Marks & Spencer Wholemeal Farmhouse Loaf

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Evening All,

Just in case someone reads this before I have a disaster day I only had this bread in the house.

Its a 400g loaf and I tried to find it in the SW syns online and I got each slice to 3 syns?!?!?! They are only 80 cals each so I thought 3syns was quite good really the thing is this, Is that my HEB and 3 syns??

So, If i've had 4 slices already and had no carbs and so stick to a red day does that mean i've had my 2 HEB and 12 syns??

Just wondering If i've gone way over syns already and need to stop thinking about having that hot choc later!!!:rolleyes:

Evening All,

Just in case someone reads this before I have a disaster day I only had this bread in the house.

Its a 400g loaf and I tried to find it in the SW syns online and I got each slice to 3 syns?!?!?! They are only 80 cals each so I thought 3syns was quite good really the thing is this, Is that my HEB and 3 syns??

So, If i've had 4 slices already and had no carbs and so stick to a red day does that mean i've had my 2 HEB and 12 syns??

Just wondering If i've gone way over syns already and need to stop thinking about having that hot choc later!!!:rolleyes:

All wholemeal bread is 57g as a HEXB - so you can use 57g as a HEX and any extra as syns.

If they are 80cals each they are 4 syns each in total, not 3, as it is 1 syn per 20 calories.

If you've had 4 slices today you've had 320cal worth or 16 syns worth. 57g of that can be a HEXB (or 114g as 2HEXBs if you're on Red/Green) - the rest is syns.

Any normal wholemeal bread, from a 400g (small sized) loaf and medium sliced, is classed as 3 syns per slice (regardless of the exact calorific content) so the OP is correct. I don't know this exact farmhouse loaf myself, but as long as it fits the above requirements, you're fine.

If you've got any left, weigh two slices and see if they weigh 57g - but otherwise, I think you're safe to count these 4 slices as your two healthy extras. [healthy extras are basically worth 6 syns each]

Thanks both!!!

I started to feel quite poorly soon after I posted this and so I had nothing for tea, not even my hot choc so hopefully 16 syns or HEB wise I was ok for the day.

Hope I get to be as knowledgeable as you two one day!!!!

Back