Cd you know that if you do stick to it you are guaranteed fantastic weight loss. It is hard, I know, but nothing in life worth having is easy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sam
xxx

Hey Marie

Sorry to hear its not for you, I feel like that most days but am now in ketosis so feel I'll manage. I'm really just getting through on a day to day basis, is this an option for you. Just remember if you do change to WW and eat carbs again, its likely your glycogen stores will replenish quickly and you'll see the scales go up (even though its not fat) so don't become disheartened.

Good luck.

Sorry you feel you can't continue with the CDssing.
You've had the worst days but haven't got into the best phase yet. If you could stick to i for another week you should transfer from the tired grotty feeling to energetic & chirpy. the hunger really does go away & not having to think & plan meals & portions & balanced nutrition really is a lovely break for many jaded dieters.
Couldn't you give it just another week?

2 days off!!!

Well we have had 2 days off now...have not gone mad just had salads, vegetables etc...do not know whether we were too hasty to give up now...i am really sad..

I have 9 cd packs left and am going to take them today and contact the cdc for advice...feel a wimp and failure....

How soon do we forget?

Yesterday i went to wolverhapton with my 'friend' shopping...why did i forget so quickly why i wanted to do cd and lose the weight????

I followed her from shop to shop where i could not fit into a single thing...before she said the unthinkable...lets go to evans for you...my mom wants a top from there too!!!!!!!!!!

AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate evans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate being lumped with my friends moms!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 32 not 52!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was too weak and forgot why i started...well never again i am starting again today and that is that and this time next year she will be the one who cant get into the clothes (she is a 16-18 and the way she eats KFC and Burger King will soon be going up!!!).

Funnily enough she is on ww and says she is allowed to eat like that if she cuts down afterward...i had a tuna salad bagguette...

My husband has had comments about his weight loss and feels loads better...why did we give up so easy????

Losing weight is not easy and i think for a moment i forgot that... what with feeling grotty, totm and a bit of a drama up at my son's special school i was just waiting for a reason to quit...no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey marie
i am going to send my minder round to kick you up the bum
backbear_e0.gif

:giggle:
you know you can do this
you know why you want to do it
so take a deep breathe put the last few days behind you and get back on ss
you were doing well so dont let the last few days of feeling rubbish put you off
just think of all the people in your life that have known you big
think of their faces when they next see you so many stones lighter
it is a bloody hard diet but stick with it and you`ll see results
my weight hasn`t exactly fell of me it has taken me 12 weeks to lose 3 stones, others can lose 5 or 6 stones in that time
you can do this
i to get disheartend, some days i sound qiute pathetic because i feel sorry for myself but it`s only us that can change our bodies

sorry about the lecture but it`s my way of saying i care and i do have every confidence you`ll succeed
keep at it girl dont give in
doesn`t matter how hard it gets think slimmer
if you like i`ll send you my number just pick up the phone and natter to me i`ll make you laugh and you can support me to

good luck mate
no more giving in

kaz xxx

Marie

So glad you have decided to give cambridge another try. You really will see the benefits so quickly.

Just remember that you will have knocked yourself out of ketosis so you are going to have to go through that horrid stage again. Once you get back into ketosis, make sure you stay there and it will become so much easier.

Stay strong, stay focused and remember why you are doing this.

Take it day by day, or hour by hour if you need to - thats keeping quite a few of the ladies on the straight and narrow.

YOU CAN DO IT.

oh well!!!

Thanks Kaz for the lecture it is much appreciated... feel lots happier now... am going to go to my moms for the weekend and 'confess' to being on a diet...hard not to we will be staying with them lol lol. You will have to e-mail me your number and we can text or chat... i promise i will be stronger this time lol lol.

Thanks wannalose8stone....going through ketosis again is going to suck... but now i am not on totm i feel lots better... i really do have them extremely badly..bed ridden sometimes for 2-3 days...only since the last 2-3 stone...more of an incentive to lose weight i know but probably the worst time to choose to start this diet!!!

Oh well i have already learn't such a lot and am sure i might wobble again...but yesterday really made me think again...do i always want to be ridiculed...treated as inferior/old...be paranoid people are looking at me/talking aboout me... NO!!!

I am to treat myself with NON-FOOD treats ...

1.Weekly manicure/pedicure
2.Nightly bath by candlelight
3.Wear some make-up every day
4.Walk the dog alone(me time and excercise in 1!!)

Oh dazzler I'm so pleased.
I think you have a lot to thank your friend for, for helping you remember why you wanted to do this inthe first place.

i think your reward/distraction strateies for overcomingthe hard first fewdays are just right & you can't fail this time.....I mean the thought of Kaz's alter ego bearing down on you for just thinking about food is just too scarey for me.;)

Seeing cdc tonight!!!

Well went to my parents for the weekend which was a nice change....'confessed' about the diet and they were ok about it!!!!!!!:)

Go to see my cdc tonight to see what 4 days off has done...hope i have not put on too much :( could not get there before started this morning with left over packs and feel good and positive!!! I hope that feeling continues!!!!

Will be on later to confess what damage i have done...........

Oh oh!!!

Well 4 days off cd and put 4 pounds back on :( oh well i was expecting it and will just have to be extra good and get some excercise as well as not cheating...cdc was nice

Today i went to get my access certificates from college...which i passed all :) i am really looking forward to going to university in september and really want to be a slimmer more positive me....i will get there...it took time to put the weight on and it will take time to take it off again!!!

Oh well first 2 days back on cd and it feels a lot easier this time without the totm just have a slight headache and funny taste in my mouth...

Roll on next week and the wi...........

Back