Mark's Daily Diary

Lol what spices will you use to make chicken tikka??

bought BBQ seasoning which I had last night and Garlic and have chinese 5 spice :)

Lol what spices will you use to make chicken tikka??

bought BBQ seasoning which I had last night and Garlic and have chinese 5 spice :)

I would usually use GaramMassala and Tumeric along with other common ones (salt, pepper, ginger) then add yoghurt and blend them to make a marinade and soak the chicken in it, but I'm sure I will be corrected, by someone more in the know....I just like it that way! :)

I will def go and get these spices!!

I am loving adding spices to food instead of fat for flavour!

Like right now im having a chicken salad and I roasted the chicken with chinese 5 spice and it tastes amazing!!

So def going to be stocking up on more spices lol!!

And its that a low fat natural yogurt or 0% fat fromage frais??

At a guess I'd say either. :)

The Chinese 5 spice will be something simialr to Garam Massala, as that's just a mix of spices too (obviously different taste! lol).

In regards to your Easter Challenge post, looks like you did win....you win a bag of LT Flapjacks all to yourself! LMAO

Damnit!!!

I give up my title lol, Im not a glory hog as they say :p lol!!

Oooh do they both taste the same?

Day 23:

Spent the day working at home as little one is still spotty.

Had my Choc/coffee shake around 11:30 this morning, slightly earlier than I had been, because I had hunger pains, even with all the water, but to be fair the motions are getting better, so maybe i'm emptying out somewhat.

Smashed my front tooth around 5pm when I caught it with my plastic drinks bottle. Had sensitive teeth for last week and half on LT, feels sore now around top left side.....although the piece that came off the tooth doesn't appear to have revealed a nerve (maybe the thought of going to the dentist! lol).

Had my Vanilla/Coffee shake around 8pm.

This day has been quite easy on LT (apart from the teeth thing), no real wanting for food. I went out to put the lottery on at a different shop that usual, which took me on a 3 mile walk, which was nice to get out. The plan was to walk to work this morning, but I was wary that if the teeth get worse I'll be stuck to get to the dentist!

Got an appointment on Thursday, already paranoid about the breath! lol

You'll be fine take listerine with you and gargle for 5 minutes..lol

Day 24:

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon in a meeting so didn't have my shake until 2:15pm (Strawberry), and I only had 2 coffees and 1 litre of water in that time. I was feeling quite sickly at that time, maybe because it was hot in the room, or lack of something in the body, don't know.....anyway, I'm still alive, so you'll have to put up with my ramblings a little while longer.

Had my second shake at 8pm last night (vanilla/coffee). Managed another 2 litres of water. I'm wary about using my sports bottle now after damaging my teeth, and I think I'll be swapping them soon for a normal bottle. I keep getting tempted to use my teeth for pulling open the cap - wouldn't be the brightest idea!

I was reading a few posts last night and one of them was Abbies about when to eat the shakes and it started me thinking that is having them late a bad thing? They always say you shouldn't eat to late as it stays on you....could it be a similar thing with LT? Is that why the losses have been minimal for the last two weeks or am I looking for a reason to something that isn't an issue anyway? lol

Damn, that thinking game is no good this early in the morning....I'm all confused now! LMAO

You dont have that much weight to lose now maybe its because of that. 18lb in 3 weeks is not to be sniffed at...your doing really well. :)
It is a interesting question. Does it makes a difference when you have the shakes? Will ask the lady today at weigh in. Good luck with the Dentists x

Day 25:

Nothing new today...all morning on water and coffee then a choc/coffee shake for lunch. Visited dentist and got the job done without problems. He said nothing to do with the diet and the rest of the pain was to do with smashing the front one, so that's good news.

Had soup around 9pm last night as was feeling cold.

Got home early from dentist, so decided to set up my weights bench in the garden and did some light weights for the first time in a long time...aching a bit this morning, but at least they are out now, so no excuses! lol

Only 3 more days before my last TFR weigh-in, then onto refeed before the hols! :)

great.....dentist wasn't to bad! well done for the weights. ;)

I'm off to a small place in Egypt called El Gouna for two weeks all inclusive, so that will be a good test of will power for me! :)

Me too - first time to Egypt...I don't do sun, but the OH and little one love it, so at least it should be peaceful for me! ;)

I love the sun, I could quite happily sit around or walk all day in the sun, I just have to get out of the habit of asking for a lager when I sit down though, asking for a bottle of water will have to be the new practise lol

Yep that's the one....I would normally hide in the air-conned bar area and get merry! lol

But I'll be good this holiday...haven't had a beer for a long time or wine, so water will be fine, just have to make sure it's bottled, otherwise I may have another weight-loss action going on! lol

Been advised to stay away from the breads too, apparently they do a lot of fresh breads with the meals....mmmmm.....will try to stick to chicken and fish (maybe a little pasta). Will have to see what the food is like....hopefully hot and spicy! :)

Back